Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
jale shadowhunter

Hello! im new too TF craft

122 posts in this topic

and was wondering if anyones got some adivse ive been playing on a mutiplayer server for a couple of days and they have been very freindly but my main question would be is there a decent texture pack 32x32 that would make eatch ore look alittle diffrant ty for andswering also this is my first post as well and i wasnt shure were too put it but again if anyones got some advice it would be nice

:P also hopefully everyone is fine and dandy

Check out the texture pack board.

There are a few good packs there as well as some promising WIPs

and was wondering if anyones got some adivse ive been playing on a mutiplayer server for a couple of days and they have been very freindly but my main question would be is there a decent texture pack 32x32 that would make eatch ore look alittle diffrant ty for andswering also this is my first post as well and i wasnt shure were too put it but again if anyones got some advice it would be nice

I would advice you to use commas

EstebanLB yes i know my grammer is terable everyone tells me this even in alot of my steam groups :P i just dont do it becouse.... well mainly i didnt really understand grammer stuff in school is the best way too put it with out telling my life storie and im pretty shure noone wants too hear that lol

Goddammit. English is not your native language or what?

Goddammit. English is not your native language or what?

yes english is my native language i just wasnt very good at grammer in school but in my personal opinion u shouldnt judge someone just becouse they type wrong on the internet u never know i could be a genius in real life lol very unlikely though :)

u shouldnt judge someone just becouse they type wrong on the internet u never know i could be a genius in real life lol very unlikely though :)

I disagree if it's a native english speaker we're talking about. I tend not to correct people whose mother tongue isn't English, but I think it's sad if someone who grows up learning the English language can't master it, which is by the way, one of the easiest of languages out there.

u shouldnt judge someone just becouse they type wrong on the internet

Well, you will judge someone in real life just because they turned up wearing inside out smelly clothes covered in mud, would you?

I disagree if it's a native english speaker we're talking about. I tend not to correct people whose mother tongue isn't English, but I think it's sad if someone who grows up learning the English language can't master it, which is by the way, one of the easiest of languages out there.

No, that way you offend him. It's not a good thing to do. I don't judge here. Never! And be awesome and nice with the others. I mean, help them instead of judging :) ok?

No, that way you offend him. It's not a good thing to do. I don't judge here. Never! And be awesome and nice with the others. I mean, help them instead of judging :) ok?

Oh, I didn't mean to offend, let me rephrase that; I automatically don't take people with bad grammar seriously, and I find it strange that native English speakers can't use proper grammar when there are foreign people out there who speak English flawlessly. Maybe that still is judging, but I think it's the same thing like when someone makes a TFC suggestion containing 3 words. Once again, sorry if I offended anyone.

EDIT: grammar* >.<

Maybe this is the thing from Russian language, but I think if you decided to help, you've already judged.

Oh, I didn't mean to offend,

Yeah, I know. :)

Maybe this is the thing from Russian language, but I think if you decided to help, you've already judged.

But helping doesn't make the person feel bad. And you help only if he wants.

Grammar isn't that hard to learn. I can understand if you're younger, but spelling, for god sakes! Pretty much any internet browser these days has spell-check! If a word has a red underline under it, FIX IT! Lol

To convince someone to improve is to show him his position on the matter, then point out expected value, negative and positive directions. Now offence has little to do with it as offence is emerged from tone of pointing out, not from the fact that... err... something has been pointed out.

yes english is my native language i just wasnt very good at grammer in school but in my personal opinion u shouldnt judge someone just becouse they type wrong on the internet u never know i could be a genius in real life lol very unlikely though :)

Duuuuuuuuuuunk, Duuuuuuunk! where is Dunk when someone needs him? Please teach him english!

Duuuuuuuuuuunk, Duuuuuuunk! where is Dunk when someone needs him? Please teach him english!

Ah we need Dunk. He's the best english teacher in the world!

I would advice you to use commas

Commas? That is just the start

Ah we need Dunk. He's the best english teacher of the world!

I think that it is "in the world", but hey, english is not OUR native language.

I think that it is "in the world", but hey, english is not OUR native language.

Fixed.

"and was wondering if anyone had some advice. I've been playing on a multiplayer server for a couple of days and they have been very friendly, but now I would like a 32x texture pack that would make each ore more distinguishable. Thank you for your consideration. :)

PS, dunk is awesome :)"

I took the liberty of rewriting your OP for you :)

"and was wondering if anyone had some advice. I've been playing on a multiplayer server for a couple of days and they have been very friendly, but now I would like a 32x texture pack that would make each ore more distinguishable. Thank you for your consideration. :)

*advise

:)

You don't need to say this, everyone knows.

Wow, now it doesn't hurt my eyes!!!

Honestly, if someone spoke poorly enough that I couldn't understand them on my server I likely wouldn't be very friendly, I would assume they were not a native speaker, and wouldn't judge for it, but I wouldn't try to work to hard on deciphering it.

Language is for communication, if you can't communicate in your native language I think it would be best to learn how before getting upset with people not being very helpful.

Basically I shouldn't have to put more thought into figuring out what you're saying than you when you said it.