Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Pakislav

Zombie Steel Claws.

13 posts in this topic

In the process of evaporating about ten ingots I have accidentally made myself a nice set of Bronze armor.

Eager to test my new creation, I went out in the morning to find a lone zombie hiding in the shadow of a tall tree.

As soon as he saw me, he charged growling and biting the air in an atempt to reach my flesh. Knowing that he can't wound me throught my tought newly baked armor, I've let a few blows of his glance of of the highly polished bronze surface of protective love. I was invincible! The wild no longer posed a threat to the might of my arms and I was free to decimate all natural resources day and night!

But I felt strong pain as the zombies claws teared my skin. What?! How is that possible. I tried to quickly pierce the foul beasts brain with my sharp Bronze sword but his gnawing jaw was upon me!

I've jumped away from him, avoiding his teath by a sliver! He was close behind me, but bright morning sun came to my rescue as our deadly dance lead us away from the shade of the trees.

As his corpse sizled in the sunshine, I have taken my armor off to see how was it possible that he wounded me.

Just as I feared, he shreaded the plate that protected my body, which I thought to be invulnerable to his claws.

No matter how hard you work, the world is always going to be taughter...

In all seriousness, I was happy with my brand new armor, remmembering what I read on the wiki.

"Even a set of armor made from Tier 0 metals such as Zinc will last a player a very long time and provide significant protection."

But after just around 8 hits from a zombie, my armor went from full durability to just little more then half.

What is this sorcery? It's a glorified cow leather, not plate armor!

The good news is you won't have to deal with Zombies forever. All the Vanilla Hostile mobs will be confined to underground dungeons (much better than the vanilla sorry excuses for dungeons) and will be replaced by aggressive predatory animals.

Edit: Oh yeh

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!! :D

Much to my delight, as a byproduct of the new health system and the amount of damage that mobs are now capable of doing, armor has started working as it was originally intended. However it also tends to wear out faster than you might be used to. Taking as little damage as possible is now preferable to standing there tanking damage as in previous versions.

From the changelog.

I've jumped away from him, avoiding his teeth by a sliver!

Sliver? you mean one of these?

Posted Image

From the changelog.

I see. I guess the wiki could use some work. :rolleyes:

Then again, armor is quite expensive, and it wears of really, really fast... Would be cool if we were able to repair it using comperably small amount of resources.

Oh, Pakislav, I didn't give you a welcome, then...

WELCOME TO THE TFC FORUMS PAKISLAV!!!

This is the first welcome with a name that I write! :D

I don't like how quickly armour degrades, but I prefer that it doesn't make you invincible.

I see. I guess the wiki could use some work. :rolleyes:

Then again, armor is quite expensive, and it wears of really, really fast... Would be cool if we were able to repair it using comperably small amount of resources.

Fixed.

Yeh the wiki does need work, but it's user updated so if you feel it is inadequate, go over there and update it yourself ;)

I think that the durability values will be changed in the future. Metal tiers should have more pronounced durability changes, and armor should last a little bit longer. Also, the players should have the opportunity to repair armor pieces.

Yeh the wiki does need work, but it's user updated so if you feel it is inadequate, go over there and update it yourself ;)

I just updated it. The armors page that is.

WELCOME TO THE TFC FORUMS PAKISLAV!!!

This is the first welcome with a name that I write! :D

That makes me feel special. Thank you ^^

I don't like how quickly armour degrades, but I prefer that it doesn't make you invincible.

I agree. It could use a little bit of balancing, and armor should most certainly not make us invincible. In the "story" it was a hyperbole.

I'll probably try, at least. If I find out about something that isn't there already, that is. ^_^

It never did from what I can tell, unless it's black steel armour.

Edit:

Actually this stuff is suitable for the books. Patch some flaws here and there and here you go.

Oh, and "steel"? Shoot higher, at least blue steel or even adamantium.