Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
renadi

CLOSED -Carpe Aurum- [Extra Firma] [Archimedes' Ships] [Carpenter's Blocks] [Smart Moving]

581 posts in this topic

The main reason i want reset is so we dont have to go far away to find caves 

yeah, there are more than just six people who play.

also, i spent actual weeks on that fortress... if it's gone, fine but i'm not really interested in starting over.  i'm just saying how i feel.  i'm not arguing or trying to get anyone to do anything.  if my fortress is gone then i'm gonna go find something else to do.

And if you want my frank opinion, the folks pushing for a reset are the ones who didn't contribute anything tangible to the server.  Those are the kind of folks I think the server could do without.  If you spent hours/days/weeks carving a work of art you wouldn't cast it aside so easily.  But you didn't.  You rode someone else's coat tails, leeched their resources and then stole what they worked hard for.  Your opinion is less than worthless in my view.

Your getting what u want he is rolling back he said calm down

Ok for one i have never stole and i have worked my ass off minign i dont know what the fuck your talking about ok plus if your going to say that shit to others on teh server your the type that should not be on. Theres no point on starting shit because peopel want a reset and others want a rollback this is not a war calm your shit down man

And if you want my frank opinion, the folks pushing for a reset are the ones who didn't contribute anything tangible to the server.  Those are the kind of folks I think the server could do without.  If you spent hours/days/weeks carving a work of art you wouldn't cast it aside so easily.  But you didn't.  You rode someone else's coat tails, leeched their resources and then stole what they worked hard for.  Your opinion is less than worthless in my view.

Either way i've wasted a few days, and for me its a fresh start all the same. But it's not my reason for reset, just tell me why do you think the rollback will help? mb only if we stay on hf 10, but i don't think all go well on hf11...

As someone whose playtime is limited due to real life. All I want is the server to be up and running. My entire day has been been fight mob to try and find enough copper for my first tools which I just got before the server crashed. Now I understand that is nothing compared to a big build, but to say someones opinion is worthless is not very productive and  is implying to me that your feel as if your are better than us who do not have the ability or time to build a work of art.  

Angel and Koljan, I owe you an apology.  I was wrong to speak so generically.

Both reset and rollback to the 26th sound terrible  :(  I only start playing 5-7 days ago ish so it'll take from from the red age back to copper. A more recent backup would certainly be preferable.

Those that are calling for a reset are specifically those that have just left one place and are starting out afresh, so it wouldn't affect them nearly as much.

Fingers crossed.

Frankly I'd prefer a rollback despite the severe losses.  Renadi - do you do save/backups at each restart?

Im guessing the roll back is not working because when the server somes up im just floating in lava 

Okay, what just happened? I see requests for reset/rollback. I'd go for rollback given the effort we've put into our town. And I assume this has something to do with why when I started the game just now, I spawned in lava and lost everything?

yup im thinking when the server did its restart it changed to vanilla and not HF11 and it destroyed everything and i think we are going back to Aug. 26

I just say reset, even though we worked hard on our town and made some recent advances i would rather be able to actually play on the server seeing as anytime i join i just die

I know I just left a town on a server do to differences in the way we wanted to play. This does not mean I leached off of them or stole from them. I worked just as hard to find the ores and things to get where we got. As for my base. We have been working hard trying to get it set up and working. Trying to get back to where we were in the town. So I have worked just as hard as you guys. And if every thing we have done in the past 5 days is gone either in the town or out I think that its been a waste and we should reset the map. We are being effected just as much as you guys are.

And as his partner thats what i would have to say also 

Alternatively, if rolling back is not an option, a full reset would have it's benefits.  Hopefully, we would have /spawn and respawn in the same location, and not have two servers separated by 29,000 meters again.  Keeping the map smaller would benefit the server as a whole in performance as well I would assume.  Just a thought.  

I have worked very hard on my fledgling city, and I know there are several others who have too, so I know the loss would be relatively tremendous. 

Also maybe at teh start some of could work together and get to know others

Yeah, I also saw Vilhjalmur's remains, it was just a large crater with lava at the very bottom. We definitely need to reset and group together until we all can break apart like last time, unless everyone likes seeing the landless ruins of their past achievements...

you guys have completely blown up this posting XD wich is fine but my email is also exploding in terrafirmacraft stuffs :) nice to know people still care about the server

if you dont know who i am i was the admin for a while untill my own servers required me to take place in them. i believe renadi still has me as an admin and if the server has issues i may be able to fix them unless its a huge update that breaks everything then we may have to deal with the update and new map. i was the owner and helper of a lot of stuff from Fortheart, and snowfall. if it is still there i stoped caring after all my hard work was stolen from my land. 

if renadi calls upon me i may help with certain things but i may not have internet for a few days due to moving and internet being reconnected. sorry if this is an issue.

Well, if we do have to reset, let's please do so in an orderly, coordinated fashion. I definitely agree that the moving spawn is problematic when it separates town by 30k+ of blocks. If we have to restart, we have to restart. I'm still on for playing.