Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Blade Avuari

12/14/12 So... My school just got locked down... Anyone got this news out of CT?

38 posts in this topic

Many of the schools in connecticut just got locked down due to a shooting that happened two hours ago. Anyone else hear this?

I heard about it. Haven't gotten much information on it though.

*Squishy Purple Ditto Hugs*

Stay safe.

Well, I am out now. No clue about other schools. It seems like everything is assumed, not known.

Serial? Then I am hoping that this will be over starting the twenty-first.

I heard about this, it all over the place! I hope you guys are all safe down there!!! Much love from The Mad Russian!!

this is why i dislike american gun law, if you guys acted like the netherlands, 90% of the incidents wouldnt have happened

this is why i dislike american gun law, if you guys acted like the netherlands, 90% of the incidents wouldnt have happened

Don't turn this into a blanket statement against the US. COMPLETELY uncalled for and inappropriate.

My school is going to have a stike on Tuesday due to Bill 115...Don't know if anyone else knows about this whole Bill 115 thing here in ON. :P

Really just terrible how someone can walk into an elementary school and just start shooting children!

I really hope though for the sake of everyone else that it instigates debates on the gun law. there's so many maniac shootings going on in America and yet there's people thinking that it's fine as it is or should be even less regulated.

guys. it won't solve the problem right away and even then there's no guaranty that the wrong kind of person gets his hand on guns (Just look at Norway) but you have to realize by now that something is terribly wrong and the easy access and loose regulations of weapons are the tools that people use.

I agree, America (and I say this as a citizen nearing voting age) needs to crack down on gun control. But that's not the main problem, the stressful environment coupled with Violent FPS's like CoD is what is making these people go crazy. Can I possibly be the ONLY one that think shooter games that are so blatantly violent are wrong?

But god, those poor children.

I agree, America (and I say this as a citizen nearing voting age) needs to crack down on gun control. But that's not the main problem, the stressful environment coupled with Violent FPS's like CoD is what is making these people go crazy. Can I possibly be the ONLY one that think shooter games that are so blatantly violent are wrong?

But god, those poor children.

Are you fucking serious, you;re going to blame things like this on games like CoD, now I know the game itself isn't that great, and yes it's violent, but that man was off his rocker by the time he killed his mother and you don't learn shit like that from video games like CoD. I am sick and fucking tired of people blaming shit like this on violent video games, if you want to get specific about it Minecraft is a violent video game...you can just go around killing anything that moves...if you want to get REALLY specific, you could classify ANY games as violent....but in that case, why don't we just ban video games altogether? That's right, we can't because then EVERYONE will have a hissy fit....this kind of childishness is ridiculous...you complain about something long enough and it gets taken away...but then you whine about NOT having it...and nothing gets done and our government says "Well, you are the one who kept complaining...now it's gone, and we can't do a thing about it...sorry."

So, in conclusion... shut the fuck up...and check your fact before you go around and start whining and complaining about shit like that, because it makes you look like a fucking ass!

*cough cough* Glad to get that out of my system.

While i was going to say something basically similar to what Demetri already said, i tried not to so we can avoid starting a flame war on such a delicate theme. I honestly think anyone else willing to discuss about that should find some other place to do so... Let's keep it down here, please, so Blade doesn't get his thread locked due to someone else's argument :

While i was going to say something basically similar to what Demetri already said, i tried not to so we can avoid starting a flame war on such a delicate theme. I honestly think anyone else willing to discuss about that should find some other place to do so... Let's keep it down here, please, so Blade doesn't get his thread locked due to someone else's argument :

I'm sorry, I tend to refrain from getting into arguments with people...unless they relate to my particular interests.

First off Demitri, cool off! Secondly at your 'mine craft is violent' thing, what is its focus? Creation. Building. All kinds of games are going to have violence, but the problem is when it's FOCUSED on deliberate manslaughter! I think the reason people are so quick to defend these games is because they're addicted to them (dont blame you, they're fun. i was addicted to at one point but i saw how wrong it was and shook it off) I simply do not understand how you can not see the issue with a game that focuses on bloodily slaughtering other people! Furthermore, there is zero legitimate age control so young children get access to it and it-just to a certain degree, don't get all huffy on me-normalizes killing. It begins to degrade the part of the brain that says "hey there, hold on and wait. That's a pack member, killing bad!". There has actually been scientific studies that have shown significant increases in mood swings, impatience, and unreasonable aggression towards other and in some cases yes, violence.

I'm not saying that this guy went off and played CoD then said "hey I'm gonna go slaughter my mother and a bunch of kids, teehee". What I am saying though is CoD is NOT good for your mental well being. Play a game like mine raft that BUILDS areas of your brain instead of a game SOLELY focused on killing people. Heck, go smoke some pot, it'd be better for you frankly.

At the core of it you simply have to admit that a game in where you bloodily slaughter people left and right in a very realistic environment is morally and bodily WRONG. The game solely exists for the function of the army get more recruits. Killing more people. Making more war. If you can't take a step back and see that, what does that say about you?

Edit: this is interesting

"So, in conclusion... shut the fuck up...and check your fact before you go around and start whining and complaining about shit like that, because it makes you look like a fucking ass!"

Telling me in a very lewd manner that you don't care what I say, so just be quiet. Also that I was whining and being an ass (definition, a stubborn person who says mean things, also with the word before it, it implies that I was having intercourse as well). I showed no stubbornness. No mean words. I did not whine at all. And I was most certainly not having sexual intercourse.

So you falsely accused me of several things, insulted me, told me to shut up, and provided a laughably weak argument of "minecraft is violent to so why don't you just ban all video games". You showed unreasonable aggression, impatience, and lack of attention. What do you think is a possible cause of those symptoms? (Don't say me, I gave you no reason. Perhaps I invoked a trigger point, but that would be in result from other people, not me)

I honestly think anyone else willing to discuss about that should find some other place to do so

I have to quote myself, Trey? really? This is not the place to discuss that...

I have to quote myself, Trey? really? This is not the place to discuss that...

Stay out of this JAG, I intend on finishing this. It is off topic after all and we de rail all the time.

... okay, whatever, but i warned you.

I know :) thank you.

please trey....for the sake of that swamp.....

i could set up a separate thread for this ??

if that would suffice ??

trey, i disagree with you on 1 thing, humans should be capable of making rational thoughts, and video games should not point one to violence unless there is something wrong with said person in the first place, how do you think wars happened before we had electricity huh? murder happened back then too.

cod isnt anti war, to say that is just pure nonsense, itsa war game in itself, but it doesnt make people pick up a gun and kill people if there is nothing wrong with said people in the first place

-snip- CoD -snip- anti-war?

Yeah, i also heard Minecraft was a creativity killer game. Both things are extremely stupid.