Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cornbread4u2

Kill mobs, get corpse

23 posts in this topic

I would like to add the idea of corpses to the game... kill a cow and get raw beef? i think get the corpse and you have to cut it up with a knife to get the meat and leather. same for the feathers and meat of a chicken. maybe you can get bones too. i dunno, sounds cool

Perhaps with the addition of a cleaver and a butcher's table or something...

that would be interesting, simple to add a new recipe. for a butcher knife, if it only is a craftable item, thats cool, but it should be like a tool and be able to be used in the field, with a less return of course, to make the "butcher table/cooking table" more efficient

The idea is interesting and is something that I've actually thought a bit about. We'll have to see once I get to the mob stage.

The idea is interesting and is something that I've actually thought a bit about. We'll have to see once I get to the mob stage.

Would this work in some where with the Fauna part of the farming stuff to come maybe?

right, i think with the addition of the knife, adding in the corpses as an item and making the animals drop something different shouldn't be that hard, again i have no idea how java works so i could be completely wrong. also crafting it with a different tool will get different results.

Ok if I'm reading that right: say you kill a creeper, it drops a 'creeper corpse' and from there you proceed to carve it up with your knife and then nom nom nom? I don't think you could cook creeper meat now that I think about it. You'd blow up tossing your creeper burger on the fire to cook!

Ok if I'm reading that right: say you kill a creeper, it drops a 'creeper corpse' and from there you proceed to carve it up with your knife and then nom nom nom? I don't think you could cook creeper meat now that I think about it. You'd blow up tossing your creeper burger on the fire to cook!

potentially yes, but i was thinking about it more for the neutral mobs like pigs and chickens and the like. the only problem i see is that it wouldnt be mo'creatures compatible but... eventually this mod looks to surpass even that weakness with its own mobs

Haha, while the creeper would deserve it... I think this is more along the lines of cows chicken pigs and sheep for now. There has been talk of additional wild life.. I am hoping for bears, large cats, and anything else that can be thought up to fit the mod.

Hahaha yea I know it wasn't meant for creeper meat but that's a different story lol.

but yeah, interesting suggestion, should it also include the non neutral mobs, zombie corpse, creeper corpse, things like that would be interesting to add and think about

but yeah, interesting suggestion, should it also include the non neutral mobs, zombie corpse, creeper corpse, things like that would be interesting to add and think about

Can you get more bones from a skeleton, or other creature? Can you scrape up bone meal? Is this just a really creepie idea now? :D

Can you get more bones from a skeleton, or other creature? Can you scrape up bone meal? Is this just a really creepie idea now? :D

well to tag along with my compost idea, i think bonemeal should be removed, but i also think that bones could have other uses, like used in arrows(shaft), (ik add to suggestion page, will do) other things as well. bonemeal stew, sounds gross but ppl did it

Skeleton? That isn't very realistic isn't it all minecraft offensive mobs should be removed. I mean creepers? Never heard off a person who died by a creeper in real life. Bears, foxes, wolfs, etc, etc, etc. those are real things that should fit in this mod.

Skeleton? That isn't very realistic isn't it all minecraft offensive mobs should be removed. I mean creepers? Never heard off a person who died by a creeper in real life. Bears, foxes, wolfs, etc, etc, etc. those are real things that should fit in this mod.

while its true that those dont fit very well, it goes away from the fantasy feel that i like about mineraft. i think something similar should be in there

I rather like the whole kill mob, get corpse bit, it even fits in with the DF inspiration with the possibility of butcher tables and tanning. Just a few thoughts

• Corpses would probably be unstackable to fit in with the limited space precident.
  • Like mentioned above, could be a field dressing knife for pre butchery phase (netting less materials or just a generic shank of meat item?)
  • Would butchering corpses (via table) have a anvil like minigame to it? how well you do could determine how many materials youd get out of it.
  • Would butchering corpses give current vanilla mc mob drops or would it go full blown DF style skins(tanning), fat (tallow for flux/tanning/candles etc), bones, skulls, random organs instead of just meat products?
  • If it were to go that route, this would be an alternative source of bones in case the skeletons or fantasy style mobs get phased out.
  • if fantasy mobs do get phased out, corpse/food rot could be implemented, as this would put the rotten meat item to use in the absence of zombies.
I am not sure if those are too out of scope for the corpse idea or if that needs to be a seperate butchery topic. If that is allright I will go ahead and make a seperate topic for butchery related things and reference this page, and some of the suggestions.

well to tag along with my compost idea, i think bonemeal should be removed, but i also think that bones could have other uses, like used in arrows(shaft), (ik add to suggestion page, will do) other things as well. bonemeal stew, sounds gross but ppl did it

hmm, is bonemeal usable as a flux?

Haha, while the creeper would deserve it... I think this is more along the lines of cows chicken pigs and sheep for now. There has been talk of additional wild life.. I am hoping for bears, large cats, and anything else that can be thought up to fit the mod.

please, please, PLEASE let me make kebab then!

i am actualy going to be starting a hunters update thread in the suggestions and this is one of my ideas, i am going to be expanding and explainging possible ways things could be done, when i get it up please check it out to expand on anything i say or you would like to see

i am actualy going to be starting a hunters update thread in the suggestions and this is one of my ideas, i am going to be expanding and explainging possible ways things could be done, when i get it up please check it out to expand on anything i say or you would like to see

when you start post, link it here with an edit or a new post, idc, id like to have a reference to it, id prob edit my post and add it there.

Well, this mod is based of of dwarf fortress, and I never heard of a miner getting brutally murdred by demons while being told to mine all the adamantine by his greedy overseer. What I'm trying to say is, I think a little fantasy is exceptable, and I mean, who would want to take away our iconic creeper.

Well, this mod is based of of dwarf fortress, and I never heard of a miner getting brutally murdred by demons while being told to mine all the adamantine by his greedy overseer. What I'm trying to say is, I think a little fantasy is exceptable, and I mean, who would want to take away our iconic creeper.

I do. Give me all mobs that hit me, shoot me, etc but not something that blows up my house and gets stuck in the unsolid leaves now.

Walking around with a bunch of corpses?

Nah, you butcher animals on tables if you breed them.

Since you can only breed chickens it would just feel wrong having 10-60 dead pigs in your pockets, dragging them off to your home

;).

Jokes aside, why doesn't the corpse just stay where it is, you right click with a knife and meat comes out!

1-4 pieces per strike, based of chance.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0