Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kimbblesrath

TFC FANART!!!!

126 posts in this topic

That is very awesome!! I do like the blue one a little more, but they are both kick ass. I am thinking that a black, leather-bound hilt with the pommel showing would make the red of the blade pop out more. Either way, superbly done!!!!

Hahahaha. xD That is EXACTLY how I was when I read you post to Dunk that piece of code about forest particles or something.

:P

EDIT: Everyone liked the Blue Steel one, so.... RED STEEL!!!

Posted Image

I don't like it as much as my blue steel one though. It just doesn't fit. The red color just doesn't fit with the sword as good in my opinion.

The lighting seems a little off...

That is very awesome!! I do like the blue one a little more, but they are both kick ass. I am thinking that a black, leather-bound hilt with the pommel showing would make the red of the blade pop out more. Either way, superbly done!!!!

Ya I'll try that. I have a really nice leather material somewhere in my archive of over 9000!!!!! nah jk more like OVER 400!!! ( doesn't have the same ring to it) materials. So yeah I'll have to find it. I will do another version of it tomorrow though. The torch is taking sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to bake.

The lighting seems a little off...

I know. Something is bugging me there.... I can't figure out what though. Maybe I made it too shiny... The Blue steel one is far better IMHO.

I really think the lighing in the red steel one doesn't feels natural... it just looks like a light red stain in the sword, not like an effect of light over the blade. In the Blue steel one, while it's also a light blue stain in some way, the center of it looks clearly white, and fades to blue slowly, just like it would in real life; not a single colour stain, but a slow gradient of colours. In the red steel one, it's just... a stain :

(My grandma used to teach art, and my big brother has art classes as well, so i know some stuff about art...)

All right, so I worked a bit more on the Red Steel Sword. Tell me what you guys think:

Posted Image

Imgur was down, and I really wanted to get this up, so I used flickr. I will upload it to imgur when imgur comes back up. :)

I like that red one better.. the latest one that is. It is less.. perfect. You can see the grain in the metal and the lighting looks more defined. ;)

I like that red one better.. the latest one that is. It is less.. perfect. You can see the grain in the metal and the lighting looks more defined. ;)

That's much better :3

Thank you. :) I was experimenting with it and it was really bugging me how it kept looking so..fake. The image might be a bit noisy though. Alas, that is the problem with unbiased rendering systems like Cycles. If I wanted to get that noise free, I would have to render that at 500-1000 passes. (probably closer to the former) This was rendered at 75 passes..:P

Dude, what the fuck is it with the TFC community being so talented? Seriously; that's some really nice blender art and I have no clue what you are gibbering about. Sounds legit though. This makes me INTENSELY excited for any TFC animations you make. You shod make a YouTube channel just for them and make more than one. Take your time on each one and make quality ones. Have arch help you with the writing too. You could seriously help this mod out, a lot! Especially with Menoch's music in here... *drools*

Dude, what the fuck is it with the TFC community being so talented? Seriously; that's some really nice blender art and I have no clue what you are gibbering about. Sounds legit though. This makes me INTENSELY excited for any TFC animations you make. You shod make a YouTube channel just for them and make more than one. Take your time on each one and make quality ones. Have arch help you with the writing too. You could seriously help this mod out, a lot! Especially with Menoch's music in here... *drools*

Ya achar and Menoch are in a PM with me. And we are working hard at it!

EDIT: Does anyone else have any art?

Double post, but the AWESOME BLACK STEEL ANVIL MAKES UP FOR IT!!

Posted Image

Well, not about the mods but about the forums, but yeah, i'm working on something... hand-drawn, of course :) i'm gonna take a picture and post it here when i'm finished.

Ya achar and Menoch are in a PM with me. And we are working hard at it!

Yeah, sorry I haven't jumped into the discussion there, it's been and is going to be a tough school week, so I won't have time but I will be taking any free time I can manage to write out some story concepts. I also have a passion for concept art, despite my current meager talents with it, so I could be of some help there :P

Also, I have a few things I'm working on art wise for this thread, maybe I'll even write a story to post here. I guess that counts as art, maybe I'll illustrate it as well :)

Yeah, sorry I haven't jumped into the discussion there, it's been and is going to be a tough school week, so I won't have time but I will be taking any free time I can manage to write out some story concepts. I also have a passion for concept art, despite my current meager talents with it, so I could be of some help there :P

Also, I have a few things I'm working on art wise for this thread, maybe I'll even write a story to post here. I guess that counts as art, maybe I'll illustrate it as well :)

A story is defenetely a form of art. :)

this thread was derailed at the OP. Just saying

this thread was derailed at the OP. Just saying

I am still posting art you know. It gets a little derailed, a piece of art brings it back on rail for a few posts, and the cycle begins again. So you are only partially right.

I am still posting art you know. It gets a little derailed, a piece of art brings it back on rail for a few posts, and the cycle begins again. So you are only partially right.

If you think about it in terms of a true/false model, being partially right means he is completely wrong. :)

If you think about it in terms of a true/false model, being partially right means he is completely wrong. :)

True...But people don't really think that often in a true/false model. Good point though. Sorry for late reply lol.

This post derailed a derail. It deserves a medal.

This post derailed a derail. It deserves a medal.

Whaaaaaaaaa.........Anyways,

BLOODY BISMUTH SWORD!!!! (after you massacre those mobs)

Posted Image

Whaaaaaaaaa.........Anyways,

BLOODY BISMUTH SWORD!!!! (after you massacre those mobs)

Posted Image

That looks a lot like a vanilla iron sword ·-·... Still, pretty nice

That looks a lot like a vanilla iron sword ·-·... Still, pretty nice

Well, I used the bismuth sword's texture so....

Well, I used the bismuth sword's texture so....

Incredible! It's the weakest sword and it can still kill someone? Or is this ketchup?

Incredible! It's the weakest sword and it can still kill someone? Or is this ketchup?

It is blood allright you have no idea how long it took for steve to kill that deer. Arterial blood. Look through this convo and you wil;l get why it is a bismuth sword. NVM that was a PM.

But ya. It is part of an advertisment type thing for TFC made in a 3D modelling and animation software. Menoch and Achartran are helping too. Don't want to give away too much 'cause I want it to be a surprise, but let's just say that I will be posting updates of props on here.

It is blood allright you have no idea how long it took for steve to kill that deer. Arterial blood. Look through this convo and you wil;l get why it is a bismuth sword. NVM that was a PM.

But ya. It is part of an advertisment type thing for TFC made in a 3D modelling and animation software. Menoch and Achartran are helping too. Don't want to give away too much 'cause I want it to be a surprise, but let's just say that I will be posting updates of props on here.

Are you going to post the same sword with more blood because today Steve is hungry of deers?

Because today is the KILL THE DEERS DAY, then IDK.