Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

The OLD Roanoke Thread

627 posts in this topic

Hey Bob. A number of new (and seemingly nice) players have logged on and say they are not on the whitelist. Just thought a heads-up was in order. Thanks again for your efforts on the server.

why was i banned? i never even got into the server

Hey Bob. A number of new (and seemingly nice) players have logged on and say they are not on the white list. Just thought a heads-up was in order. Thanks again for your efforts on the server.

There should not be a white list in place at his time. If they logged in without being on the white list...then everything should be working correctly.

Hello Bob.Server is running well? I'm asking because i got disconnected for some reason and now i can't get back in again.I think it was my bloomery that bugs out again,so sorry...

Please give me a shout if everything is running well.Thank you.

why was i banned? i never even got into the server

Hi Bobby,

You were banned as a precaution for the server.

Your "Bobby" account was created with hours of two other accounts that were created on this forum for the soul purpose of attacking me personally.

Your ign "eduardoyeverino" shows the same type of imagination and syntax as one of the other known griefers multiple accounts.

​The name "Bobby" is too close to my own and given the timing it makes me overly suspicious of you.

I simply think this is an alt account of one of the know griefers.

Now that you have attempted to log in to my server, I can compare your ISP to to the ISPs used by the disruptive players. If the ISP does not trace back to the same geographical area, I might let you in.

That said, I strongly encourage you to go find another server to play on as I am not feeling very forgiving at the moment.

If you truly had nothing to do with the attack on my server, and have truly been banned for no reason, you have my apologies and I wish you good gaming.

Bob

EDIT: And...no. I'm not un banning you.

Hello Bob.Server is running well? I'm asking because i got disconnected for some reason and now i can't get back in again.I think it was my bloomery that bugs out again,so sorry...

Please give me a shout if everything is running well.Thank you.

Just got done with my last final, I will be updating to 71 very soon. if that does not fix your bloomery issue, you may need to deconstruct it again.

Bob

Bob, "Eduardoyeverino" first logged into my server on the evening of 12/10, and has been on and off since then. I have not heard anyone reporting any foul play from him.

Hi Bobby,

You were banned as a precaution for the server.

Your "Bobby" account was created with hours of two other accounts that were created on this forum for the soul purpose of attacking me personally.

Your ign "eduardoyeverino" shows the same type of imagination and syntax as one of the other known griefers multiple accounts.

​The name "Bobby" is too close to my own and given the timing it makes me overly suspicious of you.

I simply think this is an alt account of one of the know griefers.

Now that you have attempted to log in to my server, I can compare your ISP to to the ISPs used by the disruptive players. If the ISP does not trace back to the same geographical area, I might let you in.

That said, I strongly encourage you to go find another server to play on as I am not feeling very forgiving at the moment.

If you truly had nothing to do with the attack on my server, and have truly been banned for no reason, you have my apologies and I wish you good gaming.

Bob

EDIT: And...no. I'm not un banning you.

Bob, "Eduardoyeverino" first logged into my server on the evening of 12/10, and has been on and off since then. I have not heard anyone reporting any foul play from him.

Thank you.

The IP he logged in with

99.49.240.68 United States Texas Richardson

At T Internet Services

Matches one that one of my griefers "Gmodcinematic" logged in with

99.161.170.129 United States Texas Richardson At T Internet Services

Just a little too close for me to let him back on to Roanoke. Call me paranoid.

I am however glad he found a home and I hope you don't have similar experiences on your server.

Bob

Server has been updated to B2 build 71.

It appears to me that at this time you only need to download and replace the mod zip.

Message that appears when i try to log on you'r server:

"Disconected By Server:Your Client is not running a new enough version of FML to connect to the server"

Forge Modloader installed version is: minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.0.395

Tried with version 1.4.5-6.4.0.438 and 1.4.5-6.4.0.439,Same message on both versions.

what am i doing wrong?

EDIT:Don't know if is worth to mention,with forge version 1.4.5-6.4.0.395 installed works well on other servers,only on Roanoke i'm getting this message...

Edited by samaban

Message that appears when i try to log on you'r server:

"Disconected By Server:Your Client is not running a new enough version of FML to connect to the server"

Forge Modloader installed version is: minecraftforge-universal-1.4.5-6.4.0.395

Tried with version 1.4.5-6.4.0.438 and 1.4.5-6.4.0.439,Same message on both versions.

what am i doing wrong?

Your not alone. Others are getting the same message.

I can log in just fine though...all I did was swap out the mod file on the server and "this" computer.

Perhaps the download page was not edited and we are not using the correct forge. I'm doing by best to figure it out.

Bob

Also,i did a clean installation when switching between Forge versions and TFC build.Maybe i shouldn't do it and replaced only the TFC core b71 on mods folder?I'm hoping this will get fixed soon!Thanks for you'r efforts on the server,Bob!

Ok Samaban,

There are 4 other logged on now. all they did was swap out the mod.zip.

If you backed up the working ver of your minecraft.jar w/395 try it again. if not..maybe rebuild it from a fresh dl of vanilla minecraft.jar.

Bob

EDIT: I'm off to my night- non minecraft- job. Good luck sir!

Ok Samaban,

There are 4 other logged on now. all they did was swap out the mod.zip.

If you backed up the working ver of your minecraft.jar w/395 try it again. if not..maybe rebuild it from a fresh dl of vanilla minecraft.jar.

Bob

EDIT: I'm off to my night- non minecraft- job. Good luck sir!

Thank you!Ok i deleted .minecraft folder and start downloading all over again.Everything was working fine until i realized i didn't made a backup of the server list,meaning that i lost Roanoke server address and when i went back to read the original post,the address wasn't there either :P

oh well,guess won't be playing minecraft tonight...

When you have the time,please write down the server address on the first page.Thank you!

Edit: never mind,found a way to get the server.dat file back from the dead :)

Edited by samaban

99.161.170.129 United States Texas Richardson At T Internet Services

Bob

That's actually AT&T (U-verse, or whatever) I think, not "At T Internet". The office in Richardson is the one on the IP block registration - don't think it's where the IPs are handed out. Those two IPs are actually in separately allocated blocks (one a /9, one /10). That's in the neighborhood of 10 million IPs, which is an order of magnitude more than the population of Richardson - almost 2 orders, in fact. :)

http://whois.arin.ne...-99-0-0-0-1/pft

http://whois.arin.ne...9-128-0-0-1/pft

That's actually AT&T (U-verse, or whatever) I think, not "At T Internet". The office in Richardson is the one on the IP block registration - don't think it's where the IPs are handed out. Those two IPs are actually in separately allocated blocks (one a /9, one /10). That's in the neighborhood of 10 million IPs, which is an order of magnitude more than the population of Richardson - almost 2 orders, in fact. :)

http://whois.arin.ne...-99-0-0-0-1/pft

http://whois.arin.ne...9-128-0-0-1/pft

Thanks for the lesson. I do my best with this tech stuff.

I saw the matching Richardson Tx and simply assumed.

Glad he found a good home on your server. I'll take him off the list in my initial post.

Bob

Samaban,

I killed your bloomery and restarted the server.

Bbushh,

I checked your place and picked up some stuff that looked liked it dropped, (ignot) and put it in your chest.

Bob

Bob, sorry to bother you, but I think my bloomery crashed the server. >.< I'll PM the coords (not broadcasting them in the clear).

Bob, sorry to bother you, but I think my bloomery crashed the server. >.< I'll PM the coords (not broadcasting them in the clear).

I killed your bloomery and put the trays in a nearby chest. also updating to build 72.

Hey Bob, just tested your server, i have to say im impressed, very goo server, really like it.

Do you have any place where i can see a map of the world?

Hey Bob, just tested your server, i have to say im impressed, very goo server, really like it.

Do you have any place where i can see a map of the world?

Thank you very much for visiting and the kind words.

I do not currently have a map of the world. I am unaware of how to generate one without using bukkit/dynamap. Ial so like the idea of keeping the world a mystery to myself and players. Its fun to have to go explore to...explore.

I hope you join us again.

Bob

The population of Roanoke have asked me to select a mod for the server. I in turn, turned the selection over to the players.

Please PM me your nomination for the first mod.

Please include:

Your in game name.

Their in game name.

Why you feel they should have OP power.

After a reasonable amount of time, and review of the server logs to see how the nominated players interact with the community at large, I will elevate the player with the most "votes"

Bob

Hey Bob. Just reporting that someone stole all (and I do mean all) of my stuff and poked holes in my bridge. It happened between 1730 and 2230 hours today. I don't know if you can do anything or not. Please message back if you can. Thanks. P.S. I live near spawn in the old wooden tower.

Greetings all.

We suffered another attack by the same group.

I have identified and banned this round of attackers.

I have rolled the server back to

13th Dec 2012, 3:41pm GMT.

ALL damage done was reversed.

I am sorry for any items and work you may have lost in the rollback.

It was suggested by a very new player that I simply go into creative mode and simply rebuild/replace everything that was lost. However, that option is not viable for me at this time.

Bob