Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
LordOfWolves

[Request] Sphax texture pack

107 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this would be cool?

• And you ask me as well?
    • Yes, cool enough.
    • I don't mind.
    • No, I dislike it.
    • What is that? A texture pack? No, I hate it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

Oh and guys, I'll probably tweet about this more regularly than I'll post here so follow me @EnDabuwya to keep up with the updates. Or you could keep up with me on my Facebook page.

Oh and guys, I'll probably tweet about this more regularly than I'll post here so follow me @EnDabuwya to keep up with the updates. Or you could keep up with me on my Facebook page.

You have our support in this project!

Any progress on this yet? I've never done a texture pack before but I'm pretty good with AI and PS so if I can help I'll try! Just let me know what you want me to look at!

Hello to everyone, i take the old format textures and adapt it to the new.

i change only "few things", the dirt and the rocks. Much remains to be done, I hope others will join.

here the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?6eg8aapdg789xg5

pd:I try to subscribe to sphax but I do not have confirmation yet.

Great stuff! I've been digging around with this also so I'll have a look at what you have already. How do you find performance using 128x? For me everything above 32 seems to lag out??

anything still going on with this? very intruiged to see how this turns out.

Sorry about the inactivity guys, I kind of forgot about it for a bit and am currently having Photoshop issues. I've done a bit (128x), I should be back up and running in the next few days and I'll have a beta release out in a week, promise.

I've actually got a working version of Sphax 64 up and running with TFC included in it. Basically most of the folks on my private server use Sphax and we're tired of swapping back and forth from H3D to Sphax when we switch games.

I'm still working on it, and I'll be honest, it's mostly recoloring, because I'm just not good at creating textures, we use it and I've gotten some good feedback. Our server admin is helping me out building custom art for things like anvils, scythes, and the crops that can't be cobbled together/recolored from other pre-existing Sphax textures, but so far I've recolored all the dirts, trees, wood, ore, seeds, most of the food and rocks. I'm working on getting the tools finished up and getting those custom sprites finished and colored.

I don't know if anyone has any interest since it's not a true remake for the most part, just basically taking Sphax textures and then following the color schemes for TFC (I made all the clay and all the sand the same color because personally I hate all the multicolored dirt/sand/clay, but someone could certainly recolor those themselves if they wanted.) I can link it up if anyone has interest. I'm not sure the protocol. Should I be posting screenshots?

Feycats images look great, but is there a download link anywhere? would love to try it out!

Awesome, Thanks!, i've avoided purebd for a really long time. not wanting the cartoony style, instead prefering the realistic packs. But it has been growing on me more and more :D and loving the work you have been doing on this, my world looks pretty damn.....pretty now :D

@FeyCat great stuff! have you done anymore work mon this since you last posted. I'd love to have a crack at some of the missing stuff if you don't mind but I didn't want to re-work anythign you might have alreday finished.

Let me know if it's cool and great stuff!

It's been a long time since I last posted here, but all this support is amazing!

EDIT: How can this topic just have 2 pages and be marked as "Hot" :D?

Would it be possible for a 32-64x version, I like sphax but 128x+ causes significant performance issues for me.

Hi there everyone, recently started playing TFC build 77 with a couple friends after stumbling across Spumwack's series on youtube.Was just wondering, due to an unhealthy obsession with Sphax (seriously, it's like I can barely play without it) if any further work had been going on with this idea?

Cyrus

Would it be possible for a 32-64x version, I like sphax but 128x+ causes significant performance issues for me.

I somehow don't think you'll be looking at this after... 7 months... but in just in case, you can download GIMP and scale the images down yourself.  It's really easy, just open each image, go to image -> scale image and enter whatever size you want.  Interpolation will cause some problems, but it should be good enough to play with.

http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-wip/terrafirmacraft-t1255.html There's this. I've been working on a morph of my own that was on the previous page, but it's still mostly tinkering.

I'm using this one and it's pretty good as far as I can tell (although too many of the wood log textures are the same/similar). There are some problems with the cooking and metal transfer backgrounds (I.e. the background doesn't match the slots spacing) but otherwise it works for me.

i just started a new thread with a texture pack that is Sphax style, check it out HERE