Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
killster550

soooooo

177 posts in this topic

That is not possible because French is German with Latin. (English is German and Gaelic with LESS latin)

"French is a descendant of the spoken Latin language of the Roman Empire, as are languages such as Italian, Portuguese, Spanish; Romanian, Lombard, Catalan, Sicilian andSardinian. Its closest relatives are the other langues d'oïl—languages historically spoken in northern France and Belgium, which French has largely supplanted. French was also influenced by native Celtic languages of Roman Gaul, and by the (Germanic) Frankish language of the post-Roman Frankish invaders.

French is a Romance language (meaning that it is descended primarily from Vulgar Latin) that evolved out of the Gallo-Romance dialects spoken in northern France." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_language

And Dutch has a German origin but sounds a lot like french

eeeh, dutch sounds more like german than anything :D quite some words are exactly identical in meaning

Old Frankish was the language spoken by the Germanic Franks in the Low Countries and adjacent parts of contemporary France and Germany between the 4th and 8th century. It belongs to the West Germanic language group and is thought to have given rise to the modern Franconian languages. The Franks, who were divided into two groups: the Salian Franks and the Ripuarian Franks, probably spoke a range of related dialects and languages rather than a single uniform dialect or language.[1] Knowledge of Old Frankish is almost entirely reconstructed from Old Dutch and from etyma and loanwords from Old French. A notable exception is the Bergakker inscription found in 1996, which may be a direct attestation of Old Frankish.

he language from which Old Dutch arose is not known with certainty, but it is thought to be Old Frankish, the language spoken by the Salian Franks. Philologists often refer to Old Dutch as Old West Low Franconian. (This is similar to referring to Old English as Anglo-Saxon.) In general, they prefer the term Franconian to Frankish when referring to the language of the Franks. They essentially consider the names "Old Frankish" (when used to refer to the language spoken by the Salian Franks), "Old West Low Franconian" and "Old Dutch" to refer to the same language (or set of dialects). There was also a close relationship between Old Frankish, Old Saxon, Old English and Old Frisian. Because Old Frankish texts are almost non-existent and Old Dutch texts scarce and fragmentary, it is difficult to determine when the transition from Old Frankish to Old Dutch occurred, but it is thought to have happened by the end of the 9th century. and perhaps occurred before then. Old Dutch made the transition to Middle Dutch around 1150.[3]

TFC FORUMS

Best place in the world to learn english, spanish, portuguese, (coming soon) french and (coming soon) italian!

Forgot the Russian guy that i was helping the other day lol

Old Frankish was the language spoken by the Germanic Franks in the Low Countries and adjacent parts of contemporary France and Germany between the 4th and 8th century. It belongs to the West Germanic language group and is thought to have given rise to the modern Franconian languages. The Franks, who were divided into two groups: the Salian Franks and the Ripuarian Franks, probably spoke a range of related dialects and languages rather than a single uniform dialect or language.[1] Knowledge of Old Frankish is almost entirely reconstructed from Old Dutch and from etyma and loanwords from Old French. A notable exception is the Bergakker inscription found in 1996, which may be a direct attestation of Old Frankish.

he language from which Old Dutch arose is not known with certainty, but it is thought to be Old Frankish, the language spoken by the Salian Franks. Philologists often refer to Old Dutch as Old West Low Franconian. (This is similar to referring to Old English as Anglo-Saxon.) In general, they prefer the term Franconian to Frankish when referring to the language of the Franks. They essentially consider the names "Old Frankish" (when used to refer to the language spoken by the Salian Franks), "Old West Low Franconian" and "Old Dutch" to refer to the same language (or set of dialects). There was also a close relationship between Old Frankish, Old Saxon, Old English and Old Frisian. Because Old Frankish texts are almost non-existent and Old Dutch texts scarce and fragmentary, it is difficult to determine when the transition from Old Frankish to Old Dutch occurred, but it is thought to have happened by the end of the 9th century. and perhaps occurred before then. Old Dutch made the transition to Middle Dutch around 1150.[3]

Not sure where you were going with that, but that explains why Dutch sounds to me as german spoken by a french.

Not sure where you was going with that, but that explains why Dutch sound to me as german spoken by a french.

Where you were going...sometimes I make this mistake too.

Forgot the Russian guy that i was helping the other day lol

From all these languages I do prefer Russian, I was trying to learn it awhile ago.

Hey, I'm learning Dutch now! :D

It's actually pretty fun...

TFC FORUMS

Best place in the world to learn ANY LANGUAGE YOU CAN IMAGINE!

fix'd

STOP, you cant learn Klingon or Huttese here!

btw dunk, y u no change my title to 50000 year old lurker :D

STOP, you cant learn Klingon or Huttese here!

Are you sure? If there's someone ready to teach...

so you claim any human can speak the tongue of Jabba the hutt? ;D besides, next you're gonna tell me someone knows the language of the Elites

so you claim any human can speak the tongue of Jabba the hutt? ;D besides, next you're gonna tell me someone knows the language of the Elites

Are you sure? If there's someone ready to teach...

And I want to add to my quote "and if there is someone that can learn it".

GRRRAAARRRARGAgoooorarararrrrrAAARRRRGGG :3

(translation: i know Chewbacca's language, why can't someone else learn interplanetarian laguages here? :3)

... we're just going to have to ... hunker down in our trenches and bunkers, and let loose our ... sharpened popsicle sticks ... Sherlock Holmes ...

These 2 weapons alone could defeat the mongrel hordes of n00bs that killster has, maybe, unleashed upon us. Just imagine Sherlock kicking ass with his double sharpened popsicle stick knives, and a bandolier full of smaller throwable versions. Along with an ultra-strength weaponized magnifying glass to burn enemies to a crisp if need be. And he'll do it all in an armored version of his tweed suit and trench coat. It would be an awesome sight to behold, unless you are his enemy, then you would be dead or running away from the immortal crazy guy in an armored suit with popsicle stick knives.

Anyways, awesome sherlock rampage tangent aside.

killster, I'm not sure if I should inform the Reapers that they missed one, or to throw a party for you. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens >:]

(BTW Mass Effect is soooooooo awesome! :D. Although, I was disappointed with the ending of ME3... awesome game until the last 15 minutes :()

actually, i disliked ME 3 as a whole, too much autodialog and flawed logic, and way too few consequences from the previous game.

actually, inform the reapers, i want to have some party of my own :D

You guys are just kicking a dead horse there, ME 3 is bad move on, let's change the subject to.......... pet rocks

actually, i disliked ME 3 as a whole, too much autodialog and flawed logic, and way too few consequences from the previous game.

actually, inform the reapers, i want to have some party of my own :D

Oh, it had its flaws to be sure. But I can't say I didn't enjoy playing it :P

On the too few consequences from past games, I never actually imported a character. I played each game years apart, on 3 different profiles (my profile changed every month for a while when I was exploiting free trials :P), and I always forget a lot of the last game by that point. So yeah, I've been wanting to do a full chronological play through where I start with a character in ME and import it into ME2 and ME3, so I can get the full experience, but that requires a lot of free time in a somewhat short amount of time, so that may not happen for a while. (each game is dozens of hours long, at least. More if you want to get a good ending.)

You guys are just kicking a dead horse there, ME 3 is bad move on, let's change the subject to.......... pet rocks

yeah, I guess, but I will never forget what went through my head during the last few cut scenes. Which was simply "What.The.Fuck?" over and over and over again. Just sayin', it changed me man, it changed me.

having pet rocks was punishable by death in the empire 0o.o0

however, jokes were not.

having pet rocks was punishable by death in the empire 0o.o0

however, jokes were not.

What kind of emperor would have a grudge against a geological piece of earth as a pet?

These 2 weapons alone could defeat the mongrel hordes of n00bs that killster has, maybe, unleashed upon us. Just imagine Sherlock kicking ass with his double sharpened popsicle stick knives, and a bandolier full of smaller throwable versions. Along with an ultra-strength weaponized magnifying glass to burn enemies to a crisp if need be. And he'll do it all in an armored version of his tweed suit and trench coat. It would be an awesome sight to behold, unless you are his enemy, then you would be dead or running away from the immortal crazy guy in an armored suit with popsicle stick knives.

That would be 'awesome', but remember; there could be sheer numbers of newbs the size of Russia's army assaulting us, and if Sherlock Holmes and his dual sharpened-popsicle sticks fail us, then we stick to our plasma cannons, machine guns, tanks, bombers, airplanes, barbed wire, trenches, bunkers, lasers, and whatever weapon I mentioned.

lightsabers, reaper attacks, biotic artillery, death star beams, i can think of quite some more :D

These n00bs stand NO chance.......Their only strength will really be bad grammar and numbers. The bad grammar we can protect by wearing earmuffs, but the numbers? We will just mow them down. Count me in. TASE can help with his rainbow powers of awesomeness. And I can smith Aurum Ignis armour and weapons. :P

back on topic, has antvenoms responded to you?

These n00bs stand NO chance.......Their only strength will really be bad grammar and numbers. The bad grammar we can protect by wearing earmuffs, but the numbers? We will just mow them down. Count me in. TASE can help with his rainbow powers of awesomeness. And I can smith Aurum Ignis armour and weapons. :P

If you ever watch zombie movies, it is that somehow, the zombies always win despite a planet full of intelligent beings armed with weapons capable of destroying the earth fifteen times. Take a look at The Walking Dead for example; a character at Crawford (I think) mentioned that the National Guard was overrun. OVERRUN BY AN ARMY OF SHAMBLING MEATSACK CORPSES THAT DOESN'T EVEN KNOW FEAR OR PAIN, AND YET THEY ARE ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH HIGH-GRADE MILITARY HARDWARE! However, if this works... I will be baffled.