Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Vlad

Rail prices are TOO DAMN HIGH!!

72 posts in this topic

You can try "Wurm Online" (Notch worked on it before minecraft), really interesting MMO, involves collecting resources, crafting, building and has a very solid system with weight limitation.

I've heard a bunch about Wurm online but haven't actually gotten to the point of checking it out.

i will now.

on youtube.

I've heard a bunch about Wurm online but haven't actually gotten to the point of checking it out.

i will now.

on youtube.

I can say that this game is long.. lot longer then TFC, so it will be really hard to taste it from a video.

Would be nice if horses were also possible to ride with a saddle possibly without the direct need for a wagon unless you are transporting a few doublechests worth of materials.

Would be nice if horses were also possible to ride with a saddle possibly without the direct need for a wagon unless you are transporting a few doublechests worth of materials.

that is what dunk said when I was suggesting the carts, http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/2455-traveling-cart/

Horses are in TFC's future, which will probably include saddlebags of some sort.

fuck railways. horse carts are inbound, working with avi on horses atm (avi is creator of simply horses)

You've brought this on yourselves guys, inventory = slowed movement speed

Horsecarts will be able to move large amounts of items at ~walking speed, but can only go up cliffs of 1/5 of a block. Get ready to chisel yourself some stone roads. (They are also slowed considerably by sand/dirt/gravel)

Oouh dam. How did I missed that? Sounds lovely, actually.

But you will need to fix some of the issues with non-halfslab-equivalent block, as they are quite twitchy at the moment - as you go up from 2/10 block to 3/10 of 4/10 block, character twitches to about halfblock height and immediately jumps back to appropriate height. This can be fine with carts, but it will make pedestrians very annoyed.

RACE CARTS! I can see races with carts that are fast but have no internal spacing.

That, and time to play merchant!

Handcarts would be nice for those who haven't tamed horses yet, or have an excess of slave labor.

Handcarts would be nice for those who haven't tamed horses yet, or have an excess of slave labor.

then tame horses faster. No pussy hand carts for you.

How about a regular inventory hand cart then? Ocelots don't seem to spawn in my world.

How about a regular inventory hand cart then? Ocelots don't seem to spawn in my world.

why would I want to give you ocelots?

why would I want to give you ocelots?

To scare away creepers of course.

no ocelots for you. Cats are being reimplemented differently later, (creepers won't be scared of them, but they will still be quite useful) and I'd rather not put the vanilla ones in now and then overhaul them later.

Well, we are apparently getting rats so....

Is this our very first spambot?

We're finally moving up in the world guys, the spambots have noticed us!

Nope I had to deal with over 300 posts once until I installed something to block spammers and this is the first time I've seen once since that day.

Nope I had to deal with over 300 posts once until I installed something to block spammers and this is the first time I've seen once since that day.

o.O What happened..?

I came across another bot post a few days ago, don't remember which thread. Might've been an old one.

wtb: railroad rehaul, personally i have installed around 12km of rail on the Roanoke server.

I used to think that making rails cheaper was a good idea, but then I realized that it actually wasn't; Rails should be an expensive thing that is only practical in multiplayer.

That being said, I do think that we should be able to make rails out of lower-tier metals, as we are only putting more lightweight carts on them, not trains or anything along those lines.

I propose being able to use T0 metals, but needing to work them into a "rail" part before crafting, with the rail part's quality determining the resistance that that particular piece of track gives on the cart. Using iron in place of T0 rails would create less resistance on the cart, making them better for long-distance rails, while T0 rails would be fine for shorter distances.

Carving rails into stone would also be nice, but should give a lot of resistance. If connecting minecarts together is ever added, using a powered cart would be a great way to pull cart trains up stone ramps.