Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
yubyub96

Forests,and how i think they should be

TFC and its forests   37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like TFC forests?

• yes
    • no
    • neutral
  2. 2. Do you like my suggestion?

• Yeah, it has to be implemented in TFC!
    • Yeah.
    • Mmmmm, i think it can be better.
    • No.
    • No, its horrible, leave forests as they are!
  3. 3. Do you think this suggestion can be improved?How?(leave a comment)

• yes
    • no
    • neutral

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

fix'd

And i honestly don't know what Crysyn did... even though Dunk mentioned it before... so yeah... :

Crysyn made lots of people that love cats happier.

Crysyn made lots of people that love cats happier.

crysyn is a much better coder than bioxx or I.

He helped Bioxx get 256 terrain gen and fixed the caves not reaching the surface.

crysyn is a much better coder than bioxx or I.

He helped Bioxx get 256 terrain gen and fixed the caves not reaching the surface.

This cute cat can program better than you and Bioxx?

Posted Image

This cute cat?

This cute cat can program better than you and Bioxx?

Posted Image

This cute cat?

What a hell happened to your avatar?

What a hell happened to your avatar?

We are in a Customs derail. I'm a bit leader.

We are in a Customs derail. I'm a bit leader.

You guys really take it to a whole new level...

Posted Image

A little better, imagine as leaves falling down

A little better, imagine as leaves falling down

My video card is ready.

My video card is ready.

Don't say that or forest will rain particles with each a independent and random movement.

Don't say that or forest will rain particles with each a independent and random movement.

My Video Card... Is Ready...

:"3

Wolf, your avatar is different in a post than your profile. It is regular wolf in a post, but in the profile it is.......o_O

Posted Image

Surely the texture will be different but I'm not going to work on that as it would be terrible.

What they do is fall on 3 occasions: when you hit leaves blocks, when those blocks deccay and after awhile.

Each particle should have a different behavior.

Things that I'm unsure about:

How far they can go and their duration without any lag.

Behavior with collision, I would love to see that!!!!!

How much is too much.

are the particles going to be unique based on the leaf structure? Oak drops different leafs then pine.

are the particles going to be unique based on the leaf structure? Oak drops different leafs then pine.

Why not? Sure they can, depends on Bioxx and Dunk.

Wolf, your avatar is different in a post than your profile. It is regular wolf in a post, but in the profile it is.......o_O

yeah, apparently mine is too, well at least it looks that way to me

yeah, apparently mine is too, well at least it looks that way to me

But, for me now it is fixed. Interesting...... I will have to ask Ryan Friedlinghaus about this.

I'm having so much fun with these little bastards

then send me some pictures!

then send me some pictures!

The problem with pictures is that they are static, I'll try to draw a sketch of what I'm doing since videos would eat my whole bandwith.

Posted Image

This would be an approximate path for one particle, try to picture it in 3D...

The fun in this is while blocks have integers as positions, Entities have doubles, so the movement is very smooth. The downside is that they don't have a boundbox... And I guess you know where I'm going with this.

But, for me now it is fixed. Interesting...... I will have to ask Ryan Friedlinghaus about this.

wait is it the one sitting in a chair or standing?

cuz for posts i see the standing one, but the profile shows me the sitting picture

wait is it the one sitting in a chair or standing?

cuz for posts i see the standing one, but the profile shows me the sitting picture

I see 2 guys standing and posing for the post, and the same picture for the profile. Weird...

I see 2 guys standing and posing for the post, and the same picture for the profile. Weird...

dafuq?

two guys...?

-so confused-

Posted Image

This would be an approximate path for one particle, try to picture it in 3D...

The fun in this is while blocks have integers as positions, Entities have doubles, so the movement is very smooth. The downside is that they don't have a boundbox... And I guess you know where I'm going with this.

Errr... ehhhhh.... *trying to guess where he's going with that from what i know about programming*

... You... can't... make stuff interact with it, other than leaves 'causing it and indirect interaction (hitting the leaves for the particles to release) ?

Errr... ehhhhh.... *trying to guess where he's going with that from what i know about programming*

... You... can't... make stuff interact with it, other than leaves 'causing it and indirect interaction (hitting the leaves for the particles to release) ?

Yeah, but I'm looking at how arrow interact with the world, maybe there is a way...