Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
killster550

Horse Cart and pole drag

147 posts in this topic

Dunk, are the horse models going to be based off of Avii's, Mo'Creature's ugly ass donkey-horses or made completely from scratch?

Wars aren't always on resources. What about religious wars?

Edit: Not in TFC, obviously.

Believers are resources in a way.

war, is ALWAYS about something someone else wants, do you believe the crusades were because they were infidels/nonchristians? naah, the saracens just had a shitton of valuables, and they wanted more, and we christians wanted their wealth. same with every single war, theres always a material reason (hence why we arent helping syria, but we did help libia)

anyway, back to topic,

I'm really looking forward to this and a naval vessel with storage to be implemented. Theres a lot more travel required in this mod and the implementation of these things is going to drastically change how the world shrinks as your technology improves, just like how airplanes have helped bring the world together by allowing faster and more efficient travel.

i've made a naval suggestions topic on this, perhaps read that if you havent yet, and yes, im sure many among us want a high capacity travelling method both on land and sea :D

Dunk, are the horse models going to be based off of Avii's, Mo'Creature's ugly ass donkey-horses or made completely from scratch?

I think dunk won't give us ugly looking horses, as far as i know how detailed he likes animals. maybe we get the ugly ones as a placeholder till the good one's are done. But im pretty sure dunkt won't leave us with the crap models as a final product.

dunk is not one for using placeholding stuff either, he's posted this on several occasions, nothing gets updated until its nearly completely worked out besides tweaking or balancing.

Avi and I decided that to make the horses consistent with other future animals, I will be designing them myself. Avi is working on the entity.

Avi and I decided that to make the horses consistent with other future animals, I will be designing them myself. Avi is working on the entity.

Wait... you mean, you are doing the model and Avi coding it so it functions properly, or what? ._.

Wait... you mean, you are doing the model and Avi coding it so it functions properly, or what? ._.

I'm doing the model, the rendering and helping her with the entity. I don't have time to properly implement all of the features that horses need above the other animals.

I'm doing the model, the rendering and helping her with the entity. I don't have time to properly implement all of the features that horses need above the other animals.

okay, got it, thanks :3

i've made a naval suggestions topic on this, perhaps read that if you havent yet, and yes, im sure many among us want a high capacity travelling method both on land and sea :D

O I've read it lol I'm quite interested in seeing something like that implemented.

dunk is not one for using placeholding stuff either, he's posted this on several occasions, nothing gets updated until its nearly completely worked out besides tweaking or balancing.

hmmm bears.... stated by dunk that they will be changed. just btw.

hmmm bears.... stated by dunk that they will be changed. just btw.

Bears were the first animal I ever made. I was an animal and minecraft mod noob when I made them. Deer were my second attempt, and I like how they turned out. Bears will be redone.

Deer are SO PRETTY! :D

Deer are SO PRETTY! :D

Yes, pretty. And I still need to find one to see its antlers growing. I want to see this [new_word] Epic [/new_word] feature.

Yes, pretty. And I still need to find one to see his horns growing. I want to see this [new_word] Epic [/new_word] feature.

antlers*

antlers*

Oh right, antlers. Is there a big difference? Because I call them horns in my language, not antlers or other names. Then is a serious mistake calling them horns?

Oh right, antlers. Is there a big difference? Because I call them horns in my language, not antlers or other names. Then is a serious mistake calling them horns?

Horns are strictly bony growths that continue to grow throughout an animals life. Antlers grow and fall off each year.

Horns are strictly bony growths that continue to grow throughout an animals life. Antlers grow and fall off each year.

Interesting. Yes, there's a big difference. Ok, gonna call them antlers. And I didn't consider this. But do the antlers fall in the game?

Yes, pretty. And I still need to find one to see its antlers growing. I want to see this [new_word] Epic [/new_word] feature.

Same here. The only non-vanilla mobs I have seen were two pairs of bears, one pair for each world I started.

I can't wait for all the new mobs. ;)

Bears were the first animal I ever made. I was an animal and minecraft mod noob when I made them. Deer were my second attempt, and I like how they turned out. Bears will be redone.

mhhh my bad. Okay ill never say word about placeholders for mobs ever again.

Interesting. Yes, there's a big difference. Ok, gonna call them antlers. And I didn't consider this. But do the antlers fall in the game?

I don't see much of a point in having that as a feature and it would make it confusing, so no, they stay on the animal's head.

I do like the deer very much(though have only ever seen them in creative mode worlds)

edit: @Dunk: antlers could be used for handles of knives and other small objects, or umm...

buttons? also! according to wikipedia "In prehistoric times a large shed deer antler from a suitable species (e.g. red deer) was often cut down to its shaft and its lowest tine and used as a one-pointed pickax."

that could be relevant no?

Has anyone actually seen deer outside of creative? I've seen a few bears here and there but never any deer.

Also, antler tools would be a great addition, though I doubt we'll get any.

I have never seen any new TFC mobs. just the standard TFC versions of vanilla mobs.

deRAIIIIIIIIL or is there nothing left of the original rail?