Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmizzle

Minecraft won't start

54 posts in this topic

Because I have no idea what your post means.

"All here?"

It's a way to say "Is only this the problem?"

EDIT: Or simply "All?"

It's a way to say "Is only this the problem?"

EDIT: Or simply "All?"

Ah, must be an Italian thing. Hehe

Ah, must be an Italian thing. Hehe

Almost yes. It's annoying that I can't translate it correctly. We have many funny ways to say things, but I can't...

Ok, let's finish this up so I can play this mod. All I did to install PlayerAPI was drag and drop the contents of the PlayerAPI zip into the minecraft.jar. Is this the correct procedure?

Indeed I did good sir and don't worry, I'm starting to wonder if a dummy could've figured this out faster than I could :/

alas! I figured it out! The problem I was having all night was.. I didn't put the forge zip into the mod folder. Once I did that, it worked. So basically anyone who has problems getting it to load, drag the files from forge and player api into the .jar file and then add the zips for tfc and forge to the mods folder. Hopefully it works for everyone else. (:

Although I really thought that idea wouldn't work because it goes against what amount of intuition I have about programming and file management, I tried it anyway. Alas, it did not work...

Although I really thought that idea wouldn't work because it goes against what amount of intuition I have about programming and file management, I tried it anyway. Alas, it did not work...

You know what?

Just for kicks, right click Minecraft.exe and "Run as Administrator"

I'm curious.

Edit, after properly installing TFC and NOT putting forge and API in the mods folder

Result is another crash. And I immediately took forge and API out of the mods folder after it failed haha :D

As long as I'm using the version of forge that TFC was built on, I don't see why using a different version of forge would make a difference...but I did get to thinking, is version 1.1 of API too new to be recognized by that version of forge? Just a guess...

I tried making what you made, jmizzle, with the same mods that you used and it works. The problem should be in another thing.

Dang. I have no idea what the problem could be. You just drop all the PlayerAPI files into the minecraft.jar right? I think we've narrowed it down to API being the problem...

Dang. I have no idea what the problem could be. You just drop all the PlayerAPI files into the minecraft.jar right? I think we've narrowed it down to API being the problem...

Yeah, after forge you drop them. Up to here it's all right.

Then why isn't API being recognized by forge? Hmm...

You were installing API before forge this entire time?

Well THERE'S your problem. xD

Forge ALWAYS comes first

I did install forge before API. Sorry for the confusion. Still haven't figured out the problem though :/

Just for fun, I tried installing PlayerAPI before forge and somehow got the same results; Minecraft started and forge worked perfectly, but API did not work. Could this also be a clue that points to a malfunction with my API?

If you want you can try my .minecraft directory.

Woops forgot about that legal stuff.

ehm, Raumis...it's illegal. At least remove the link after jmizzle gets it ok?

Precisely, but I did download it specifically for testing purposes. Delete that link so nobody gets in trouble and it will be deleted from my computer immediately after testing. Thank you. Results to follow shortly.

So I tried that, and still had the same results. Minecraft would only start if I took out TFC. All the other mods that he had worked, but TFC would not even start. I'm starting to lose ideas :/

So I tried that, and still had the same results. Minecraft would only start if I took out TFC. All the other mods that he had worked, but TFC would not even start. I'm starting to lose ideas :/

And that leads me to guess that API is not working yet again. All other mods that only require forge are working, but the one mod that requires forge and API are not working...

Now I've got an even bigger problem. I can't even start a new world with forge installed. It gets stuck on the building world screen right before you would spawn. I started with a fresh .minecraft directory and it worked fine, then once I installed forge it worked fine up until I tried to build a world. God dangit :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0