Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Warlord2150

NPCs?

NPCs?   31 members have voted

1. 1. NPCs?

• Vanilla (defensless, some can trade with gems)
    • Advanced (scriptable, guards, traders, resource gatherers, etc)
    • Followers (guards, similar to wolves)
    • Mindless (spawn near 'houses', wanders aimlessly nearby)
    • None of the above, but I have a better idea for npcs
    • No villagers ever, ever, ever!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

Either youre not understanding and saying kill it, or youre just not reading it at all. Im not saying it should be implemented into the default TFC. Im not even suggesting any will even consider it. The purpose of a forum is for discussion. I am discussing the idea of NPCs. If you dont like the idea, dont participate. There are a lot of other buttons to click on in these forums. Alternatively, inform the group you dont like the idea and why, then argue for or against. Or dont. But dont troll the idea of a suggestion. That is what this forum is for, and I simply wanted to take a poll of who likes and dislikes the idea. OBVIOUSLY the game devs dont want to do the work involved in coding NPCs, and thats fine. It is also what independent modders are for.

and we are saying the entire discussion for NPC's is absolutely useless since if you used the forum search function like it says in the sticky ones on how to post, you'd notice that the discussion for npc's has been held time and time again and there will be no budging on the subject, so its no use discussing something that will never happen, its like discussing what types of aliens there are, before you even know there are aliens.

And once again, youre not reading before you post. Im not interested in if TFC devs want to budge or not. The world does not revolve around them.

And FYI, aliens totally exist.

It's matematically impossible for them not to exist.

*Most interesting contribution i have ever done in this thread*

Speaking of aliens!

DId you guys hear about the planet they found a few months back? Something like 90% pure diamond.

Speaking of aliens!

DId you guys hear about the planet they found a few months back? Something like 90% pure diamond.

Yep. I can imagine some vanilla MC players asking for a mod that let's you go there... lol

Yep. I can imagine some vanilla MC players asking for a mod that let's you go there... lol

Already exists, it's the portals mod I think. You can go in a world full of ores, there is also diamond, and a lot of it!

EDIT: This means that they already asked :P

And once again, youre not reading before you post. Im not interested in if TFC devs want to budge or not. The world does not revolve around them.

you're the one not reading properly, its a NO, stop bringing it up, if its suggested and accepted its a yes, if its a no it will remain a no, i am pointing you to the countless of previous no's so shortly summarized Posted Image

And once again, you can no all you want. Thus bringing us back to the point of the poll. Thank you. :)

And once again, you can no all you want. Thus bringing us back to the point of the poll. Thank you. :)

Look, the point killster is trying to make, is that this is a suggestions forum. When a suggestion was already rejected, there isn't any point in keep arguing. I get what you tried to do with this poll; however, it's done in the wrong place. People wouldn't mind if you made this same poll in some other place, like the off topic section...

even if the poll went 100% in your direction, the dev's aren't adding npcs, end of story. If you'd paid attention to existing posts you'd know that

'only active forum mod'

I can haz mod? no? ok.

but really, I could help with it some. maybe. idk. we need more staff that exist only to be staff.

Things is, the TFC devs make the mod, they decide what goes in and what doesn't. So, this mod does, in fact, revolve around what they say. The world doesn't, but the world doesn't have NPCs, does it?

Also, you are aware that Dunk and Bioxx have said another very resounding "NO!" to any modifications/add-ons to TFC. That holds until beta is over and then it will be discussed again. But independent modders are not a thing for TFC, you can mod your own version, but you CANNOT distribute it at all, to anyone. And this forum isn't for the greater good of all MC mod development, so this thread really is pointless. I wouldn't mind so much if it was in discussion.

(Dunk, you should move it there, it should help the situation it puts you in somewhat.)

Also, you are aware that Dunk and Bioxx have said another very resounding "NO!" to any modifications/add-ons to TFC. That holds until beta is over and then it will be discussed again. But independent modders are not a thing for TFC, you can mod your own version, but you CANNOT distribute it at all, to anyone.

I never said to mod TFC. I would use mods with TFC. Frankly, I dont care one way or another on this topic in general, npcs or no. My inquiry was with the general populous and what they want, and that kind of spiraled out into the defense of the ability to ask whatever question I want, no matter how unpopular.

And this forum isn't for the greater good of all MC mod development, so this thread really is pointless.

Really? Isnt this mod to improve minecraft gameplay? Thus isnt it the community's job to improve on the game as we see fit? TFC staff isnt the only community, weather they made the mod or not. That is the purpose of a forum, to share ideas. Youre not going to like all ideas, but that doesnt mean staff have to troll their own forums, smiting any potentially good ideas. You never know when youre going to come across a good suggestion that could change TFC as we all know it.

Again, Im neither for nor against npcs, I just want a general opinion of everyone.

Also, aliens definitely exist.

Really? Isnt this mod to improve minecraft gameplay? Thus isnt it the community's job to improve on the game as we see fit? TFC staff isnt the only community, weather they made the mod or not. That is the purpose of a forum, to share ideas. Youre not going to like all ideas, but that doesnt mean staff have to troll their own forums, smiting any potentially good ideas. You never know when youre going to come across a good suggestion that could change TFC as we all know it.

But the devs themselves don't want to implement this maybe because they don't want to ruin the mod and spoil everything. They're the devs, they know what to do with the mod.

But the devs themselves don't want to implement this maybe because they don't want to ruin the mod and spoil everything. They're the devs, they know what to do with the mod.

So with that in mind, the devs obviously know everything, and this entire forum is useless. Well played.

So with that in mind, the devs obviously know everything, and this entire forum is useless. Well played.

Why do you keep playing with words? You know what I'm trying to say. If you don't want to understand, then good, but behave like this will not give you the NPCs.

they dont troll their own topics, they simply restate the same answer because they have a frikkin good set of reasons, which you'd known if you had read any previous thread on them.

also, it improves minecraft gameplay through believeability, AND NO NOT REALISM, being a SMP focused mod, NPC's have no point in here unless they'd be as skilled as the NPC's of AC3 but with a shitton more common sense.

also, saying to use mods WITH TFC = implying you dont like the way TFC currently is (and im not talking about smartmove or optifine, im talking gameplay altering mods, which makes me wonder, why not make a topic on that stating the advantages of it in the off topic subforum.

also, this entire thread would'v been better off in the discussion forum since there is no suggestion to speak of.

I would use mods with TFC

Hmm, the way TFC is going,I don't see this really being possible. There aren't many (if ANY) major content mods that work with TFC as most of the vanilla blocks are gone. If another mod did work with TFC, it would most probably hae to have a crossover mod, or made specifically to work with TFC.

Really? Isnt this mod to improve minecraft gameplay? Thus isnt it the community's job to improve on the game as we see fit? TFC staff isnt the only community, weather they made the mod or not. That is the purpose of a forum, to share ideas. Youre not going to like all ideas, but that doesnt mean staff have to troll their own forums, smiting any potentially good ideas.

No one was smiting a "potentially good" idea. While the idea of NPC's might be good, it just doesn't fit with TFC.

You never know when youre going to come across a good suggestion that could change TFC as we all know it.

Dunk reads ALL suggestions, and if it was very amazing, it would most probably be discussed with Bioxx, and possibly added into the game. If it was good, he would bring it to Bioxx. But NPC's? They have said NO.

Im not playing with words, Im quoting you. Whereas you are not. I have said repeatedly that Im not arguing one way or another, and at this point, am only arguing for the sake of being allowed to argue.

Im not playing with words, Im quoting you. Whereas you are not. I have said repeatedly that Im not arguing one way or another, and at this point, am only arguing for the sake of being allowed to argue.

what mr eyeball is trying to make you realize, which apparently is above your head, is that it goes without saying that they still listen to their community because else there wouldnt be this mod in the first place, its just that stuff thats been brought up before, will NOT BE REDISCUSSED UNLESS COMPELLING REASONS ARE GIVEN!

like ive been telling over and over again, STOP BEATING THE UNDEAD (given all the necroing on NPC's) HORSE!

but anyway, i cant be bothered dealing with your denial anymore, final post here.

Im not playing with words, Im quoting you.

I know that you're quoting me, but I can't say everything. You should imagine that what I said isn't the only cause to why devs don't want NPCs. There are other motivations, like this one: Bioxx wants this mod to be a SMP mod and for this he doesn't want NPCs. Again, this isn't the only motivation...

I am pretty sure this constitutes an argument, or at least a debate. And if you are only arguing for "the sake of being allowed to argue", why are you even continuing? There are going to be NO NPC'S, period. And you ARE playing with words. You said that he meant that the devs new everything. That is in fact, not what he said. He said the devs knew what to do with the mod, which, quite frankly is completely different.

I know that you're quoting me, but I can't say everything. You should imagine that what I said isn't the only cause to why devs don't want NPCs. There are other motivations, like this one: Bioxx wants this mod to be a SMP mod and for this he doesn't want NPCs. Again, this isn't the only motivation...

And this. Well said.

mr eyeball

You mean me, LOL?

Alrighty.. No NPCs, no reason to keep this open.. Sooo Pft! Closing :)

You said that he meant that the devs new everything. That is in fact, not what he said. He said the devs knew what to do with the mod, which, quite frankly is completely different.

Yeah, the eye alias kimbblesrath says the truth. However, let's stop this here and no one else will become more nervous ok? Just another of my small little tips that only some good guys follow.