Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Felys

[CLOSED] B64 no sound

43 posts in this topic

As said in title not a sound in B64.

Config :

Forge 6.0.1.355

API 1.0

Optifine HD_U_A7

Rei's Minimap

Matmos

Minecraft sound improvment

CJB (AMAIN-MOREINFO)

TFC

Bug already known ?

i have had the sound stop randomly since updating to 64, i don't use any other mods so it could be a bug in this release.

i had to reload minecraft to get the sound back

i had the sound cut out after playing for about an hour, last thing i remember hearing was one of the new pieces of music.

Hey guys, just a question. Every sound stopped playing or only some?

Hey guys, just a question. Every sound stopped playing or only some?

for me all sound.

Hey guys I'm here another time to say: CONFIRMED BUG!

ok well I need more details to be able to fix this.

"i had the sound cut out after playing for about an hour, last thing i remember hearing was one of the new pieces of music." <-- can anyone else confirm this?

"i had the sound cut out after playing for about an hour, last thing i remember hearing was one of the new pieces of music." <-- can anyone else confirm this?

I remember that I was listening one of the new music and I was placing coal to test a bug, then I had the sound cut. A bit like you.

It happens for me too

With the new music?

I had sounds disappearing after using bloomery or forge after their burning sound supposed to end.

EDIT: I noticed that new song was playing too now when sounds went off :/

It happened to me too, but I don't recall if it was when the new music started playing. When I played later that day the sound didn't go out at all.

I don't know if it's related, but chopping a tree sounds weird to me, like it's playing two different chopping sounds at once. It doesn't sound like it used to, at least.

I find that the music stops when opening a gui, what ever the gui is, and also when something changes in the main gui.

Well I can confirm that it cuts out without this occurring as well. (Though I can't know if it started playing and cut it out as soon as it started.) I've also played for a considerable amount of time with nothing going wrong. Could be a temporary Forge thing? I don't know much about sound modding though.

I had sound stop randomly about 20 minutes into creating a new world, was only collecting rocks and seeds, no music played before. all sounds stopped.

Running:

• TFC b64
  • Forge 6.0.1.355
  • Rei's Minimap 3.2_05

I can confirm the same thing. At random intervals of time, usually without cause, the all sound cuts out. Happened with B62, I updated to B64 and it's still cutting out randomly. I'm using the latest PlayerAPI and Forge.

When the sound wasn't playing, i was playing with a save from B60.

I create a new world and the sound come back.

Closing that new world and opening the B60's save fix my no sound problem.

Now, i have sound.

Try this :)

The world save doesn't matter I think...didnt for me..

It stops after a random amount of time for me...sometimes it's an hour sometimes it's 5 minutes. It actually cancels ALL of the soundoutput from minecraft.....mcsounds, Matmos sounds...everything...don't think it'S related to the music because i heard at least two pieces completely i think:)

If it helps, my faulty computer also lags heavily when the sound stops, and then continues at normal speed afterward.

i had it happen again, while i was wandering around cutting the tall grass, several ingame days, so about 30 min into my playtime. i remember hearing one of the new songs without any issues, i'll see if i can find out the name of the one i heard. anyway the sound cut out at about 12 (when you push N and see your calendar) there were no mobs or animals around. i dont know how helpful this will be though. i'll keep my eyes open for more.

edit: using multimc console i get this message when the sound cuts out.

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Exception in thread "Thread-15" java.lang.NullPointerException

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.codecs.CodecJOrbis.initialize(Unknown Source)

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.libraries.SourceLWJGLOpenAL.play(Unknown Source)

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.Library.play(Unknown Source)

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.quickPlay(Unknown Source)

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQuickPlay(Unknown Source)

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQueue(Unknown Source)

2012-11-05 19:08:02 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.CommandThread.run(Unknown Source)

I got the same error as this. I was not cutting grass, but it happened to cut out very suddenly in between picking up some rocks. I hadn't had a music piece play for a while prior. One rock made the normal sound and then the next and subsequent did not. Closing MC and reloading brought it back, as usual.

At least now we have some crashcode. I think that this happens only with a specific song.

At least now we have some crashcode. I think that this happens only with a specific song.

Must be the sound system's swan song...

[Edit... some time later (because I can't sleep. again.) ]

I just had this occur immediately after loading, maybe a minute in. I walked around in my log cabin, grabbed some stuff out of a chest, walked out the door and sound was on. Creeper found me, chased me... boom but no *boom*. Ssssound was gone. (Did you see what I did there?)

Generating a crash report in MultiMC gave again the similar error but a little more too:

2012-11-06 01:20:42 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] setupTexture: "/mob/enderman_eyes.png", id: 84

2012-11-06 01:20:49 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] setupTexture: "/gui/inventory.png", id: 85

2012-11-06 01:20:49 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] setupTexture: "%clamp%/misc/shadow.png", id: 86

012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] Exception in thread "Thread-7" java.lang.NullPointerException

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.codecs.CodecJOrbis.initialize(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.libraries.SourceLWJGLOpenAL.play(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.Library.play(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.libraries.LibraryLWJGLOpenAL.quickPlay(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQuickPlay(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.SoundSystem.CommandQueue(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:20:57 [iNFO] [sTDERR] at paulscode.sound.CommandThread.run(Unknown Source)

2012-11-06 01:21:02 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Expand tessellator buffer, old: 524288, new: 1048576

2012-11-06 01:21:03 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] setupTexture: "/mob/spider_eyes.png", id: 87

2012-11-06 01:21:19 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] setupTexture: "/misc/explosion.png", id: 88

2012-11-06 01:21:24 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] PlayerManager Successfully removed player <username>

2012-11-06 01:21:25 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Unloading dimension 0

2012-11-06 01:21:25 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Unloading dimension -1

2012-11-06 01:21:25 [iNFO] [ForgeModLoader] Unloading dimension 1

2012-11-06 01:21:28 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Stopping!

2012-11-06 01:21:29 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] SoundSystem shutting down...

2012-11-06 01:21:34 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Error in class 'SoundSystem'

2012-11-06 01:21:34 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Command thread did not die!

2012-11-06 01:21:34 [iNFO] [sTDOUT] Ignoring errors... continuing clean-up.

Almost identical just a different thread, but what I'm seeing here is that it occurred independent of anything else. If you look at the times, nothing else actually occurred as the error was trapped, just the error itself.

That makes me think there's a typo in a file reference. Is one of the new musical pieces just not given the right filename?

Perhaps a bit of confirmation? Not really, but it's a start.

When I think about it, I only heard "Dreams Of The Phae" and not a single other music piece.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0