Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
abandoned mines

these trees should be addedd to the TFC terrain gen now !

19 posts in this topic

hello all

while exploring the depths of reddit i found this incredable set of trees created by this guy lentebriesje (planetminecraft name)

i found them first on reddit here http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/15mi2e/a_wide_varieties_of_cool_trees_created/

go have a look these are awesome :)

also tell him i sent you :)

I admit the trees do look pretty awesome but, Terrafirmacraft already has custom trees which also don't look too shabby. What exactly would this mod add? (apart from a little cosmetics).

I admit the trees do look pretty awesome but, Terrafirmacraft already has custom trees which also don't look too shabby. What exactly would this mod add? (apart from a little cosmetics).

nothing really exept i alwasys had a pet peve with how trees in minecraft spwan

all this would bring is a little bit of randomness to forests

way ahead of you, someone posted this about a week back and we've discussed it in IRC as well (btw, you shouldv posted this in suggestions and made it sound less demanding in the title ;)

way ahead of you, someone posted this about a week back and we've discussed it in IRC as well (btw, you shouldv posted this in suggestions and made it sound less demanding in the title ;)

sorry didn't realise where i poste, thought it was suggestions :)

Offtopic: @infinus5: Two words "bowls" and "stairing" are spelt wrong in your description, sorry :P </end spelling/grammar Nazi>

On topic: They look great but such formations might screw around with the trees insta-falling (diagonal blocks etc.) and may require more searching for each tree which is more calculations per tree, which finally equates to just another straw in the hay pile that is server lag and possible tps lag. (As much as I hate limiting ideas to the "lag" argument) Still nice find.

Offtopic: @infinus5: Two words "bowls" and "stairing" are spelt wrong in your description, sorry :P </end spelling/grammar Nazi>

On topic: They look great but such formations might screw around with the trees insta-falling (diagonal blocks etc.) and may require more searching for each tree which is more calculations per tree, which finally equates to just another straw in the hay pile that is server lag and possible tps lag. (As much as I hate limiting ideas to the "lag" argument) Still nice find.

i did think of this but thought if the creator used the branches from firut trees than perhaps some of the afore mentaioned issues could be removed

also sorry for my horrid spelling i am autistic and sort of have a hard time keeping spelling right :)

The trees are basically just larger and the leaves and "branch" blocks more scattered. While I admit larger trees would probably be nicer, the trees we have are good enough unless they come out with the tree branches change that someone mentioned, where trees actually have branches in them instead of random single log blocks.

The trees are basically just larger and the leaves and "branch" blocks more scattered. While I admit larger trees would probably be nicer, the trees we have are good enough unless they come out with the tree branches change that someone mentioned, where trees actually have branches in them instead of random single log blocks.

To add to this, a little off topic, I am reminded of that famous french painter who painted very shabbily his paintings when you looked upon them from a very short distance. He was looked down upon by other painters for not having the intricacy common of his era.

His paintings did however look marvelous when looked upon from a far enough distance.

I feel the same applies to these trees.

Bioxx already put 16 different trees to fit a row, he will need to replace some to put those in

I don't understand what you're saying...

To add to this, a little off topic, I am reminded of that famous french painter who painted very shabbily his paintings when you looked upon them from a very short distance. He was looked down upon by other painters for not having the intricacy common of his era.

His paintings did however look marvelous when looked upon from a far enough distance.

I feel the same applies to these trees.

I know people like this. Best when viewed from a distance.

I don't understand what you're saying...

Check the texture files of the mod and you will understand

I agree with you, this trees look awesome, and they should be implemented in the game, they make will make the game have a lot more immersion.

But... i had already made a topic about this exact same trees in the suggestion sub forum.

I know people like this. Best when viewed from a distance.

Or up close through the bottom of a pint glass. ;)

Or up close through the bottom of a pint glass. ;)

There are some things even alcohol won't fix.

I think some of the hills and valleys should be added along with the trees gives some felling of realism and being alive.

Don't you worry about forests, let me worry about blank.