Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zandorum

[WIP] Mod Conversion/Creation Hub

101 posts in this topic

wow guy, take it easy there.

*grumble*... OKEY :D

As I'm going to be starting up a TFC server again I would love to try the TC3 patch on my server when you get it done. If you need suggestions, I'm great with suggestions

A suggestion, avoid making the Nether, figure out a way to don't do it.

If you want to know why look at tfc world provider and how nether is generated you'll figure it out... I think.

What in the Nether does TC3 require?

Err... excuse me, but was that an intentional pun? ._.

Maybe? I can be serious and funny at the same time :D

A suggestion, avoid making the Nether, figure out a way to don't do it.

If you want to know why look at tfc world provider and how nether is generated you'll figure it out... I think.

I could just make it so you can Transmute items from the Nether, an extension to the transmutation tree.

As a Sidenote, I got the Trees and Ores spawning correctly. TC3 Infused Ore's have Higher spawn ratios in Biomes that reflect them the best as well as

it being effected by the aura like its supposed to be. TC3 ores are randomly placed with no rhyme or reason like normal, not because of limitations but because

it adds variation. Note: I will setup the TC3 ores so they reflect the rock they spawned in as well like TFC ores do now.

P.S. This is a slow progress for a few reasons:

1. TC3 is being updated alot.

2. Im still learning how TFC works.

3. General laziness and lack of time due to work.

3. General laziness and lack of time due to work.

Like every modder. Relax and take your time

I know I would be willing to donate to help the cause. Really excited about this project!! Totally wish I knew how to program and I would help!!

Like every modder. Relax and take your time

Its nice to hear that not everyone goes bananas over something like this and screams finish it as spit flies from their mouth.

I know I would be willing to donate to help the cause. Really excited about this project!! Totally wish I knew how to program and I would help!!

I'm not 100% sure what the Terms of Conditions are for TFC so I wont say I wont accept donations but I'm not saying I will until I read it. I feel cheap accepting money

for this kind of thing though.

I feel cheap accepting money for this kind of thing though.

Eh... it's hard to mail rotary debuggers and/or debugging fluid. Easier to send $5 and let you get your own. :)

Zandorum, I'm currently doing something really similar. So far I've managed to fix the crashing when the world generator creates other dimensions than the overworld. I've tested the nether and the end and they both work as expected. This fix should work for any mod that expects to see vanilla generation outside the overworld, like Mystcraft or Twilight forest (they'll generate with vanilla blocks though).

The only caveat with nether generation is that Minecraft uses a 1:1 mapping on the y plane, so if you build a nether portal on the surface of a TFC map you'll end up 20m above the bedrock in the nether.

All vanilla mobs are using TFC's custom health system, nether mobs included.

I also have Railcraft partly converted to use TFC resources.

My ultimate aim is to attempt to get some of the high tech mods like IC2, BC3, forestry and thermal expansion and Greg's tech in to see how they play on a TFC world. It could be interesting in progressing all the way from the stone age to the space age in the course of the same game.

Zandorum, I'm currently doing something really similar. So far I've managed to fix the crashing when the world generator creates other dimensions than the overworld. I've tested the nether and the end and they both work as expected. This fix should work for any mod that expects to see vanilla generation outside the overworld, like Mystcraft or Twilight forest (they'll generate with vanilla blocks though).

The only caveat with nether generation is that Minecraft uses a 1:1 mapping on the y plane, so if you build a nether portal on the surface of a TFC map you'll end up 20m above the bedrock in the nether.

All vanilla mobs are using TFC's custom health system, nether mobs included.

I also have Railcraft partly converted to use TFC resources.

My ultimate aim is to attempt to get some of the high tech mods like IC2, BC3, forestry and thermal expansion and Greg's tech in to see how they play on a TFC world. It could be interesting in progressing all the way from the stone age to the space age in the course of the same game.

Collab?

shawnB: a fix like that is exactly why I love modding. if possible, send it bioxx's way. or go with Zand's offer :D

either or, dont care either way :)

Collab?

Absolutely. Let's keep coordinated so we don;t double up on the work we are doing.

Not gonna lie, I'm really looking forward to this. I realize some people probably think Thaumcraft isn't a good fit for TFCraft; one is a survival-focused game based on the rigors of metallurgy, while the other is about alchemy and magic. But the quality and attention to detail of both of these mods are really on a similar par. If magic of any kind were ever introduced to TFCraft, I would hope there would be as much detail put into it as Thaumcraft does. I am in favor of any mod that gives you reasons to keep exploring, keep collecting, and keep crafting, but whenever I try to play another mod I miss TFC's features terribly, so I'd love a community compatibility patch to make them work well together.

Maybe consider adding Twilight Forest to the mix, since that's kind of a natural companion mod for Thaumcraft and I think could use some support for both TFC's crafting and Thaumcraft's alchemy.

I haven't played with Redpower, but I understand it is similar in that it adds another tier of complexity to the game. So I'm looking forward to that too.

I honestly think those two mods would fit together fairly well. I'd be happier if bioxx would add support into TFC for Thaumcraft. Well, someway or another implement the work being done here into TFC.

Both mods would compliment eachother very well. Gonna keep an eye on this. Looking forward to your progress.

How's it going to work with a RP tfc patch when RP itself isn't done for 1.4.5 yet?

EDIT: Oh wait, sorry about that, apparently it is now.

Incorrect RP2 pr6 is out now.

It's done for 1.4.6, and she has a stable build for .5 but she didn't upload it (yet)

Incorrect RP2 pr6 is out now.

Came... In my pants. Ok idk Im out of sorts idk what I want to do more TC3 or RP2!

Yeah i watched Direwolf20's mod spotlight 2 hours after upload and god damn it looks cool! those windturbines man!