Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sda215

Post your Weaponized Redstone Builds!

37 posts in this topic

It is simple and straightforward, just post your images of weaponized redstone. Here are the guidelines for this thread:

-THE POST MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO IMAGES.

-IT MUST BE A WEAPON, NOT A BUILD.

-YOU CAN USE OTHER MODIFICATIONS TO ASSIST IN THE THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE WEAPONIZED REDSTONE.

-THIS THREAD IS, AS PEOPLE SPEAK IT, 'JUST FOR KICKS'; IT DOES NOT HAVE TO DO WITH TERRAFIRMACRAFT (Would be 'cool' if it uses a TerraFirmaCraft feature).

-INCLUDE THE PLANS, MODIFICATIONS (If applicable), AND ADDITION-ONS (If applicable) TO YOUR POST AS WELL.

My reason for why the guidelines are bolded and capitalized is to make sure people read the guidelines correctly. What I mean by 'weaponized redstone' is any weapon you use redstone for, preferabally TNT Cannons

-Sda209

Quoting myself:

: You know, something very useful for sieges would be TNT. If someone manages to make TNT and to light it, could he use it for a siege?

That went in my mind this morning, and i just couldn't get it out. So i started testing what could be done if it was allowed. That's how i found out about the existance of TNT cannons. After some testing, only using materials which were obtainable in TFC, i found out you CAN make a working TNT cannon. It just takes some time (if you already have the materials), lots of redstone, and lots of TNT to be, in fact, more useful than simply going there, placing the TNT, then placing a torch and running the hell out of there. It uses 8 TNT blocks with every single shot, so if you have a entire stack of TNT, it will be enaff just for 8 shots.

(some pics of the TNT cannon here: http://imgur.com/kKa...C,E9vM2,mWtAv#0 )

I'm gonna make a list of pros and cons:

Pros:

-Can make damage to enemies's building at a safe distance, as well as kill in two or one hits an opponent

-Can make a fairly big amount of damage.

-It might get buffed up unintentionally by a TFC update (for example, by making gunpowder easier to obtain)

-Easy to find the water for the cannon, as most cities will probably be built near rivers for sluicing.

Cons:

-It is hard to get cinnabar -and therefore, redstone-. However, once you find cinnabar, you will surely have enough to even 15 TNT cannons like the one i built.

-It's fairly easy for an enemy to spot while it's being built. (You just can't see TNT somewhere and don't ask yourself "Hey, what's going on there?")

-Is hard to get the needed amounts of ammo -have you ever tried to make a stack of TNT?-

-It might, as well, be rendered useless by a TFC update.

"So, what's the point of all this?" you may ask. Well, i just wanted to know if we (i) will be allowed to use this kind of weapon for any battle.

(God, you gusy are gonna hate me because of how much i love to take down everything in sieges <3)

It's a TNT cannon i designed to be use-able in TFC without any kind of cheat. However, ever since Bioxx got rid of the vanilla sand, TNT itself isn't craftable any more, and neither is sandstone : so yeah...

Quoting myself:

It's a TNT cannon i designed to be use-able in TFC without any kind of cheat. However, ever since Bioxx got rid of the vanilla sand, TNT itself isn't craftable any more, and neither is sandstone : so yeah...

You could potentially use stone as a substitute for sandstone. In my vanilla worlds, I always use stone as my choice of building material for the entire frame. Unless Bioxx either tweaks the vanilla recipe for TNT to be compatible for TerraFirmaCraft sands, or overhauls explosives altogether, TNT and Weaponizing Redstone fanatics will be disappointed, as they cannot craft TNT.

not mine, but here:

all arguments are now invalid

not mine, but here: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZXXIAJ8wUk

all arguments are now invalid

An anti-personnel weapon? Well, at least it is aimable; the weapon seems a bit too inaccurate, making it the main con. Nevermind, I realize artillery was supposed to inaccurate, and I made my TNT Cannons to be purposely inaccurate. The main con of this cannon is the amount of arrows fired at once.

quantity over quality, you pepper a 16x16 field with arrows, or replace it with splash potions or even tnt :D put this on a ship and voilah, arty it is :D (artillery was never accurate to begin with)

For the TNT, once sand is fixed, anyone want to build a mob trap?

For the TNT, once sand is fixed, anyone want to build a mob trap?

*Raises hand*

Points at JAG./>

Noooo, don't point at a god of derailments. *Points at JAG* but you said that you post redstone stuff in the mc forums...

Yeah, so what? ._.

Post it here too!

And wolf...the "/>" has returned...

Post it here too!

And wolf...the "/>" has returned...

Please, noooo, don't call it. Pleaseee! It wants me died :(

Please, noooo, don't call it. Pleaseee! It wants me died :(/>

Ok, we shall not talk about the symbol that shall not be named.

The symbol that shall not be named? What is this symbol that desires to destroy Mister TheWolf277?

The symbol that shall not be named? What is this symbol that desires to destroy Mister TheWolf277?

/>

It has started spontaneously apperaing in quotes.

The symbol that shall not be named?/> What is this symbol that desires to destroy Mister TheWolf277?/>

This: />

However don't worry for this./> I discovered who it is. It's a symbiont and it can't live without a post./>

It also spreads/> on the posts./> And it's also nice and funny./>

Are you this lord_haivo?/>

Then who/> is this: http://www.minecraft...st-another-guy/ ??

A guy who took the username before me >__> that son of a b+tch...

Nice builds, and nice avatar on the MC forums, :P

Thanks and thanks :P i like Hitsugaya...

Thanks and thanks :P i like Hitsugaya...

Yup, my fav captain. Byakuya is pretty cool too though.

A guy who took the username before me >__> that son of a b+tch...

I thought that you were this and I thought "Y he isn't active????"

I'm not that active there anyways... lol