Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PowerBeat

[1.4.2][1.4.4][1.4.5]Forge server mods: Chunk Protection and Chat Filter

14 posts in this topic

[1.4.2][1.4.4][1.4.5] Minecraft

[6.0.1][6.3.0][6.4.0] Forge

Chunk Protection

Players can claim a private chunk where other players can't break or build.

/chunk gives information about the chunk you are standing on.

/chunk claim lets you claim the chunk you are standing on.

/chunk unclaim makes it public again.

/chunk add [player1] [player2] .. adds players that are allowed to build in this chunk.

/chunk remove [player1] [player2] .. will remove players from the list.

/chunk clear clears the list of players that are allowed to build on this chunk.

/chunk info [on|off] switches the displaying of information when crossing chunk borders.

/chunk maxchunks [playername] [max] changes the number of chunks that player can claim.

/chunk playerinfo [playername] tells how many chunks that player can claim and how many are claimed.

/chunk unclaimall [for ops:[playername]]

Make sure the right versions of Forge and Power Tools Shared are installed.

Place the Chunk Protection ".zip" file in the "mods" folder of your Minecraft Forge server.

Changelog

QuickFix: Now protects against water and lava buckets as well.

QuickFix: Maximum players from 1024 to 8192. Maximum chunks from 1024 to 65536.

Variable amount of chunks per player.

/chunk maxchunks [playername] [max] changes the number of chunks that player can claim.

/chunk playerinfo [playername] tells how many chunks that player can claim and how many are claimed.

Added command /chunk unclaimall and for ops /chunk unclaimall [playername]

Chunks will automaticly be unclaimed after 7 days of not being visited by their owner. Can be changed in config file. Set to 0 to disable.

Op's can now claim for other players. Use /chunk claim [playername]

Added config file setting AllPlayersCanClaim=true. Change to false so only op's can claim chunks.

Fixed bug that gave chat spam with more than one player online.

Added config file with setting for maximum amount of chunks players are allowed to claim and

default setting for display of info when crossing chunk borders.

It still has the bug from 0.0.7 that gives chat spam with more than one player online,

but /chunk info off is now default, so you don't see it.

Op's can now add or remove players from chunks and unclaim chunks owned by other players.

Added /chunk info [on|off] command to turn off the info that shows when crossing chunk borders.

'chunkinfo.dat' will now be stored in 'powertools' folder. When upgrading, make a new folder 'powertools'

in the folder the server runs from and move 'chunkinfo.dat' into it.

Fixed bug where chunks couldn't be unclaimed.

Some small changes with colors.

The owner of a chunk can now add a list of players who are allowed to build and break there as well.

Added chat colors.

For the chat filter, use:

/chat normal for the default chat mode.

/chat player [player1] [player2] .. for player mode, chat is sent only to selected players.

/chat remove [player1] [player2] .. to remove players from the list.

/chat clear to remove all players from the list.

Download from: http://powerbeat.org...ft/server_mods/

I appreciate these mods, so few standalone mods of this type given the prevalence of bukkit, I feel so left out of these simple mods that can be accomplished server side but just don't exist outside bukkit for the most part.

I appreciate these mods

Thanks. I just added a config file to set the maximum number of chunks players are allowed to claim.

Haven't tested this with the latest TFCraft.

With this are players allowed to open doors/chests in territories owned by other players?

May I suggest a few feature?

Given a period of inactivity from the player(s) that own the chunk, the protection will wear off. This will prevent players claiming random chunks, abandoning them, and rendering them useless.

Setting multiple chunks at once:

[player standing in chunk a] /setchunk1

[player moving to chunk b] /setchunk2

The game will claim a rectangle of chunks based on the set locations and claim any chunks inside. The claiming will fail if any chunks within are already protected.

Upon successful claim, you will be prompted to use a final command to name the area of claimed chunks:

/region claim <"name in quotes">

To add people to the region, simply use the following command:

/region add <"name of region in quotes"> [player1] [player2] [player3] ... [playerN]

/region remove <"name of region in quotes"> [player1] [player2] [player3] ... [playerN]

/region clear <"name of region in quotes"> - removes ownership of specified region

/region list - will list all regions you own

Viewing chunks graphically:

/viewchunks

This will draw lines at every chunk border with varying color:

Green: You claim this chunk

Blue: Someone else claims this chunk

Yellow: Unclaimed

The chunks drawn over will span an 8x8 chunk radius to prevent lag perhaps?

Are chests protected in the chunk claim? Also, can this be used so only moderators can give you chunks on a server? If so, this is PERFECT! Thank you! :D

Very nice, something I've been looking for, thanks for sharing!

Also, if you're looking for some ideas, I suggest checking out: http://forums.bukkit...4-2-r0-2.19063/ for Bukkit, maybe using some of the ideas there would be useful for ya'.

Sadly it crashes my server, couldn't identify why, just restarted and removed when it happened, might try it out later.

With this are players allowed to open doors/chests in territories owned by other players?

Are chests protected in the chunk claim? Also, can this be used so only moderators can give you chunks on a server? If so, this is PERFECT! Thank you! :D

Doors and chests are protected. At this point there is no way to unlock a door or chest in a protected chunk.

I will add in the future: Op's can claim for other players. + A config option that only op's may claim.

May I suggest a few feature?

Given a period of inactivity from the player(s) that own the chunk, the protection will wear off. This will prevent players claiming random chunks, abandoning them, and rendering them useless.

Setting multiple chunks at once:

[player standing in chunk a] /setchunk1

[player moving to chunk b] /setchunk2

The game will claim a rectangle of chunks based on the set locations and claim any chunks inside. The claiming will fail if any chunks within are already protected.

Upon successful claim, you will be prompted to use a final command to name the area of claimed chunks:

/region claim <"name in quotes">

To add people to the region, simply use the following command:

/region add <"name of region in quotes"> [player1] [player2] [player3] ... [playerN]

/region remove <"name of region in quotes"> [player1] [player2] [player3] ... [playerN]

/region clear <"name of region in quotes"> - removes ownership of specified region

/region list - will list all regions you own

Viewing chunks graphically:

/viewchunks

This will draw lines at every chunk border with varying color:

Green: You claim this chunk

Blue: Someone else claims this chunk

Yellow: Unclaimed

The chunks drawn over will span an 8x8 chunk radius to prevent lag perhaps?

Thanks. The inactivity wear off, I added to my plans list. The rest I will look into.

Very nice, something I've been looking for, thanks for sharing!

Also, if you're looking for some ideas, I suggest checking out: http://forums.bukkit...4-2-r0-2.19063/ for Bukkit, maybe using some of the ideas there would be useful for ya'.

Thank you. I made this, because I missed some of Factions functionality when playing Forge Mods.

Sadly it crashes my server, couldn't identify why, just restarted and removed when it happened, might try it out later.

I will test this with the latest TFC soon, but see no reason why this wouldn't work. If you can't get it to work, I would appreciate a crash log.

Can this be used so only moderators can give you chunks on a server?

Now available in version 0.1

I tested PowerTools-ChunkProtection-0.1 with

[1.4.5]Minecraft

[395]Forge

[1.2]Player API

[69]TerraFirmaCraft

[11.9]SmartMoving

[3.2.05]ReiMinimap

without any problems.

There are seperate downloads of my mods for Minecraft 1.4.2 and 1.4.5 (works on 1.4.4).

Now available in version 0.1

Yeah, maybe he knows it, because...look the date of the post :)

Yeah, maybe he knows it, because...look the date of the post :)/>

Waaa?

Sweet powerbeat. Great mod!

Does this actually work with TFC? (-edit I see that Powerbeat tested) can anyone confirm? Maybe a bit of insight on how it functions in terms of claims availability, max number of claims (configurable?), and some answers to the questions above on chest and door protection? If this covers those bases, and I wouldnt have to worry about chunk claim spamming, I could have a use for it.

Does this actually work with TFC? (-edit I see that Powerbeat tested) can anyone confirm? Maybe a bit of insight on how it functions in terms of claims availability, max number of claims (configurable?), and some answers to the questions above on chest and door protection? If this covers those bases, and I wouldnt have to worry about chunk claim spamming, I could have a use for it.

I have it on my server, its running.

I use fihgu's permissions to limit the chunk commands players can use.

The number of claimable chunks each player can claim is configurable per player in game. Default is 4 chunks.

Players can add and remove others from their own, per chunk, protection lists.

A owner must visit the chunk 1 tome per week (but that's configurable) to keep the claim/protection.

I have not done a ton of testing yet, but it seems to work as intended.

I'm letting players "buy" land grants with offerings of fine gems stones and ingots of precious metals.