Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
jale shadowhunter

Hello! im new too TF craft

122 posts in this topic

I disagree if it's a native english speaker we're talking about. I tend not to correct people whose mother tongue isn't English, but I think it's sad if someone who grows up learning the English language can't master it, which is by the way, one of the easiest of languages out there.

well im sorry u feel that way and also truthfully it doesnt really bother me ether beacouse i know i cant change how u feel also yes i didnt master it and there was a reason but like i said i dont want too go into my whole life story lol and

Honestly, if someone spoke poorly enough that I couldn't understand them on my server I likely wouldn't be very friendly, I would assume they were not a native speaker, and wouldn't judge for it, but I wouldn't try to work to hard on deciphering it.

Language is for communication, if you can't communicate in your native language I think it would be best to learn how before getting upset with people not being very helpful.

Basically I shouldn't have to put more thought into figuring out what you're saying than you when you said it.

well here is a big helper USE A MIC it helps out a hell of a lot for communicating lol

It's really about respect, if you respect an individual you will try to communicate with them as equals, if you do not, if you think it's more important for you to talk than to communicate, well... I guess that's slightly unique, but you can't expect people to try to communicate back unless you meet them halfway.

If you are capable of communicating properly but for some reason don't it's really just a sign of disrespect to everyone you 'communicate' with.

If you simply can't be arsed to communicate your words, nobody should be expected to go through the extra steps to make sense of your words for you.

Take 20 seconds out to review what you say, if it's what you meant fine, otherwise fix it.

"and was wondering if anyone had some advice. I've been playing on a multiplayer server for a couple of days and they have been very friendly, but now I would like a 32x texture pack that would make each ore more distinguishable. Thank you for your consideration. :)

PS, dunk is awesome :)"

I took the liberty of rewriting your OP for you :)

HAHAHAHAAA! Oh man you are too much, Dunk!

Jale Shadowhunter. Welcome to the TFC Forums, and welcome to the wonderful world that is Terrafirmacraft. May your stay be fun, and full of grammar!

i dont see excatly how that is disrespect its not like my grammerr is unreadable i make little typeing errors or like someone said i dont put commas alot of the time or periods also im pretty sure ima go back too tekkit i came here thinking i would get away from the stupid crap of pplz being judgemental and what not i can have the same thing in tekkit but i have other i know and have spent time with and i know wont judge me becouse of little typeing errors

THIS PEOPLE IS HOW U LOSS NEW MEMBERS TOO UR COMUNTIY

well ty but im not staying i dont feel very welcome here so ima go back too tekkit

Wow... that's so sad. We always are harsh to newbies, but you know, we may have been too hard with this one. You know what? i will go and find some image that express how much we care about you leaving.

EDIT: found it

Posted Image

There you have a parade, all for you.

Nice one guys!!! you just made mincemeat out of this rookie!!! Power of TFC... So who gets the blood and who was making that throne of bones...

You know how to communicate, you don't because you think it's OK for us to spend more time figuring out what you're saying than the time you put into it.

you're not incapable in any way, time isn't running out, you can take your time to make proper sentences and communicate better, then you can be upset about people not giving you the time of day, if you actually try first, but if you're not going to give us the courtesy of communicating it's not our fault we'd be exasperated.

If you took your time and still had troubles we would absolutely be jackasses but as it is you're upset when others don't understand you when you're not really trying to be understood.

So who gets the blood

MINE! *Places the blood in his barrels and leaves*

*advise

:)

advice*

Do I REALLY need to say it? You corrected a correct word into an error.

You know how to communicate, you don't because you think it's OK for us to spend more time figuring out what you're saying than the time you put into it.

you're not incapable in any way, time isn't running out, you can take your time to make proper sentences and communicate better, then you can be upset about people not giving you the time of day, if you actually try first, but if you're not going to give us the courtesy of communicating it's not our fault we'd be exasperated.

If you took your time and still had troubles we would absolutely be jackasses but as it is you're upset when others don't understand you when you're not really trying to be understood.

Renadi, where are you from? you should update your location if you can.

i dont see excatly how that is disrespect its not like my grammerr is unreadable i make little typeing errors or like someone said i dont put commas alot of the time or periods also im pretty sure ima go back too tekkit i came here thinking i would get away from the stupid crap of pplz being judgemental and what not i can have the same thing in tekkit but i have other i know and have spent time with and i know wont judge me becouse of little typeing errors

THIS PEOPLE IS HOW U LOSS NEW MEMBERS TOO UR COMUNTIY

You see, what you're doing here is showing disrespect to people which would meet pretty universal reaction from any group out there. I have already compared you to real life situation, and it's not like you can't change - you don't want to. Autospellcheckers aren't rare things either, if you can't be arsed to learn grammar yourself.

I am Russian, as you can see, so it's supposedly more difficult for me than for you.

EDIT:

Nice one guys!!! you just made mincemeat out of this rookie!!! Power of TFC... So who gets the blood and who was making that throne of bones...

I will ask for three cuspids in case my strange mood happens early this month.

I am Russian, as you can see, so it's supposedly more difficult for me than for you.

And i'm argentinian (or Argis, as some people apparently say :) , and most people of my age don't give a f+ck about english, so it should be even more difficult for me :|

So yeah, let's stop discussing how this guy should be better at english than a lot of people here and regardless he sucks at it.

I admit I'm curious about the life story that leads to such a situation, but I'm afraid of the physical pain involved in trying to read it.

And i'm argentinian (or Argis, as some people apparently say :) , and most people of my age don't give a f+ck about english, so it should be even more difficult for me :|

So yeah, let's stop discussing how this guy should be better at english than a lot of people here and regardless he sucks at it.

Let's get back to nationality, I'm brazilian, we have women and samba!

Edit: Brazilian, don't know why the Z it should be S

i make little typeing errors

Yeah, little... like every 2 or 3 words.

Guys, I'm pretty sure this person was trolling and came here to get a kick out of us. That or he's a 10 year old kid.

Let's get back to nationality, I'm brazilian, we have women and samba!

Edit: Brazilian, don't know why the Z it should be S

That's because Brasil in english is Brazil. And that is, at the same time, (i guess) because of the english pronunciation (or something like that).

I'm argentinian, we ALSO have womens (in fact most of the south americans countries can be proud of that same thing :P), a decent beer, a good variety of climates, tango and a lot of turistic centers.

This was a message from Argentina's national tourism secretary. Thanks for your time.

Guys, I'm pretty sure this person was trolling and came here to get a kick out of us. That or he's a 10 year old kid.

From his knowledge, writing and social abilities, i would say he was around 7 years old, 8 at most.

Either that, or a terrible troll which gave us hours of potential fun instead of making us mad. So yeah, a complete fail in both cases.

Well, um...

Up here in Minnesota we've got... uh

We've... well, we also have women!

Well, um...

Up here in Minnesota we've got... uh

We've... well, we also have women!

Yeah... now that i think about it, is there any country that has no womans to be proud of at all? : it's really like saying "we have a flag!", everyone has one, being proud of yours is just nacionalism.

Yeah... now that i think about it, is there any country that has no womans to be proud of at all? : it's really like saying "we have a flag!", everyone has one, being proud of yours is just nacionalism.

I bet there is...

I bet there is...

Well, technically there is, i think... Officially, The Vatican is a state separated from Italy, you know? and there is really not that much womans living in there... so yeah :

*advise

:)

No, he was right; "advice" is perfectly fine there, but it depends on your country. In Canada, if it is a noun, then 'c' and if verb then 's'. You license someone to drive, but you get a driver's licence.

*continues to read the thread, then edits...*

I see this was pointed out but I'll leave this post up because it explains it more.

My thoughts on the rookie leaving... I think I'm in the consensus too. If a person has no particular disability rendering them unable to perceive or learn proper grammar (ie. dyslexia - which this guy clearly didn't have), then they're just being lazy. I don't think anybody should have to waste their time trying to decipher some rookie's cryptic message just because they feel like typing everything out as if it were a tweet. A few spelling errors or misplaced words... whatever, that happens to all of us. But that guy was just being a self-righteous douche imo.

Hmmm... how we get to "hi, Im new..." to where we live... these tracks make me dizzy. Anyways Im from westcoast Finland, land of lakes, snow(still waiting, but we have ice) and santa :)