Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
psychocannon

[Build75] Great Starting Seed

15 posts in this topic

I found this seed and it's a great seed in my opinion and limited TFC experience :)

Pics here

http://edeneustice.imgur.com/all/

Seed: 7657783041207052747

You start on a shore line with Woods and clay to your South

You have large quantaties of Peat to your North and a small Island with a large cavern system and huge copper vein under neath

Posted Image

You also have Basalt Plains with large Basalt out croppings that serve as perfect early anvils.

The Basalt and Salt Rocks here drop large numbers of Tin and Copper, while the plains regularly spawn random plants and grains as well as hosting large numbers of animals.

Reeds and Squids are easily available.

Posted Image

Oddly the fresh world I spawned had some different peat/clay deposits to my SMP server but this is what i've done with it so far after a few days play.

Spawn

Posted Image

The First Shelter

Posted Image

Wood Pile

New Forge

Posted Image

New Bloomery

Posted Image

Original Anvil (Basalt Plains)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like a good seed, gonna try it out. What was peat for again?

It's an alternative to wood in the camp fires and the abundance here is a huge boost as your wood supplies go so much further when you don't need to cook with it :)

I've just rechecked my SMP and oddly I have Huge Peat and Clay deposits in the ponds next to spawn that are absent in the single player map I just rolled with the same Seed...

Some aspects of world generation are completely random and no two instances of the same seed will be exacly alike. They shouldn't differ too much, shorelines and rock types should always be the same, but ores, trees, clay and such will be different.

Ahh Thanks for the sanity check :)

I assumed that must be the case as the world was identical bar I had far more resource much closer to home but they were all still present regardless making for a good starter seed imho :)

Only a week of play in the evenings and I'm getting ready to enter the Bronze age ^_^.

I assume after that you have to go mining deeper for the higher tier stuff?

I think I'll focus on farming next and getting a proper home built rather than try improve the stone age hovel I've got at the moment :)

Zan Minimap :)

I typically use Rei Minimap. Though now that zan's one identifies mobs as I saw in your screenie, I might switch.

Edit: Whoa, keep hearing epic music every so often. One was bongo drums. Whoever made the music in this mod, keep on rocking. Whoo. This music should play once you reach the next age, like when you craft something or place a certain thing, like a workbench, you get the drums which signals the stone age, and then maybe something different for the bronze age iron age and steel age. I think it'd be awesome.

Edited by darthvader45

OMG I KNOW RIGHT!!

Sorry that sounded ...well but it's what I thought too when I first heard it, amazing

As I was on the shore line as well with the woods across the shore I actually popped my head up to check I wasn't being invaded by indians or something lmao.

OMG I KNOW RIGHT!!

Sorry that sounded ...well but it's what I thought too when I first heard it, amazing

As I was on the shore line as well with the woods across the shore I actually popped my head up to check I wasn't being invaded by indians or something lmao.

Yeah, the first time I heard it, I was like "What, cavemen are declaring war on me because I am now competition for food, etc.?" Then I realized it was just music and went, " AWWWWW YEAAAAHHHH!"

Btw, for me that seed spawned me in a completely different shoreline. Imma use Rei minimap and check after rolling a new world. Hopefully I can come up with something similar to yours.

Nvm, found out where you were by coordinates. The only problem I have with this mod is unbearable lag. I have to increase the paging file size to make Minecraft run faster.

Edited by darthvader45

You may want to increase the memory available to java as well if you haven't done that already and try tweaking Optifine :)

I teraformed the shoreline by spawn a fair bit as the little outcrop we spawn on wasn't enough for any settlement but there was a fair bit of 1 block deep water so I expanded and then expanded some more removing a hill and dumping it in the sea to make more shoreline :)

Likewise with all the saltrock and basalt I got harvesting tin on the plains =p

Yeah, I carved out the area nearby the bunch of schist that I found. I also used Rei Minimap so that I could find the basalt plains. Mostly found a small amount of sphalerite(raw zinc) nearby your spawn, but no copper, bismuth or tin. Did you find any? Also, never found that cavern, couldja post coords to it?

Btw, increasing Java memory and tweaking OFine barely helped, but once I increased the paging file size, it really seemed to help. I'm fine now, haven't had near as many ticking memory crashes too.

So I understand now that ore veins are actually random on each world regardless of seed value so while you may not find ore in the exact same place I did it seems the Biome still gives you a good chance of finding them.

the first PIC I posted is of the Island with the entrance to the huge cavern system that makes finding ore much easier!

Follow the SE Shore line for I think 500M and you'll find it and probably a lot of clay and Pete besides.

When I first hit this Island I found a natural collapse had already exposed this cavern which is how I found it (didn't have the minimap installed at the time - installed that for the screen shot submission of the seed!) but my 2 rolls since have not done this so not sure how that happened but basically if you just dig around the shore line of the island nearest the mainland you'll soon collapse into the tunnels assuming they aren't also random.....hmmm....

that said you can see from the Mini Map there is a large cavern there in my 2nd roll due to all the mobs on the mini map so =p

I also dug directly down from Spawn (in a Northerly direction) once I had my pickaxe and found several Tin Deposits very quickly so the Seed seems to give a good amount of Ore, just get used to using the Prospectors Pick I guess :)

And you can also find a swamp with INFINITE clay at x = 74 y 144 z -5591

Can I join your server? I have build 76 hotfix 17

I am very good farming and making charcoal pits, sluicing and breeding