Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MinMax123

X-Ray Mod compatible with TFC?

28 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

So I've been really wanting to see what the ore distribution looks like in TFC, but haven't found any mods compatible that would let me do so. I am not doing this to cheat, just tolearn about the ore gen. Does anyone know of one?

There was a texture pack that allowed for this posted here in the forums... Even though the thread was deleted when rules were created for the Texture Packs section. Other than that, i don't really know... :

If you really wanted to, you can just make your own. Open up your texture pack folder and use paint to edit all the non-ore blocks. Never done that myself, though, so...

or you can stop being a cheaty noob and play the mod properly :)

or you can stop being a cheaty noob and play the mod properly :)

I said I was just gonna use it for fun and learn about how ore gen works :)

And cool, a dev replied :P

An xray texture pack wouldn't work to see the ore gen, all it would reveal are pockets of air blocks (caves), and no xray mods work with tfc. If you really are interested in the ore gen

just load a world up in an editor like mcedit and delete the layers of stone, they use the ids 209,210,211 and 212.

Hi guys,

So I've been really wanting to see what the ore distribution looks like in TFC, but haven't found any mods compatible that would let me do so. I am not doing this to cheat, just tolearn about the ore gen. Does anyone know of one?

In the seeds section someone posted a seed that they had found a super cluster in. and they used some program to remove all the layers. But yeah, you are kinda ruining the fun for yourself if you actually do this, this mod is way more fun with some exploration and experimentation thrown in. This isn't vanilla, you will severely degraded your TFC experience if you do this kind of stuff. And also, if you do end up finding a way to do this, PLEASE do NOT post it anywhere, many people don't want this information and it makes it easier to avoid if it isn't there in the first place. The wiki really does have all you need to know, many parts are intentionally less informative than the VMC wiki, you aren't supposed to have all the answers.

Ok, the title explains all. But remember that using this you WILL ruin your gaming experience (or how you call it)

It's in a spoiler, to be sure:

Double spoiler, to be even surer:

No images, to be even surer, but just the link to the topic that contains the images:

http://terrafirmacra...ost-everything/

one does realise if you play a pre 69 build, you can just stick your head into a leaf, and look into solid blocks (just encase a 50x50 area, and place a leaf block on headheight, and look around :D)

one does realise if you play a pre 69 build, you can just stick your head into a leaf, and look into solid blocks (just encase a 50x50 area, and place a leaf block on headheight, and look around :D)

This way you can't see the ores, but just the caves. It's useless, because since b68 I believe, this trick doesn't work.

Minecraft doesn't render blocks that don't have at least one face bordering air, thus most ore deposits are not visible through methods like the one you mentioned.

well, the massive cave systems are and thus, you can get an easy access into a cave :D

no, there isn't any. Don't play like a childish noob

If you want to look at ore distribution (and not cheat):

1. Start a new game that allows the use of /tp. TP in a grid spaced about 200 blocks apart and let the map finish generating before you move on.

2. Make sure the game is in creative mode

3. Use mIDas Gold to turn everything except ID 213, 214, and 215 into air

no, there isn't any. Don't play like a childish noob

THere is no need to be a jackass about it D:

If you want to look at ore distribution (and not cheat):

1. Start a new game that allows the use of /tp. TP in a grid spaced about 200 blocks apart and let the map finish generating before you move on.

2. Make sure the game is in creative mode

3. Use mIDas Gold to turn everything except ID 213, 214, and 215 into air

I tried to use mIDas Gold, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Does it work for anyone else?

ITT: Buttmad people

THere is no need to be a jackass about it D:

I tried to use mIDas Gold, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Does it work for anyone else?

Worked for me. Though if you intend to use it to get ores the easy way then let me warn you that it completely takes the fun away from TFC just like the X-ray mod does for Vanilla.

You'll only feel hollow as soon as you get a full set of Steel tools and armor that you practically cheated yourself.

Ok, the title explains all. But remember that using this you WILL ruin your gaming experience (or how you call it)

It's in a spoiler, to be sure:

Double spoiler, to be even surer:

No images, to be even surer, but just the link to the topic that contains the images:

http://terrafirmacra...ost-everything/

thats a no no.

Damn you people like to get angry! I personally don't think it would RUIN your gaming experience... Just because you know where something spawns does not mean you will just be able to magically locate it and mine right to it!

What I would really love for this mod to encompass more of is general knowledge. If I can look up IRL that shale deposits are found in lakes, river deltas, offshore beaches, etc., I'd love to be able to find a location like that in-game and find shale! To my knowledge the game doesn't work quite like this, though I think there are some spots that it does (metals, etc.). Imagine a game without a wiki -- if you need to know something, look it up for realz!

This way, if someone says, 'Hey, where do I find shale?' everyone can just point them to Google and let them find out themselves! There won't be anymore, 'Don't give out information!' because the information will all be based on the real world, and therefore easily accessible for everyone.

thats a no no.

A no no? And now the topic doesn't exist...did you delete it or something?

(and not cheat):

Use mIDas Gold

these things are mutually exclusive.

Not entirely sure what the point of your posts are dunkleosteus people like to be curious and it is minecraft therefore if he wants to see how something works or even if he wanted to cheat it is how he chose to play you can't entirely enforce how every single person plays TFC. If they want to play it a certain way that is their choice. Some might install a backpack mod which I'm sure is fully compatible with TFC that ruins the whole you can only carry so much experience in TFC does that mean we should delete any server using the backpack mod out of the server section ?

Also, he won't get really any cheaty information, as long as he doesn't do this in his survival world.

you know i don't see why this is a bad idia or why people are somewhat buthurt about it o.o i for one really want to find out how the ores spawn and what not so i can find out what levels am i too find them, how rare they are and how big are the spawns

you know i don't see why this is a bad idia or why people are somewhat buthurt about it o.o i for one really want to find out how the ores spawn and what not so i can find out what levels am i too find them, how rare they are and how big are the spawns

Ores don't work like they do in VMC, especially regarding level, in TFC all that matters is stone type and if it is a surface layer or not. Essentially that means you won't find more native copper (or any other ore) at level 52 than at 98.

I tried making my own texture changes with paint, but where I wanted to remove the texture, I only got white space rather than transparency, can somebody reccommend a better (free) program I can use for this?