Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

Bob, maybe we should add portable light source? Like dynamic lights, but more survival like. You'll need a lantern and a fuel for it ( Made out of meat, aka fat ) I know that recipe may use vanilla ingots. But we can work it out, like we give you 2 wrought iron ingots, and other stuff, and you spawn lantern. This will be pretty fun, and very nice to have one in the mine.

Bob, maybe we should add portable light source? Like dynamic lights, but more survival like. You'll need a lantern and a fuel for it ( Made out of meat, aka fat ) I know that recipe may use vanilla ingots. But we can work it out, like we give you 2 wrought iron ingots, and other stuff, and you spawn lantern. This will be pretty fun, and very nice to have one in the mine.

I was thinking about this after you mentioned it in game.

I want to see how it looks ingame first, but I may have a work around for a lantern without me having to spawn them in.

Jack o lantern with trap doors /carved blocks on the side

Anyway, it may be ugly as sin, but might work out perfectly.

Thoughts?

Bob

Will it be portable?

Portable as in hack it with an axe and pick up the block...yes.

Portable as in a torch in your off hand...Nope. I don't think that's available anywhere in MC yet.

In mc it's possible. Have you seen "Dynamic lights" mod? I mean that there is SMP mod about lanterns ( Handheld, you hold them in your hotbar, and they produce light, for a cost of course )

New griefer:

JamesReaver[/99.172.129.100

Same Group. Logged in, went straight to Hickoria, torched the place.

I don't have time to roll back tonight to fix the damage so expect one tomorrow morning PST.

The suggestion was made to whitelist and create a new map. To combat griefer damage and clean up the carved blocks that didn't translate well tp build 72.

Thoughts?

Bob

I turned the server off for the night.

I will do what I can to figure out if I can just rollback specific chunks.

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

If I roll back...it will be about 16 - 20 hour hit.

I am so sorry guys.

You may thank ICTON Entertainment owned by djy1991 and his crew/cronies for the aggravation.

So anyway, expect at minimum a whitelist. sometime tomorrow.

If the server is up and you cant get on or I miss a regulars ign...please post here or drop me a PM.

Bob

Not to mention clean up other bugs, like the Door stuck closed bug.

Who knows what else is left over after 5 builds.

Anyway I'll be back when you guys figure out something besides the constant rollbacks, thats all the greifers are trying to accomplish anyways.

the rollbacks are impacting everyone that plays there, so their goal is being accomplished.

Yeah... gotta go with a white list in my opinion. New map? I could live with that BUT I have relatively little effort into the whole thing so I would defer to those who would be most impacted. A white list would allow us to build a transportation web... if we did on a targeted open server it would just bring the bastards to our homes. I was also wondering if we could do some kinda server tree nerf? The oversupply of trees and saplings is making a mockery of the survival ethic. Thanks again Bob for all your efforts.

White list is good idea. I hate these grieffing scumbags. Remember to add us on WL.New map? Hmm... I have an idea. What if we won't start from 0, as it will take a lot of time ( AGAIN ) to build our settlements. I propose to give everyone a starting set of steel tools, stack of torches and some food. Then it will be a bit easier. ( Yes, smelting tin in fire pit is really boring ) Imagine 2 settlements connected via nice railway, I allready made one, not finished yet. 3x4 tunel 350~400 blocks long.

If we are to start over, i will prefer the suggestion of Amanlu, give us some basic equipment so we can start, it would be cool to have two settlements connected by a road system.

About the white-list, i totally agree with that one, just remember me, cama797.

EDIT: how do you know it was ICTON entertainment, i mean they do look like dumbasses but they got no videos of they destroying the server.

If we are to start over, i will prefer the suggestion of Amanlu, give us some basic equipment so we can start, it would be cool to have two settlements connected by a road system.

About the white-list, i totally agree with that one, just remember me, cama797.

EDIT: how do you know it was ICTON entertainment, i mean they do look like dumbasses but they got no videos of they destroying the server.

IP searches for location, Google user names which gives you YouTube , twitter, Facebook, etc , tracing back usage history/friends from those sites. Like content and Shared membership on like sites, same user names being in the same videos...ect.

I am currently exploring the legal ramifications of this cyber bullying and cyber hate crime.

Meanwile...

It seems that all if forgiven and that I have learned my lesson per this PM I received from user "Emmett Dalton"

"I have called off the attack on your server. I feel we have done enough for compensation. Banning someone from your server by only hearing one side of the story is so irrational and unprofessional. If you would of talked to the previous players about what they did, and simply gave them a warning; that would of been it. We had been on your server for quite a long time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Our findings of your server was rather hasteful, so reading of the rules were not known. Perhaps in the future, you will take what has happened here into thought, when you decide to ban someone. To ban someone with as much unjustice as you did with the two individuals.

Good bye."

They griefed, I banned, they raged...My fault. Such children...*sigh*

I have looked into the 3 requests for the server. Smart Moving, Dynamic lighting, and less saplings.

Smart Moving will be added. Looks Fun.

Dynamic Lighting. I found the server side lanterns mod I will use, IF the crafting recipes can be made to use the TFC metals without too much fuss. I do not care for the option requiring me as admin to spawn in items.

Less saplings is a current issue with TFC. There is no rate adjustment available that I can find in the configs.

I have looked into the 3 requests for the server. Smart Moving, Dynamic lighting, and less saplings.

Smart Moving will be added. Looks Fun.

Dynamic Lighting. I found the server side lanterns mod I will use, IF the crafting recipes can be made to use the TFC metals without too much fuss. I do not care for the option requiring me as admin to spawn in items.

Less saplings is a current issue with TFC. There is no rate adjustment available that I can find in the configs.

Nice. I won't need damn torches to mine deposits. :D

PS: When the server will be up and running?

Good ideas Amanlu. I guess I would recommend starting without any materials but I am not strident on that point. Maybe I am warped but I don't mind an evening 'round the fire pit cooking stuff (but that's just me and "easier" has never been my favorite MC word). As to the railway I would certainly be a navvy and would recommend a north-south alignment to link different biomes.

Nice. I won't need damn torches to mine deposits. :D

PS: When the server will be up and running?

I have a PM into the mod author. So Lanterns may not be today.

Server will be up asap. Not minutes, but hopefully not hours.

Bob

Are you accepting more people for the white list? I'm new to joining MineCraft servers, usually I play alone or with a few friends, but this seems fun. My IGN is TsuiokuX

Also new to minecraft servers, friend of the above^ IGN: ElysionX

Hope you're still accepting new people!

EDIT:

Figured I should mention, I tried joining before when your server was open, but was unable to join due to some forge version error issue(the error said I didn't have a new enough version of forge). I noticed several other people having a similiar error with this and other servers, does anyone know a solution to this?

Server is up.

New map.

Smart moving installed.

Whitelist is on

Whitelisted = anyone pretty much who was active in the last few days that was online longer then 5 min.

Lain_chan

elpeenor

glopso

maxwell7777

Holkien

madflavius

armystiners

ZombiLoin

Amanlu

bob561

Jferngler

cama797

Matatuto

ClassicDagger

Deadpool22x

Odh42

samaban

jferngler

bob2351723

Yoyostar151

Holy_Shield

LiB_ASSASSIN

RandomX45

bbushh

Jacciee

Accepting new applications...

Bob

I will be starting a new village soon. It will be located UNDERGROUND. Yes underground. I will need a good builder with ability to make stone works. I will be miner ( Guess why ).

This actually seems like the perfect server for me, was looking for one of a smaller size that is just starting fresh so I wouoldn't feel left behind as I relarn TFC so I'm interested in joining.

A little bit about me, I'm 27 years old and live in the Midwest of USA, haven't really played much TFC since my last server died out back in 47f (Seldron's Nessaja server if it matters) so it will take me a bit to get use to some of the newer mechanics. I will probablly be on the TFCraft IRC channel whenever I'm on and looking forward to helping build a city. My minecraft name is xanderhunter.

Added:

Overlordetna

xanderhunter

ElysionX

TsuiokuX

No Bans reported so "Welcome to Roanoke"

Thanks for the invite, quick question is there any Mumble/Teamspeak/Ventrillo server?

Thanks for the invite, quick question is there any Mumble/Teamspeak/Ventrillo server?

I dont have one set up. others may...