Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
ECC

The Hades Code

128 posts in this topic

I think you should stop buying your keyboards from amazon ;P

and no.

THEFIGURFWLKGDOVHRUPVIIGMQXJNHYBWJSCOELPKNXYRFTKQM?

I see a start with "THE FIGUR..." but then it becomes a random jumble of letters -_-

THEFIGURFWLKGDOVHRUPVIIGMQXJNHYBWJSCOELPKNXYRFTKQM?

I see a start with "THE FIGUR..." but then it becomes a random jumble of letters -_-

I saw that too, then noticed there's an incrementing series of characters that are used for the first time throughout the message. EFGHIJK (there's an L in between the J and K in the code, so either typo or I'm totally wrong) appear for their first times in that order, which happens to be the same as the alphabet. I thought these could be spaces or keys to the encryption, but who knows? Probably just a coincidence.

Interesting, if not helpful.

I saw that too, then noticed there's an incrementing series of characters that are used for the first time throughout the message. EFGHIJK (there's an L in between the J and K in the code, so either typo or I'm totally wrong) appear for their first times in that order, which happens to be the same as the alphabet. I thought these could be spaces or keys to the encryption, but who knows? Probably just a coincidence.

Interesting, if not helpful.

I'm now matching each of the reflected sequence's letters to their corresponding numerical position in the alphabet. I have no fucking clue what I'll do after that, but it seems like a good idea. :P

Eh, I doubt its that complicated. It's more than likely just some version of the Caesar cypher (shifting the alphabet index like a decoder ring) with other stuff thrown in.

Edit: Just noticed there's an "I" near the beginning, so my first-appearance observation kinda falls apart...

its not complicated at all. surprised ditto hasn't piped up

It may not be hard, but this is like saying "here's a bunch of letters, now go have the whole internet in front of you and find exactly how to solve this thing I just made up." Well, I googled it, and guess what, nothing came up. It isn't morse, it isn't an anagram, if it's a Caesar cipher it would be damn hard to crack without a decoder. So what in bloody blazes is it?!?!??!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Oh, and here are those numbers...

T 20

H 8

E 5

F 6

I 9

G 7

U 21

R 18

F 6

W 23

L 12

K 11

G 7

D 4

O 15

V 22

H 8

R 18

U 21

P 16

V 22

I 9

I 9

G 7

M 13

Q 17

J 10

N 14

H 8

Y 25

B 2

W 23

J 10

S 19

C 3

O 15

E 5

L 12

P 16

K 11

N 14

Y 25

R 18

F 6

T 20

K 11

Q 17

M 13

I have been very busy this weekend working on the computer for my girlfriend.

https://plus.google....=CN-p55Gs94GLTg

Looking at your code now...

Posted Image

... ...Nope

relevant:

[13:52] <Ditto|work> ECC I bashed my head against that damn code of yours

[13:52] <Ditto|work> nothing good came of it

[13:52] <ECC> the new one?

[13:53] <Ditto|work> yes

[13:53] <ECC> god... that one I didnt even try hard to write. Like literally the worst I did was mirror the text.. which you all already figured out.

[13:54] <Ditto|work> It's simple for you, because you know the answer

[13:54] <ECC> no, look at the first few letters.

[13:54] <ECC> look at the words

[13:54] <Killster550|Wailing> choto wika woki flame

[13:55] <ECC> there are at least 3 distinct words in the phrase and that my friend is the key

[13:55] <flamestrider> Vi ska se om du förstår mig när jag pratar på ett riktigt språk Killster ;P

[13:55] <ECC> DEVILS TOUNGE! KILL THEM BOTH WITH FIRE!

lol why is my random speech in there XD

lol why is my random speech in there XD

A

And guess why ECC said "DEVILS TOUNGE! KILL THEM BOTH WITH FIRE!"

i directly copy pasted and left the joke in there for fun ^^

[14:48] <ECC> well, Im going to see where I went wrong in the encoding on mine because this is unreasonable... Its saying two charicters are missing yet the code says they are not.. at the same effing time

[14:49] <Killster550|Wailing> lovely

[14:49] <ECC> either that... Or I added a letter somewhere it should not be...

[14:49] <Killster550|Wailing> your code is so good it messes up your mind :D

[14:49] <ECC> which would give me the same result

[14:49] <ECC> its a very minor typo and aside from those charicters it would decode and say the same thing

[14:50] <Killster550|Wailing> unless its the entire hexadecimal to binary code behind a great game, i am not impressed :D

[14:54] <ECC> ok, in the encoding I added a space where I should not of and took a charicter out from the code... since there are no spaces in your version the space is irrelevant. but you are missing the A next to the W

[14:54] <ECC> MQKTFRYXNKPLEOCSJWBYHNJXQMGIIVPURHVODGKLAWFRUGIFEHT

double posting as its relevant:

[15:48] <Ditto|work> The figure walked over to the flowing water and knelt to drink

[15:49] <ECC> grats.

[15:49] <Kreicus> victory is highly unlikely without mods or hacks

[15:49] <ECC> so, what was the progessive code?

[15:49] <ECC> no

[15:49] <Ditto|work> had to take a smoke break, then all was clear to me

[15:49] <ECC> loool.

[15:49] <Ditto|work> I don't know... It just made sense

[15:50] <ECC> Hmm... cigarets that help you think... thats... intresting ;)

[15:50] <LordOfWolves> ^

[15:51] <ECC> MQKTFRYXNKPLEOCSJWBYHNJXQMGIIVPURHVODGKLAWFRUGIFEHT

[15:51] <ECC> .MQKTF RY XNKPL EOC SJWBY HNJXQMG IIV PU RHVO DGKLAW FRUGIF EHT

[15:51] <ECC> The figurF walkGd ovHr UP VII GMQXJnH YBWJS COE LPKNX YR FTKQM.

[15:51] <ECC> The figur* walk*d ov*r ** *** *****n* ***** *** ***** ** *****.

[15:51] <ECC> The figure walked over to the flowing water and knelt to drink.

[15:51] <Killster550|Wailing> what

[15:51] <Killster550|Wailing> the

[15:51] <Ditto|work> lol why is that one fkn 'N' not encrypted

[15:51] <Killster550|Wailing> actual

[15:52] <Killster550|Wailing> fuck

[15:52] <ECC> every letter moves to the next letter in the alphabet. if it occurs more then once, it moves twice. so, e is f then g then h and so on

[15:52] <Killster550|Wailing> how is M a T?

[15:52] <ECC> the twist is when I hit Z, which almost occured in this phrase

[15:53] == shadoskill [[email protected]] has quit [Ping timeout: 202 seconds]

[15:53] <Ditto|work> yes, but...

[15:53] <Killster550|Wailing> first letter, M being T, WADAFAQ

[15:53] <Ditto|work> the encryption starts seemingly randomly

[15:53] <Ditto|work> it doesn't encrypt every letter

[15:53] <Killster550|Wailing> .MQKTF RY XNKPL EOC SJWBY HNJXQMG IIV PU RHVO DGKLAW FRUGIF EHT [21:51] <ECC> The figurF walkGd ovHr UP VII GMQXJnH YBWJS COE LPKNX YR FTKQM.

[15:54] <Killster550|Wailing> how does that translate?

[15:54] <ECC> it encripts only the second instance of that letter.

[15:54] <Killster550|Wailing> even the word syntac is messed up

[15:54] <Ditto|work> Oh... computer counting... start at 0

[15:54] <Ditto|work> fuck me

[15:54] <Killster550|Wailing> fml, and f you ecc, your coding is pure bullshit :D

[15:55] <ECC> its not bull, its just a pain. ;D

[15:55] <ECC> in the ass. pain in the ass

[15:55] <Killster550|Wailing> no

[15:55] <Ditto|work> So ECC is a girl, and she writes about figures drinking from flowing water

[15:55] <Killster550|Wailing> anal rape is a pain in the ass

[15:55] <Killster550|Wailing> this is a trainwreck in the ass

[15:55] <ECC> wait. what?

[15:55] <ECC> god, you all still think... you know what, nm, too much fun to leave it at that

[15:56] <Ditto|work> exactly

[15:56] <Ditto|work> that's the whole point

[15:56] <Killster550|Wailing> stfu and eat a cookie :D

[15:57] <ECC> EEEEEEEE in the code is EFGHIJKL

[15:57] <Ditto|work> I knew the answer was EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[15:57] <ECC> XXXX however is XYZY

[15:57] <Killster550|Wailing> the word syntax is messed, where dafuq is a space?

[15:57] <Killster550|Wailing> WHY XYZY

[15:57] <Ditto|work> negatives

[15:57] <Killster550|Wailing> same setup as eeee

[15:57] <Killster550|Wailing> oh

[15:57] <Killster550|Wailing> wait i got that one

[15:58] <Killster550|Wailing> first it twists then it hits the z so goes 1 further

[15:58] <Killster550|Wailing> making y

[15:58] <ECC> Horseshoes :)

[15:58] <Killster550|Wailing> still mindfuck but less of a mindfuck

[15:58] <ECC> time to apply another code!

Damn, I got to "The figure walked over to..." by myself, and then this got spoiled. Good job, coder/decoders!

hehe, my random speech in all those conversations makes me lol in a way of: why the f am i saying such nonsense

hehe, my random speech in all those conversations makes me lol in a way of: why the f am i saying such nonsense

I thought you were trying to suggest some new codes...

My turn! ...I hope all of these characters print...

ˆ’¨¨ž@’¦@¦ª Š¤@†ª¨Š

Ok, so all of the characters printed correctly. This encryption is actually simpler than ECC's encryption, but I suspect that it will be more difficult to figure out simply because of the nature of the encryption. Good luck, and I'll give hints if no one can come up with an answer after a while.

my guess is that its based of the shape and pronouncation of the symbols, so a @ would become AT and stuff like that

my guess is that its based of the shape and pronouncation of the symbols, so a @ would become AT and stuff like that

No, already tried...I put the code in the google translater :D and I listened the pronunciation lol, but it only says at...at...s..sss.s..ss..s.s.s.s.sssss

...but it only says at...at...s..sss.s..ss..s.s.s.s.sssss

Laughed so hard. You do a good impression of the Google Translator.

Laughed so hard. You do a good impression of the Google Translator.

I was scared, it talked like a creeper :o

Converted the characters to their decimal ASCII values. Perhaps this could help...

94 44 168 168 158 64 44 166 64 166 170 (space) 138 164 64 134 170 168 138

I also tried messing with these numbers further by trying to modulo 26 them, but that didn't help.

Ad this is the code to octal: 1306 20031 250 250 576 100 20031 246 100 246 252 40 540 244 100 20040 252 250 540

94 44 168 168 158 64 44 166 64 166 170 (space) 138 164 64 134 170 168 138

These are not correct. Be sure to use Copy-Paste for getting ASCII values. Some characters look similar, but are not.

I don't want you wandering down the wrong path because of a silly mistake like this.

Edit: Unfortunately, even with Copy-Paste, that space does not translate properly because of how HTML works. It is ASCII 160