Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
transcengopher

Horse meat

35 posts in this topic

One the one hand, you should keep in mind that horses will be able to be ridden and used for draught, maybe even mechanical power (in horse mills). They'll probably also be able to be harvested for various other resources, depending on how the butchering system works out. Adding them as a food resource as well could seem like to make the horse a totally OP animal.

On the other hand, I mean, resources are resources. Animal is animal and meat is meat (more or less). Still, though it'd be weird to outright rule out horse as a source of meat, I think it is also necessary to make breeding more common meat animals such as cows, pigs, and chickens (and sheep?) more advantageous. It may come down to people just not wanting to slaughter horses simply because they have much more benefit alive than on a plate, and they do. But a player should have the option to kill and eat something if they're that close to the edge, or are simply developing an ingame culture that demands it.

TL:DR, horse meat will probably happen unless Bioxx throws something heavy and possibly sharp at me, and it won't have any debuffs or such, but there will probably be something that pushes a player toward putting effort into other food sources.

'they can help plow fields, pull wagons and carts, be used in recreational activities, law enforcement work, and even in warfare! It's uses as a war machine, a method of '

Oxen(a form of cattle) can be used for the plowing and and pulling loads, the rest of what you mentioned are all 'ride, ride, ride, ride' further proving my point that you are focused on the fact they can be ridden.

the only thing in your favor in any form of a debuff is that breeding. aside from that, I concede nothing.

They should drop meat when killed, but they should not drop nearly as much as livestock.

It would make it an inefficient food source, but that option is there if things got desperate for some reason or another, or if your horse was killed, you'd at least get something out of it.

Oh, and while we're at it, have players explode into 6-8 humanoid steaks and 2-3 bones when killed on a hardcore pvp server :D :D :D

or not

'they can help plow fields, pull wagons and carts, be used in recreational activities, law enforcement work, and even in warfare! It's uses as a war machine, a method of '

Oxen(a form of cattle) can be used for the plowing and and pulling loads, the rest of what you mentioned are all 'ride, ride, ride, ride' further proving my point that you are focused on the fact they can be ridden.

the only thing in your favor in any form of a debuff is that breeding. aside from that, I concede nothing.

Since you are forcing me to argue more, I'll give you this: do soldiers ride on horses when they are pulling artillery? Do traders ride on horses when they are pulling wagons and carts? Do humans ride on horses when, as Mister Avidavi stated, they are providing mechanical power in horse mills? No.

P.S. - Seriously, I don't like arguing; please, end this immediately.

Horses should be as good as anything else. and give you the amount of meat an animal of that size should, and should have no debuffs or anything. This wouldn't be overpowered because most people (I'd imagine) would use horses for all those other useful things rather than as livestock, but if someone would like to live solely off of horse I believe they should have the freedom to do so.

'do soldiers ride on horses when they are pulling artillery?'

you do realize I already answered all of this in my last post... the one you quoted. Right?

A: Carvans have been known to ride their animals who are pulling a load. Not commonly, but not uncommon either

B: You are arguing with someone who will not sway... Telling me to not argue wont get you far. ;P

C: Still friends? Are we? huh? huh? HUUUUHH?!?!?

Horses should be as good as anything else. and give you the amount of meat an animal of that size should, and should have no debuffs or anything. This wouldn't be overpowered because most people (I'd imagine) would use horses for all those other useful things rather than as livestock, but if someone would like to live solely off of horse I believe they should have the freedom to do so.

Finally, a formally presented compromise to resolve this argument. Thank you, Mister Lorbog. But what about what Crysyn explained? He explains that horses are only as fertile as half a year, making them an inefficient source of food?

'Do soldiers ride on horses when they are pulling artillery?'

You do realize I already answered all of this in my last post... the one you quoted. Right?

A: Carvans have been known to ride their animals who are pulling a load. Not commonly, but not uncommon either.

B: You are arguing with someone who will not sway... Telling me to not argue won't get you far, ;P.

C: Still friends? Are we? Huh? Huh? HUUUUHH?!?!?

Are you going insane, man? Goodness gracious... this is why I despise arguing; my points are not as great, I'm usually lacking few pieces of information, it's repetitive, and the 'arguer' are relentness as if they are lumbering walkers.

it was not a compromise, it was my exact argument the whole time...

Finally, a formally presented compromise to resolve this argument. Thank you, Mister Lorbog. But what about what Crysyn explained? He explains that horses are only as fertile as half a year, making them an inefficient source of food?

The statement would still apply here, it would just make it more difficult to raise horses for either application.

it was not a compromise, it was my exact argument the whole time...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

This is why I terribly hate arguments... :angry:.

P.S. - Alright, who keeps on changing my member ranking?