Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Fairawen

The New Music - Thoughts?

13 posts in this topic

What do you guys think about the new soundtrack?

I have to admit, the sun started going down and I heard the song with the drums... and for the first time since I started playing Minecraft, I went "Oh shit oh shit I'm gonna die so scared ;_;" Something about this music is eerie, inspired, and sometimes inspiring. I climb to the top of those notorious TFC mountains, new song plays, and feel like I'm king of the world. Or that a creeper is gonna blow me up any second. Or both.

Fantastic stuff! Whoever wrote this music, kudos to you.

I'll have to turn off my playlist of heavy metal and classical music to hear it!

:)

Got it !

I finally heard that music, it's wonderfull, i love it.

:)

:) It needs to move the player every time they hear it. I'm glad you guys like it. Keep an ear out cuz I plan on doing a whole Terrafirmacraft Soundtrack for Bioxx.. Feedback is appreciated!!!

looking forward to that Menoch!

:) It needs to move the player every time they hear it. I'm glad you guys like it. Keep an ear out cuz I plan on doing a whole Terrafirmacraft Soundtrack for Bioxx.. Feedback is appreciated!!!

It really is great. The whole new style of gameplay TFC brings coupled with this great music really enhances my experience playing. Nothing against the passive tones of C418, which are great as well, but this stuff really makes me want to keep playing and playing and really sets an upbeat, intriguing, exciting tone!

the music is great! i just think it should be a seperate download from the mod itself. we have had so many updates recently it adds tons of congestion that doesnt really need to be there.

the music is great! i just think it should be a seperate download from the mod itself. we have had so many updates recently it adds tons of congestion that doesnt really need to be there.

I don't know that we can say that the website errors are due to congestion. The files are not that big... I don't know that there are enough people downloading at all hours of the day to be causing that. The problems also began before the music was put into it.

--I'm glad you guys like it. --

Do you do sound effects to? Those new vanilla 1.4.2 sfx are very strange, jarring, and unlifelike. TFC could use some replacements of those too. I have a pretty good sound set up but I've never tried such things, though I'm tempted to just to not have to hear that bizarre walking-on-dirt sound.

Posting to give a big thumbs up for the new Music Tracks included. They are technically superlative, add to immersion greatly, fit the game snugly and make the mod even more awesome.

Keep the goodness coming man, hoping to see more of your work soon...C:

Do you do sound effects to? Those new vanilla 1.4.2 sfx are very strange, jarring, and unlifelike. TFC could use some replacements of those too. I have a pretty good sound set up but I've never tried such things, though I'm tempted to just to not have to hear that bizarre walking-on-dirt sound.

I have thought about it... doing a sound effect overhaul for Minecraft. I do agree that the new SFX are not only detatched (most of them) but the volume levels just seem off... maybe it is just me, but jumping into water from a cliff face should make more of a splash than what sounds like dropping a wet sponge in the sink. Heheh.

I however want to continue working on the TFC soundtrack and square that away.

There are currently 5 tracks that Bioxx included in the TFC mod which is a HUUUUUGE honor, I tell ya. My aim is a 13 to 15 track CD with dreamy and earthy tones all completely and totally inspired by the vistas and feel of TFC. I'm currently "crafting" 2 pieces with the 12 string on my "digital forge" but I don't want it to sound too much like Diablo. :)

In all I am so very pleased by the feedback I have been seeing here. It is quite encouraging. And if any more tracks are going to be added, I will make sure to keep the file size in mind so as not to add to the weight of downloading.

GAME ON!

Menoch

I have thought about it... doing a sound effect overhaul for Minecraft. I do agree that the new SFX are not only detatched (most of them) but the volume levels just seem off... maybe it is just me, but jumping into water from a cliff face should make more of a splash than what sounds like dropping a wet sponge in the sink. Heheh.

I know, right! Why is walking on sand louder than falling 150m into water? Sounds like the Paul Bunyan extracting himself from quicksand. Meanwhile hacking at a tree is a dull, quiet, thupping, reminiscent of a cat scratching its ear.

But back to the soundtrack, I think it's amazing. I love the vibrancy and the earthy bass in some of those tracks. Any plans for more strings beyond that? I often play Beethoven's 7th (II) in my head while I play. (That piece makes me see/feel things I don't know how other ways.)

I think it would be really cool if Bioxx were able to match the musical rhythm to the type of play. Deep drums and pounding rhythms work so well for night, especially in the early game, but as one advances to a developed fortress, strings and wind seem more apt.