Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zandorum

[WIP] Mod Conversion/Creation Hub

101 posts in this topic

Not gonna lie, I'm really looking forward to this. I realize some people probably think Thaumcraft isn't a good fit for TFCraft; one is a survival-focused game based on the rigors of metallurgy, while the other is about alchemy and magic. But the quality and attention to detail of both of these mods are really on a similar par. If magic of any kind were ever introduced to TFCraft, I would hope there would be as much detail put into it as Thaumcraft does. I am in favor of any mod that gives you reasons to keep exploring, keep collecting, and keep crafting, but whenever I try to play another mod I miss TFC's features terribly, so I'd love a community compatibility patch to make them work well together.

Maybe consider adding Twilight Forest to the mix, since that's kind of a natural companion mod for Thaumcraft and I think could use some support for both TFC's crafting and Thaumcraft's alchemy.

I haven't played with Redpower, but I understand it is similar in that it adds another tier of complexity to the game. So I'm looking forward to that too.

I don't like Twilight Forest personally so I wont be doing as such. I cant say the same for ShawnB though. Ask him.

I hesitate to ask this.... but will the redpower patch allow(read: possibly allow) TFC to have redpowers microblocks? I ask specifically because of the frames feature.

that is assuming ello does not shut it down

thaumcraft will be the best choice due of the guide line of the terrafirmacraft mod ( he will fit better than Rp2 in the world of tfc)

This is what I'm working on so far, and I'll probably be sticking to this order as well:

• Railcraft
  • Buildcraft
  • Forestry
  • Thermalexpansion
  • IC2
  • Gregtech
I could use some help with balance though. Most mods require the furnace as a base item, how should that be handled? Also, I'm wondering if you should be able to make peat from bog earth. Should the Railcraft blast furnace recipe be changed from nether parts?

I don't like Twilight Forest personally so I wont be doing as such. I cant say the same for ShawnB though. Ask him.

I really wasn't planning on doing it. Even with the fix for other dimensions in, it still has a number of issues which cause the game to crash upon loading it. Even with those fixes in too, it'll still only spawn 32m deep of rock, which will be minecraft vanilla blocks and the mobs will have vanilla health.

Mystcraft looks like its in a similar boat. It is calls the overworld generator most of the time, but crashes due to the way TFC worlds are generated. TFC also seems to interrupt it's packet handler, so using descriptive books does nothing but drop them on the ground.

I hesitate to ask this.... but will the redpower patch allow(read: possibly allow) TFC to have redpowers microblocks? I ask specifically because of the frames feature.

that is assuming ello does not shut it down

TFC microblocks wouldn't be so easy to do. It is probably possible, but not without editting both TFC base files and RP2 base files. If Eloraam isn't cool with anything it is probably people screwing around with her code instead of building upon it.

thaumcraft will be the best choice due of the guide line of the terrafirmacraft mod ( he will fit better than Rp2 in the world of tfc)

Odinzzz, a quick little tip about English: objects in English that don't have an explicit gender (like a boy or a girl, versus a book) are considered gender neutral and refereed to as "it" versus "he/she."

Odinzzz, a quick little tip about English: objects in English that don't have an explicit gender (like a boy or a girl, versus a book) are considered gender neutral and refereed to as "it" versus "he/she."

yes yes,,, But i already make an effort to write this quote in english so plz dont annoy me with minor syntax error XD (but thx for the tip)

Hey if you guys aren't interested in Twilight Forest, I'm fine with that. You're the ones doing all the work! :D

Honestly, just getting Thaumcraft in there with TFC would be a godsend. If you get around to the other mods you listed it'd really be something else.

Intrested to see this patch in action.

Compatability is a great goal for the larger mods, even if some of them arnt for everyone its nice to at least have the option to put them together with TFC.

Good work.

Can you make small patches for the following two mods they add a lot of believability to the industrial world which at this point in time is missing out on that a bit.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1578105-146forge-cogs-of-the-machine-v012b-now-with-lethal-weapons/

Cogs of the Machine, adds gears as an early energy system and steam power. Think pre-electric steampunk.

http://calclavia.com/universalelectricity/?m=Assembly%20Line

Assembly Line, a UE mod that adds a sorting system based on conveyor belts, it is in very early development but I think it would be nice to be prepared for when it does come out.

as long as no editing happens to TFC, I'm cool with it.

Im doing my best to avoid it.

Excellent!

I haven't been posting to not drum up support if it couldn't have been released, but have been working on it anyways.

Here is a list of current progress:

• Buildcraft: 80%
  • Railcraft: 90%
  • IC2: 80%
  • Forestry: 0%
  • Themal Expansion: 0%
  • GregTech: 0%
Railcraft is pretty much done, it just needs testing. Buildcraft just needs oil spawning in the world; IC2 just needs rubber trees spawning.

Thermal Expansion should be rather easy to do, just haven't started it yet.

Forestry is going to be a little more difficult. TFC biomes are starkly different than what vanilla uses, so bees will need to check to the weather in TFC instead of just the biome. Also, I'd love some feedback on what you guys think about some of the mods aspects; like making peat in pretty much record time.

GregTech is also going to be more difficult. The mod needs aluminum, titanium and tungsten. That means it will also need bauxite, rutile and wolframite. It'll probably be the last thing on the list to do.

Can new ores be plugged in TFC generation? Does aluminium in Greg's using stupid smelting mechanics or is it require electricity?

Mind that all furnaces should implement TFC version of cooking, not conventional progress bar. Other than that, I have no problem with systems, they just will require some tweaking to work as in - how much time it takes.

As for Forestry peat bogs, remember, they use wheat or whatever to work. Hay doesn't come that easy in TFC, all I can see autofarming machines do is keeping nutrient levels as high as possible, that's about it. That way grain still grows good couple on months.

Or were you asking about something else?

Couple of questions for everyone, has anyone ever found a kimberlite deposit before?

Lots of mods love to use gold because its fairly plentiful in vanilla, but a lot less so here. How does everyone feel if there are options in some cases to substitute it out for rose gold?

In cases where hard gems are required, I'm thinking of requiring anything with a hardness of 9.0+ (diamond, ruby, sapphire), or T6 steel.

Can new ores be plugged in TFC generation?

Sure. They'll inherit TFC classes so that in essence, they "are" TFC ores.

Does aluminium in Greg's using stupid smelting mechanics or is it require electricity?

Do you mean about aluminum's low melting point compared to iron?

Mind that all furnaces should implement TFC version of cooking, not conventional progress bar. Other than that, I have no problem with systems, they just will require some tweaking to work as in - how much time it takes.

I like the idea, but probably won't work on it right away. I'd rather get everything in place first, then tweak the rest of the stuff.

As for Forestry peat bogs, remember, they use wheat or whatever to work. Hay doesn't come that easy in TFC, all I can see autofarming machines do is keeping nutrient levels as high as possible, that's about it. That way grain still grows good couple on months.

You only need mulch to make bog earth in the carpenter. It just requires dirt, sand and water on a crafting table.

Only Thaumcraft interests me out of the group so far mentioned, it's one of the few mods I've actually tried since finding TFC and frankly it may not be as massive and sweeping as TFC, but it's creativity is easily on par. I hope you get this to work.

Couple of questions for everyone, has anyone ever found a kimberlite deposit before?

I did once but it's been quite a few builds back so I could be remembering incorrectly. (I can't look back on the world, I always play on Hardcore)

Lots of mods love to use gold because its fairly plentiful in vanilla, but a lot less so here. How does everyone feel if there are options in some cases to substitute it out for rose gold?

I would make it so that you can use either. Also If the use seems electronic you could always have it use other tier2 metals (such as the bronzes) instead if it's supposed to be more common.

Do you mean about aluminum's low melting point compared to iron?

I think they mean getting aluminum out of it's bonded ore state by heating it up then using electrolysis to separate out the aluminum. And no the mods I've seen only require smelting aluminum ore usually.

I am looking forward to Thaumcraft the most, but it would be interesting to rig up some toys to help mine. Or like make an auto-meal machine. /drool

Please make the pipes link up to the food prep counter :wub:

Zandorum and Shawn B. You guys are amazing!! A mod pack for TFC with IC2, Buildcraft, Redpower and Thaumcraft. Could life get any better? I submit that it cannot!! Thank you gentleman for all your hard work!!!

Has anyone found a pitchblende deposit before? If yes, how big was it?

Only Thaumcraft interests me out of the group so far mentioned, it's one of the few mods I've actually tried since finding TFC and frankly it may not be as massive and sweeping as TFC, but it's creativity is easily on par. I hope you get this to work.

It totally depends on your play style.

Personally, I get bored when getting to the top of the metals tier then just end up starting over. Varying the late-end game process could make TFC a lot more fun to play for extended periods of time. However, Thaumcraft could make the whole medieval theme much more immersive and rewarding.

I would make it so that you can use either. Also If the use seems electronic you could always have it use other tier2 metals (such as the bronzes) instead if it's supposed to be more common.

I'm going to avoid doing that. Swapping out gold for rose gold already quarters the gold requirement, allowing any T2 metal in would basically defeat having a rare item required.

The only instance I have rose gold or gold in so far is when building BC gold gears. Needing four gold per gear seems excessive when deposits are fairly small and rare. What kind of gold deposits have you guys been finding during your play-throughs so far?

And shocking, most copper alloys are not nearly as conductive as their parts:

http://www.kp44.org/...OfMaterials.php

I think they mean getting aluminum out of it's bonded ore state by heating it up then using electrolysis to separate out the aluminum. And no the mods I've seen only require smelting aluminum ore usually.

I've only seen aluminum spawn in XyCraft and GregTech. Getting alunmium in XyCraft is pretty easy, it spawns in its elemental form as ore which cooks in a furnace. GregTech does it far more realisitically by having it spawn in gems and in bauxite. Processing aluminum ores either requires elemental sodium/potassium and a vacuum, or an electrolyzer.

Since TFC is based on what is believable, I'm going with the later. It'll require GregTech for aluminum, but it has no use except in GregTech.

I am looking forward to Thaumcraft the most, but it would be interesting to rig up some toys to help mine. Or like make an auto-meal machine. /drool

Please make the pipes link up to the food prep counter :wub:

Maybe... But it'll probably be difficult to get it to work as expected :(

Zandorum and Shawn B. You guys are amazing!! A mod pack for TFC with IC2, Buildcraft, Redpower and Thaumcraft. Could life get any better? I submit that it cannot!! Thank you gentleman for all your hard work!!!

Sure! I'm happy that people will play this when done :)

Has anyone found a pitchblende deposit before? If yes, how big was it?

Well, I did. It was fairly big, about 20 blocks. But it was very long back, before most of ore generation changes.

As for kimberlite, I keep finding it fairly frequently, and bid deposits too. Athough it drops 0-1 TFC diamonds of random quality, so there's not that high of a gain.

Cogs and wheels to me seems like a more believeable version of better than wolves but i do think thats 1 along with thaumcraft 3 that should fit in nicely as optional expansion to TFC

Shawn and Zandorum,

How is work coming along? Getting really excited!!! I really would like to do a spotlight or lets play on this. Keep up the amazing work!! And thanks again!!

If your stuck on Redpowers generation I would think about just disabling it. Theres no real need for volcanoes, TFC worlds are pretty good for lava and basalt. Metals wise we are good aswell, Its the nikolite for blulectric stuff thats going to be the main thing there, Not sure if you could have one of the less used TFC ores produce nikolite dust if the Devs dont want you messing with TFC code.

How TFC would handle its finite water with redpower pumps & grates though might be a bit strange.

Can see why your working on the Thaumcraft world gen though, the vis crystal ores and aura tick are pretty much indivisable from the mod as a whole. Might want to hit up Marcopolo from better ore distribution as well as the TFC devs.

Personaly from experience choping and changing mods with TFC, its always been TFCs unique worldgen thats been the main stumbling block for any other mod which needs nonstandard materials. Although a few times it was issues with Chests that did it more recently.

Sounds to me like from this post in the OP that there has been some issues with the dev's. I have tried contacting both Zandorum and Shawn B. but there hasnt been any response yet. Hopefully this is still alive and well.

Note:

Apparently the Admins don't want us releasing the patches and mods we make for this so when we finish them we will figure out how to distribute them without going against the creators of TFC. If we have to go against the creators of TFC im not sure what we will do I'd rather not piss them off.

Sounds to me like from this post in the OP that there has been some issues with the dev's. I have tried contacting both Zandorum and Shawn B. but there hasnt been any response yet. Hopefully this is still alive and well.

They're ok with it, as long as no editing of the TFC files happens.

I see. I do remember that discussion earlier in the post. Never mind my uninformed post!!

Unfortunatly I'm imagining that they are getting told exactly the same thing by the makers of the other major mods.

Really, any mod team would do well to have a 'compatability' guy or two, just to focus on keeping up with the communitys favoured mod combinations. If only so the ones developing the mod wouldnt have to spend time on such things.