Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

It was brought to my attention that I did not give acquit instruction on how to install this new mod.

Please download and place into your mods folder.

http://www.minecraft...m-npcs-splanmp/

I took the following from the mod install webpage. Obviously you already forge installed and can skip that part. If you use some other methed of installing mods, I trust you can figure it out. If you have trouble. please post and I will do what I can to walk you through installation.

Client Installation

• Locate your .minecraft folder

• Run minecraft (don't login)
    • Press options
    • Click the link to Game location on disk
  • Download Forge-Universal
  • Open .minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar with winrar(or something similar)
  • Extract all files from forge-universal.zip into the minecraft.jar
  • Delete the META-INF in the minecraft.jar
  • Run minecraft and login to test if it is working so far
  • A folder .minecraft/mods should have been create when you ran it
  • Download Custom NPCs and place the zip in the .minecraft/mods folder (Don't unzip it)
  • You now have installed the Custom Npcs Mod

Custom npcs is pretty invisible in survival mode, the only way to access it is via creative, therefore it won't affect anyones gameplay at all, you will NEVER find a randomly generated npc, only 100 percent scripted NPCs that Bob designed or approved of :) so no worries guys, this is for the best! Please do ask for help if you need it to install.. Its really not too hard, and I am a tech guy so I can even do it for you remotely if you absolutely need me to... : P

Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome last night! I think I'll be spending a lot of time with you all :)

I'm afraid while exploring town and making use of an anvil a creeper snuck up on me and did serious damage to one of the abandoned marked for demolition houses (I guess the creeper was just trying to help?)

It's the one right by marked mushroom farm in town.

I salvaged the important bits that fell out the destroyed chest and have stored them and will try to leave them aside in case whoever owns that place comes back or the contents were already spoken for (A large Flawless Gem, about 6 stacks of Zinc ore and some Igneous extrusive Rock) the rest was junk I didn't have space for like dirt and saplings etc.

After the 3rd creeper inside the house during the day (no idea where the hell they came from) I moved the anvil to my place rather than risk damage the town..not stealing it and happy to return it anytime as I've already made my own =p

So just a heads up and sorry for the damage :(

After some scouting around I decided to make my home on the road from spawn just before town - As you cross the Wooden Bridge I've made a 2nd bridge to the cliff face running along side the road and have started carving out the start of what will be my mountain side lair :)

Hope I haven't over stepped any boundaries or broken any rules....

Was you!! I wondered who could start demolishing without me. Dont worry, that house was abandoned since, at least, three weeks, and i'm almost sure no one can call that building art. So let it rest in peace.

Regarding the stuff, please return what you've saved to keep it in a safe awaiting the return of the owner.

Oh, and now you started the work, end it ;). I wanna make three stables in that zone an you just give me the reason i needed.

Will do! shall I make a new chest and put it back in that house or is there like a central bureaucracy building I can file an application to file in =p

And no worries I plan to finish my place sooner rather than later it's just balancing gathering resource with building =p

A note about my place - in ALL my worlds I've always turned my house into a warehouse / workshop - In TFC that's even more the case hence my choice of mountain side base as I have almost infinite room to expand so If you want I'll work with you to integrate the stables :)

I think given the physics of TFC I'll need to scetch out the floor plans first anyway rather than my usual hollow out mountain and backfill approach :), especially given the value of pickaxes this early in my game :)

There is no way to downgrade to 1.4.6 from 1.4.7 because for whatever reason noone is supplying that base version.

You can actually download every version of Minecraft directly from Mojang, here's the 1.4.6 client link:

http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_6/minecraft.jar

Random one, does Ranoke (whats the significance of that name btw?) have a chat server?

I have one free from Multiplay we don't use as our group already has one for the Vanilla MC Server that's free if you want to use it?

It's only 8 slot but could increase that if needed.

Random one, does Ranoke (whats the significance of that name btw?) have a chat server?

I have one free from Multiplay we don't use as our group already has one for the Vanilla MC Server that's free if you want to use it?

It's only 8 slot but could increase that if needed.

Roanoke is the name of the lost colony from Americas early history.

The Roanoke server takes its name from that.

Origanaly I ran Roanoke as a rp adventure server where they players were colonists dropped on the shores of a new land...The name was fitting as soon after we had set up the spawn village...everyone scattered into the wilds. Leaving an abandoned lost village that new players would discover on logging in.

We do not currently have a chat server that I know of. Some players use "friends Overlay" to chat on. I cant use chat as I play at work most of the time and while I can play...I cant chat.

if you would like to donate your server for those who can though, That would be great!

Bob

The first traders are starting to pop up. They are the gem traders. They will buy your gems for gold coin, and sell you gems for...more gold coin. You can use them to help make your sets for land. Currently they can only trade gems that have been found and turned in by you guys

So, need to sell that flawless piece of Jade buy he cont trade with you? maybe you should bring it to White Rock and give it to the museum...

Other items may be bought and sold using coinage later, so save your coin.

Bob

Hey Bob. My friend "britmace2" would like to join us and learn how to play TFC. She is really nice and has been playing with JD and I for a long time.

Hey Bob. My friend "britmace2" would like to join us and learn how to play TFC. She is really nice and has been playing with JD and I for a long time.

Sorry for the delay.

Please let her know that I will get her on the list asap.

Bob

Nice :), Ya that does sound appropriate.

Mumble Server - 85.236.100.59:20187

If you register your name it will set your password default to Roanoke - you can then change this from your settings ;)

I'll get on and admin it later tonight (about 6PM GMT) and add anyone as admin that needs to.

It's only an 8 Slotter at the moment I'm afraid but if the demand is there this month I'll up it next month.

Any admins on the forum that want the admin deets for the server can pm me also.

Here's some awesome Screenshots (not for contest, largely not my work here, just the NPC's...) that I thought everyone might enjoy!

Posted Image

AND

Posted Image

Server down as of 10AM CST on 1/19/13

I did send a PM to Bob

Back up.

what was everyone who was online doing?

Also, I'm running out the door. I have 4 applications in my inbox. I will get to thgose asap.

Bob

I would like to join your server please. My IGN is iizorro. I really want to try SMP with mod because Single player gets lonely. I have never made it past copper so I know nothing past that and I would really like to learn. :D

I would like to join your server please. My IGN is iizorro. I really want to try SMP with mod because Single player gets lonely. I have never made it past copper so I know nothing past that and I would really like to learn. :D

Welcome to Roanoke.

We have a great group here.

Bob

Server will be up and down today as we test and add new content.

Go install the medicine mod.

Posted Image

our custom recipes which pertain to Lanterns.

Information is as follows:

Hooks can be crafted with ANY tier 0 hoe head (tin, bismuth, zinc) surrounded by ANY plank.

Lanterns are crafted with glass panes and a torch in the center, as seen, with a SHEET of ANY tier 0 metal (tin, bismuth, zinc)

Animal Fat is crafted using Mortar+Pestle from the medicine mod with ANY raw meat (or rotten flesh) above the mortar and pestle.

Oil is crafted by by putting a Bottled Animal Fat in a crafting table with a Torch underneath (Not shown here). Animal Fat is bottled by putting it in an empty bottle the same as normal.. just put into crafting table (easy!)

Enjoy!