Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SteAStro88

Trees Info discovery

23 posts in this topic

I thought it was due to inform everyone that there is some sort of requirements for growing the saplings, i say so because where i settled my home , a zone near the border between two biomes, in one only sequoias grow, in the other grow birches or aspens, there it is a screenshot

Posted Image

sequoias saplings spawned in the birches/aspens biome as well as the sequoias one, but it's not the same for birches/aspens saplings, the fact that pushed me to open this topic is that when i found a willow wood about 1 km from my shack i decided to get some saplings and carry them to those two biomes near my home, but i've discovered that though those planted in the green terrain of the birches/aspens grew normally after some time, the ones planted in the zone dominated by the sequoias were never grown in some months in-game, they remained like this

Posted Image

in the image some of those sequoias were planted by me in early august-september as well as the willow saplings in the screenshot, the sequoias grew about in half october-early november, but now is december and willows saplings are still like that

i guess that the final explanation is that the saplings grow with some rules dictated by the type of terrain on which they are planted, if the terrain is wrong the sapling won't grow or will grow far more slowly,

i hope this will help you in case you're having problems with your saplings to keep your forest lush like originally was :)

Edited by SteAStro88

I don't know if what you posted is true, but if it is, you made a good work. (+1)

I don't know if what you posted is true, but if it is, you made a good work. (+1)

well maybe i wrote it believing too much that what i think is true, but i'm only basing my theory to the facts, i think i will try more combinations to see if the terrain influence the growth of the saplings, for now i know this and that sequoias seems to have a bigger terrain type range because they can grow and spawn even in the near biomes

It has something to do with the wasteland grass (the dirty grass type). As long as grass doesn't grow on the blocks your saplings are on, any sapling should be able to grow in any area (well, almost any area that is. Don't go too far to the north).

This may be true and would make sense, each tree has it's own environment requirements.

But they should really reduce/remove the amount of saplings popping up out of nowhere, it happens as fast as the grass growing.

I would really like them to change that so each tree can produce a sapling and the sapling survive as it does now, that way if you remove all the trees around your house, you won't wake up surrounded be many different trees the next morning, instead there won't be any trees at all.

This may be true and would make sense, each tree has it's own environment requirements.

But they should really reduce/remove the amount of saplings popping up out of nowhere, it happens as fast as the grass growing.

I would really like them to change that so each tree can produce a sapling and the sapling survive as it does now, that way if you remove all the trees around your house, you won't wake up surrounded be many different trees the next morning, instead there won't be any trees at all.

I confess that I didn't read what you've said, but you get a like for the profile pic. Damn I love DF...

Looks like someone has been doing his homework...

It's a good investigation, it has got my like, and i will be following this post. Just for the safety of this post, though, i will advice you NOT to post any info unless you obtained it from direct game experience (pretty much what you have been doing so far), and not from actual game code. Bioxx doesn't want the later to be known to everyone, so the players learn out of experience about the game, instead of the vanilla way... what was it? oh, yeah:

"Mmm, what's the durability of a diamond pickaxe? let's search it in the MC wiki!!"

That up there is EXACTLY what we don't want players to be doing... Just a little advice :3

I confess that I didn't read what you've said, but you get a like for the profile pic. Damn I love DF...

The only stone miner I found :)

in half october-early november, but now is december and willows saplings are still like that

This is quite amazing, give minecraft the feeling of the year passing and hope for the time to pass so you can see something... This is gaming art.

Seems logical. Willows are TFC's swampy trees, and require lots of water. Judging by the grass in the sequoia's biome you seem to be in a very dry climate.

Looks like someone has been doing his homework...

It's a good investigation, it has got my like, and i will be following this post. Just for the safety of this post, though, i will advice you NOT to post any info unless you obtained it from direct game experience (pretty much what you have been doing so far), and not from actual game code. Bioxx doesn't want the later to be known to everyone, so the players learn out of experience about the game, instead of the vanilla way... what was it? oh, yeah:

"Mmm, what's the durability of a diamond pickaxe? let's search it in the MC wiki!!"

That up there is EXACTLY what we don't want players to be doing... Just a little advice :3

I think everyone who looked around the TFC wiki know that, if you want to know some, try it!

BTW, what happened to the chat?

Maybe during the weekends to save the cpu you can only chat in the IRC channel.

on an old 52e world i planted all kinds of different trees on some barren type grass to try and liven up the neighboring forest, just as you've found pretty much nothing grew, although i did have a coule oak trees grow, so perhaps it just has a reduced chance to grow. but i donno, that was an older world and trees have had an overhaul.

Maybe during the weekends to save the cpu you can only chat in the IRC channel.

Off topic, but ohhhhhh. Cool Wolf you're from Italy. Dunk's post really was useful...

It's not like I'm delaying the inevitable derail or anything...

Off topic, but ohhhhhh. Cool Wolf you're from Italy. Dunk's post really was useful...

It's not like I'm delaying the inevitable derail or anything...

Wow, and you're from...Toronto! Yes, dunk's post was very useful!

Wow, and you're from...Toronto! Yes, dunk's post was very useful!

Now that we are in this topic... Part of my family comes from the norht of Italy, you know :P

Now that we are in this topic... Part of my family comes from the norht of Italy, you know :P

And I have a friend in Argentina. O_O too many coincidences here.

I work with an Italian, Bidiri babidi, right? I also have one ex and two friends, exchange students, in Canada, nicest country in the world, maybe too nice, eh?

Plus we hate Argentina in Brazil, well, most of latin America hates Argentina, but I have a couple of nice friends from there.

I work with an Italian, Bidiri babidi, right? I also have one ex and two friends, exchange students, in Canada, nicest country in the world, maybe too nice, eh?

Plus we hate Argentina in Brazil, well, most of latin America hates Argentina, but I have a couple of nice friends from there.

: Yeah, i always wondered, why the hate?

Yes, why the hate? Did Argentina or Brazil make something bad to you?

Yes, why the hate? Did Argentina or Brazil make something bad to you?

Wait what? He said people from other sudamerican countrys (Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay, etc.) generally HATE Argentina, my country; not that he hated my country :

And i asked why was that...

I honestly don't get what confused you like that .-.

I don't really know, they say that Argentina is really snob, think their soccer is the best (Maradona, anyone?), their women are the most beautiful, and with the ambition of being english, like you call the soccer team "River Plate" because of the river "de la Plata".

From my experience, argentinians are really nice, at least the ones that I've met.