Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
0Beechlgz

Do jungles generate in TFC?

22 posts in this topic

I always loved living right next to a jungle. Not actually in it, but on the plains just to the edge of it, I just like to have the access.

Do jungles still spawn in TFC? I've tried heading towards the equator, but it just gets drier and drier (even if it is getting warmer).

jungles are supposed to spawn next to the equator around desert area if i am correct

search for jungles between 3-7k on the Z axis, - or + do not matter.

Thanks, I definitely didn't go far enough, I was still at z: -8,000 something.

It's not a guarantee though. I had a world where there was a huge northern continent and a small continent at about 9000 but nothing but ocean for the entire tropics.

It's not a guarantee though. I had a world where there was a huge northern continent and a small continent at about 9000 but nothing but ocean for the entire tropics.

It is still quite likely you will find a jungle in the equator/near it. It might not be always, but it is pretty likely.

Once I had a jungle that stretched about 10000 blocks in the z direction, and maybe 6500 blocks in the x direction. All that wood....would make a GIANT charcoal pit. On that topic, has anyone made a max size charcoal pi (25x25x13) in survival, legit? I would really like to see it...and the amount of charcoal it would make. I wonder how many shovels that would take...

It is still quite likely you will find a jungle in the equator/near it. It might not be always, but it is pretty likely.

Once I had a jungle that stretched about 10000 blocks in the z direction, and maybe 6500 blocks in the x direction. All that wood....would make a GIANT charcoal pit. On that topic, has anyone made a max size charcoal pi (25x25x13) in survival, legit? I would really like to see it...and the amount of charcoal it would make. I wonder how many shovels that would take...

Yeah I've had some huge jungles too. Just wanted to make sure the poster didn't think it was a guarantee. I haven't spawned in very many jungles overall though... seems to like to throw me into the subarctic. (I'm pretty sure it's detecting where I live IRL lol)

omg... is that really the max size? I never really looked into it but always just built five by five by 1-3. Takes long enough to gather that amount of wood... you'd need a whole team of lumberjacks to cap one out o.O

Yeah I've had some huge jungles too. Just wanted to make sure the poster didn't think it was a guarantee. I haven't spawned in very many jungles overall though... seems to like to throw me into the subarctic. (I'm pretty sure it's detecting where I live IRL lol)

omg... is that really the max size? I never really looked into it but always just built five by five by 1-3. Takes long enough to gather that amount of wood... you'd need a whole team of lumberjacks to cap one out o.O

Ya...judging if you had 4 stacks of 4 in each log pile, it would take 129,808 logs!!!!! That is a LOT of logs....Ya I barely spawn in jungles....Mainly in a plains or in some other tree forest, usually within 250-500 blocks of a nice plains. I always only do 5*5*3 as well....I want a picture of that charcoal pit. o_O And 129,808 logs!!!!!!!!!!! That is just crazy...

After some calculations, if you did it in the most efficient way legitly possible (An axe, a stack of sticks and a stack of rocks, with 26 free inventory space if the axe is broken at the end of the process), it would take you 312.03846153846153846153846 full inventories to fill up a completely full charcoal pit of those dimensions; roughly, 312, and bit of another, inventories. Quite a bit of work... that means 625 (you can't make a fraction of a travel and reach the same place... not legitly in this mod, at least) travels back and forth from the site where you take wood from to the site of the pit, in order to complete it.

So... Any server owner willing to give some guys access to the server just to build the most massive charcoal pit we can, so we see how much charcoal we get? :P

But wait... That's either not quite right, or really dangerous... That is, if there isn't any kind of previous preparations; just going in there and start building the pit.

I will suppose 13 is the height, right? So then, you need, to start it, to light a firepit at the center and the very bottom of the pit, which would mean you would have to wait before placing all the logs. Specificially, you would need to make some kind of staircase, and after lighting the fire pit, fill up the logs missing. To make the staircase, and as the center will only take 12 log block instead of 13, you will need to save the last 90 stacks of logs, which makes it something obligatorily for multiplayer if you don't want your logs to just burn while filling in the pit (specificially, you would need at least 4 players working together at this for the pit to be completed).

And not only this, but if the firepit is not lit when you completely covered the pit, it won't start; so you need to fuel it, and in this case, for giving the players the most time possible (given the fact it will only hold 4 logs at a time...), it must be a kind of log that burns a long time, even if at a low temperature. So one of the players must know exactly what they are doing, he must know what is the best log for this job that they can afford around them. And then it depends on how fast the player is, 'cause, how long does the longest burning log burn? 10 seconds, 20 maybe? if i'm right, at the most the players have a minute and twenty seconds to fill up all the missing logs and covering up the pit... So yeah, they must know how to make it fast enough. Of course, this has a possible roundabout, it being that maybe if you throw the logs in the firepit, they will stay there 'til it has a free space for them, and then it will just suck them in. But i'm not sure that works that way, quite honestly...

This, of course, is with NO preparation at all. If the player already had built an overground strcture to contain the charcoal pit, which would take in this particular mod a pretty good while (even if it's made out of glass), he could just simply leave a hallway to the firepit in one of the sides; 12 meters long, so he could contain all the logs needed to fill the hallway (24) in his own inventory and even have free inventory space. If he knows what he's doing, placing 24 log piles blocks shouldn't take him that much time, so there isn't a speed run either...

At the end, depends in if the player doing this task is on his own, so he needs to get himself prepared for such a task, or has some help, which will need him to be prepared as well in a completely different way. At the end as well, this post just shows up how much of a challenge TFC can be in one of my favourites minor features it has.

-snip-

I love how you can put all the thought into one minor little feature...And agree with your last sentence 100%. A big challenge (I don't think ANYONE has EVER done it) for a small feature.

what'd probably happen if it works out: the moment the charcoal spawns: massive conversion lag spike crashing the server :D

Oh and on a side note JAG, how did that exam go? You know, the one that was like 30% of your mark or something and you posted about in the Dunk's Homework help thread...?

Did you finish it? Did you not do it yet? Just wanted to know about that.

Never told me how much i got, but the techer said i passed this year so yeah :3 quite happy 'bout that.

Now back to the ultimate charcoal pit, please... don't wanna make this "JAG's bragging thread"

Never told me how much i got, but the techer said i passed this year so yeah :3 quite happy 'bout that.

Now back to the ultimate charcoal pit, please... don't wanna make this "JAG's bragging thread"

Congrats. :) Lol, yeah. What is the largest charcoal pit (closest to our goal) Anyone has Gotten? I want pics...:P

could you not put the firepit on the corner of the pit?

(if you can't, you could come up from underneath and do it that way)

could you not put the firepit on the corner of the pit?

(if you can't, you could come up from underneath and do it that way)

... That works? I thought the logs couldn't be placed more than 12 blocks away from the firepit for it to work, hence why the max size is 25x25x13 ._.

... That works? I thought the logs couldn't be placed more than 12 blocks away from the firepit for it to work, hence why the max size is 25x25x13 ._.

See, thats why i said go from underneath

See, thats why i said go from underneath

Well... Yeah, but you would need a pick for that. Why? 'cause it's really hard to make a charcoal pit 13 blocks tall that will be separated from the stone layer by 2 blocks of dirt so you can make the tunnel : most of it will be left overground, and it kind of defeats the purpose of making a hole for it in the first place...

Well... Yeah, but you would need a pick for that. Why? 'cause it's really hard to make a charcoal pit 13 blocks tall that will be separated from the stone layer by 2 blocks of dirt so you can make the tunnel : most of it will be left overground, and it kind of defeats the purpose of making a hole for it in the first place...

you sure as HELL aren't doing this for your FIRST charcoal pit, so I'd expect you'd have a pick by then anyway.

This seems to be what has happened to me. Got to around -7,000 and hit an ocean, started sailing because I have plenty food. Travelled for around 4,000 blocks on the z axis and 10,000 on the x. I thought I'd never see land, but finally I found some land in the tropics. Not a jungle yet, but I'll keep searching.

Nope, not a continent, just an oceanic island. : ( must keep sailing.

you sure as HELL aren't doing this for your FIRST charcoal pit, so I'd expect you'd have a pick by then anyway.

If challenged to do it, i will do it as my first :3