Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Crysyn

Only help if you can be helpful

Hey All, A topic has come up of late in the IRC channel in regards to the general feel of the forums and the community that supports them. Things have progressed further than I would have liked with out this being addressed more publicly because I would much rather have snubbed this out sooner rather than later.. but I have been busy. Here is the general rule I would like people to follow: Wheaton's Law "Don't be a dick." Those of you from the IRC channel know that this is the only rule I ask people in there to follow and we generally have a good and lively time chatting about all manner of things. This is basic rule that just about everyone understands and I am going to expand it to the forums from here moving forward. If you can not help people in a helpful and polite manner then I simply ask you to stop. Now I generally take a back seat to moderating the forums as I like to participate in the suggestions forum fairly heavily at times and would rather do so as a forums user than a moderator. But I am also fairly well known for being the person who constantly puts their foot down and so I am stepping up and doing so on here. If you find yourself unable to respond to a message politely then I ask that you do not respond. This mostly focuses on the increasing level of hostility found within the Suggestion forum as well as the Server forum. I do not care if this is the 30th some odd time you have seen someone make the same suggestion. Or even if the new post on an older topic is one entry above the old one. I expect the members of this forum to respond politely to the user, new or old, and point to the older topic if it applies and even go the extra step to suggest they either add in new information or to summarize the outcome of the previous discussion based upon the new post's entry into it. That is what we are here for, that is why I close most topics instead of deleting them, so that they can be found and referenced down the road. The next topic is the slew of derailment attempts I have seen as of late. If you want to have fun and joke around that is what the off topic forum is for and pretty much anything goes there. I do not expect to read a suggestion thread and have to go through 3 pages of image memes people have shot back and forth. Quite simply this is a waste of my time to read and then have to clean up. Now for the summary. I am going to start taking a more active role, especially in policing the suggestion forum, and handing out warn levels to people whom I see doing this. These will be indiscriminate and applied not to just the first person who derails or is impolite on a topic or response, but to everyone whom follows the lead of that person. As I do not like doing things with out giving you all warning this post shall serve as that warning. If you have a desire to bring this topic up with me then I invite you to do so on the IRC channel. Lets raise the level of quality and grow the community. Let us not descend into the quality often found on the minecraft or league of legend forums. There is simply no need for that here. Be passionate about things, just do not be abusive.
    • Kittychanley

Offline Servers

Recently I've seen a few server listings showing up on the first page of the Servers forum that have been closed for an extended period of time, but have recently gotten a reply from a new member who didn't realize the server is offline. To help prevent this from happening in the future, it would be greatly appreciated if you could use the report function on the original post of any servers that have been confirmed as offline, so that the topic may be locked. If you are the admin of a server and plan on taking the server offline, please use the report function on the original post of your topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be locked. If you are the admin of a server that has a locked topic, and would wish to bring the server back online, please use the report function on the original post of the topic to let the TFC Staff know that the topic should be unlocked. As always, please remember to follow rule #3 of the servers forum and update your topic title to contain the version of TFC that the server is currently running. You can do so by editing the OP, and then clicking on "Use Full Editor."
yubyub96

JohnSmith version 0.8 b75

56 posts in this topic

thank you...

i found some wired looking zombies.. i think the texture is upside down in the pack ^^

the table for creating the plans have the vanilla Texture and white wool, light gray wool are same as before...

are there enchantments in TFC? if so the enchanted Books are not updated atm there is a info on the icons in NEI "update your Pack"

i hope this helps to make the pack better ...

You are so awesome for giving us this texture pack. :)

I use Jamziboy's JS Edit for all things Minecraft, and am very, very grateful that that can apply to Terrafirmacraft as well (at least, a very similar pack with those thatch textures I love so much :D. I just wish that getting lime green wool didn't require an epic quest to the equator, but this is TFC, so I'll deal with it. :P)

Anyways, great work, keep it up. I'll keep downloading it every update. Even though my SSP world Is actually stil b72. :)

[Loosely related question: is the only way to get wool from sheep without killing them making wrought iron shears? Or is there an alternate method I'm not aware of? Also, breeding, I forget how it works in TFC, could someone remind me? Thanks in advance if you decide to answer these questions. If you didn't that's ok too, I don't want this thread to get derailed.]

You are so awesome for giving us this texture pack. :)

I use Jamziboy's JS Edit for all things Minecraft, and am very, very grateful that that can apply to Terrafirmacraft as well (at least, a very similar pack with those thatch textures I love so much :D. I just wish that getting lime green wool didn't require an epic quest to the equator, but this is TFC, so I'll deal with it. :P)

Anyways, great work, keep it up. I'll keep downloading it every update. Even though my SSP world Is actually stil b72. :)

[Loosely related question: is the only way to get wool from sheep without killing them making wrought iron shears? Or is there an alternate method I'm not aware of? Also, breeding, I forget how it works in TFC, could someone remind me? Thanks in advance if you decide to answer these questions. If you didn't that's ok too, I don't want this thread to get derailed.]

Thanks for the comment, im glad you like my work.

About the sheep, i dont know of any other method, and i think there isnt any other.And about breeding, i dont know how it works. You can make a topic in the support section about it.

Just release the new version 0.6

change log

Version 0.6

Made several new tool textures

-tin saw

-almost all tin tools

-copper tools

-stone tools

Remade some stones

-basalt is darker

-new(better) igneous cobble

Right now im gonna focus on making the tools,but i want to know if you would prefer if i make the lower tiers first, or the higher tiers first.

Hi yubyub96,

thanks for v0.6 but i found some texture-bugs ^^ take a look in the spoiler..

cheers

Posted Image

Hi yubyub96,

cheers

Posted Image

Heh, bet that thing scared the bageezes outta yah!

Hi yubyub96,

cheers

Posted Image

Well thanks for telling me of such problems, i will fix them as soon as posible.

And about the zombie texture, i have the same problem sometimes, dont know what causes it, i will look on how to solve it, but if anyone has the answer to the problem plz tell me.

Just release verion 0.7

it just fixes some bugs with tools and remade some tools to look better, only new thing are the saws, they are all done.

Hi yubyub96,

resize the zombie6.png or delete it and the zombies are normal again...

Textures Zombie1-5 are 128x64 and Zombie6 have 256x128

Do you think you could add some updated screen shots? I don't have a computer ATM and I would love to see the progress you have made :)

Hi yubyub,

Will you ever update your TP for the last TFC version ?

Your TP miss me !!!!

Am I the only one experiencing missing gravel textures and the zombies faces are on their legs?

Hello, anyone that reads this

I'm working on converting this texturepack to the newest version of TFC, mainly for personal use after wanting to play again. Alot of new textures and animations are missing though and GUI changes

Since the last post here was in July last year im guessing not many people are interested in this pack, but just wanted to say if anyone else wanted it when its done or would like to help with new textures. :-) .

Great news . can´t wait to play again with this texturepack again :-)

Glade some people are still interested in this pack :). Just have plants and crops to convert then some testing to do.

Be aware though ALOT of textures are missing and for my personal pack I'm going to add in textures from blockheads-TFC pack. These additions wont be added into the updated pack that I'm going to post here unless I get permission from the blockheads-TFC creators.

Alright, here it is...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz1y0cf1na8x2on/Johnsmith%20for%20TFCraft%20%28Coverted%29.zip

Credit:

Original TFC pack add-on creator (yubyub96)  

John Smith texture additions (Johnsmith Legacy Resource Pack- version 1.7.8, can be found at http://www.jimstonecraft.co.uk/john_smith_legacy.php)

NOTE:

*This is just a conversion of the old pack version.. Also, the vanilla version of John Smith Legacy Texture Pack is a place holder for default

minecraft textures, no new textures have been added by me.

*All old TFC Gui's are broken and so they are in a folder marked 'OldGui' in the respective folder.

*All old texture sheets are located in a folder marked OldTextureSheets.

*Texture pack credit and changes can be found in 2 txt files in the pack.

*I am not taking responsibility in updating this pack any further other than this conversion, the rest is up to the community.

Enjoy :)

If mr grim's pack isn't working for anyone, just open up the zip and take out the folder inside.

EDIT: i've made up a version that fixes this; and put in vanilla John Smith acacia textures for TFC ones.  will upload later. 

here it is

Im working on some of the new GUIs. Not even gonna try that anvil one. im not that pro at editing  :lol:

Thx for continuing this TP, i'm very grateful, cause it missed me sooooo much :D

Great to hear others enjoy this TP, Felys :) .

Although im not continuing the pack myself (I is art noob) hopefully having it converted to the new resourcepack format will get the community to updated it again.

Thanks so much for this <33. Can't you update the link on your first post, so people don't get confused with MC not recognizing the old TP file? It confused me at least