Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
psychocannon

[Offline][Build75] Open TFC Server

18 posts in this topic

I've got a little 8 man server up and running - Currently open to all but with Chunk Protect enabled to reduce the risk of greifing.

Server: 85.236.101.6:31565 (1.5GB Ram, Hosted Virtual Server with expandable bandwidth)

Mumble: 85.236.100.59:20187

Auto Reboots every 8 hours.

If the server is down for any reason PM me on the forum or email me at

[email protected]

I'll get it rebooted asap.

You will spawn in Dunstable Town, a very small area central to everywhere and with resources to assist those new players that want it.

The Road West goes about 1KM to the nearest player town of SweetGrass, a little prairie village run by regular players.

CURRENCY

The Server currently uses GOLD COINS and DIAMOND COINS as currency. (1Diamond Coin = 64Gold)

You can trade the NPC's for coins or get them from quests or occasional Mob Drops.

You can craft 1 Diamond Gem into 1 Diamond Coin on a crafting bench.

You will need to use a bank or Gem smith to convert Diamond and Gold Coins but every trade center will have one.

CHUNKS can be purchased for:

1 Diamond Gem (A flawless gets 2, Exquisite gets 4)

or

4 Gems, or (2 Flawless, or 1 Exquisite), if using gems they need to be of a single type.

You will be able to buy gems of chipped/flawed quality for Protection meters.

MODS

Mods on this server are as follows (Click the mod names to go to the relevant web page)

Smart Move V12

You don't need this client side if you don't want to use it.

Chunk Protect

Nothing is needed client side for this.

You'll start with 0 Chunks to your name but I will add +1 chunks to regulars once they are set up.

You can then purchase further chunks at the following Exchange Rage, Gems in groups must be of the same type.

1x Exquisite Gem

2x Flawless Gems

4x Normal Gems

Simply Horses

Download to your MODS folder

I'm Spawning herds in all the populated areas.

Custom NPCs

Download to your MODS folder

I am going to stick in a bunch of Quest Lines, Trader NPC's and out posts with hirelings etc to get an economy going.

Banks

There is currently 1 bank operated by Mayor Dunstable in the Town hall.

This is secure storage for players without Chunk protection and will allow you to take these items out at any other branch when created.

Quests

Wandering Rose - Rose, a wandering minstrel has run into some trouble, she can be found by the Town hall in Dunstable Town (AKA Spawn)

*status - Part 1 Complete and available*

Traders

Spawn is the only place with traders at the moment however I plan to add Trading Outposts

Traders will trade goods relative to the area level (don't expect to buy STEEL at spawn)

Dunstable Trading Depot

Located around "The Old Anvil" along the road EAST of Dunstable Town (Spawn)

BlackSmith - Copperbottom (Complete) - Located in the Old Anvil

Sells tier 0-1 Ore / Charcoal / Ceramic Molds

Fresh Produce - (Complete)

Buys and Sells Fruit and Veg along with Bread, eggs, milk.

Goods can be sold round the side to the delivery boys.

Gem Traders - (Complete)

Buy Gems of Normal Quality and Upwards and Convert Diamond Coins to Gold and Visa Versa.

Livestock Trader - (Complete)

Sells Meat, Leather, Wool, Feathers, Animal Eggs)

Bank - Coming soon - allows you to store items that can be recovered at another bank of the same branch and convert currency.

This is also secure storage for those without Chunk protection yet.

Tinkerer / Carpenter - (Complete)

Sells Redstone, String, Wood, Glowstone, Hellrock, Sheers, MusicBoxes etc

Alchemist - Coming soon - Sells Brewing stands and potion bits.

Hirelings

I will have an Inn setup in each populated area soon where you can listen to music, buy refreshment, or hire companions.

Population

We have a regular group of 5 or so players currently so I have no plans to expand the server beyond the 8 slots.

If this starts maxing out regularly I'll look into expanding.

Simple Rules on the server.

I've got the world backed up regularly and can roll back in case of any major issues.

You'll Spawn in my grounds as I built around Spawn and this area is protected, I plan to move on soon but will leave the zone protected, you'll need to post here to get added to the list to use the spawn facilities.

Let me know your In Game Name (case sensitive) and I'll add you to the protection list.

Once added You are welcome to use the facilities (Forge/Bloomery etc) and any starting supplies you may need within reason if you feel you need a kick start but do try to give as well as take when you are established yourself :)

Think of it as a sort of white list lite, anyone can join the server and start from scratch, but to use the facilities at spawn to get a leg up you'll need to be added.

This is to combat people logging in, raiding the supplies then never coming back and several incidents of people taking the anvils...

Outside of spawn please respect other users property but again chunk protect is enabled so you may not be able to interact with users homes anyway.

There is a TownHall of sorts (still going to expand it more later to include more functions) which currently has an Item Library so you can see the various types of Tree/Rock and their stats, and a small map of the surrounding areas.

Posted Image

OK the server has been upgraded to 1GB Ram for now and we'll see how that runs, if it still lags out I'll double it to 2GB.

We have enough regulars now that I've installed a few additional (option) mods

Smart Move V12 (you don't need this installed on your client to join the server but it's there if you want)

Chunk Protect - Once you've got yourself setup on the server I'll give you 1 chunk allowance to buy and customize who can interact with your property.

I'll work out a system to allow you to "buy" more chunks soon.

I'll get some screen shots up tonight also.

So I understand some people spawn in the sheep pen instead of on the path and are trapped as the gate won't open for them?

I'm looking into this and will shove an interim fix (ladder) in for now when I get home in about 2 hours as a work around.

Update -

Due to Chunk Protect you'll need to be added to the permissions list to be able to use the facilities and supplies in Spawn.

I'll need your In game user name (Case sensitive) to add you.

Updated First page with new Mods:

Currently Quest Line info:

1) Wandering Rose [Part 1] (Difficulty - LOW) - 10% Complete (Have to re-do dialogues as I misunderstood the system!)

Rose, A traveling bard was ambushed by a small group of Orcs East of Dunstable town (Spawn)

Can you help her recover her supplies.

- Orcs camp is up and hostile so take care - Quest line should be active tonight (31/01/13 GMT)

I've fixed the issue with the Forge Essentials Plugin locking everyone down, You will now by default be able to interact with the world again, sorry about that!!!

I'll also create a MEMBERS group for the regulars that will give you access to a few extra commands to be detailed here shortly.

Could you prehaps provide me with a link to the Simply Horses mod for 1.4.6? I can only find 1.4.4 and then 1.4.7...

Could you prehaps provide me with a link to the Simply Horses mod for 1.4.6? I can only find 1.4.4 and then 1.4.7...

Use the 1.4.7 one.

I am also having a id conflict when I try to log on with the Custom NPC mod... Anything I should change?

Sounds like its conflicting with another MOD.

You may want to use a profile manager to create a seperate Minecraft profile with just the simply horses and custom NPC mods

Tried to log in and got a blank screen with a DONE button. Not sure why. I installed all the mods you listed but no luck getting in. my server list showed no issues...

IGN: Llywylln

-Llywylln

Heya, rebooted it last night about an hour after your post and it seems ok, if you are still having issues I'll see if I can help.

Looks like my PayPal Auto renewal didn't process for some reason and Multiplay have deleted the server....

I've confirmed I have receipts for the renewal so it was all setup but not even 24 hours notice since payment failed to process (not due to lack of funds it just didn't even try..) and they've trashed the server...

Very sorry all, I'll check if I have an "offline" backup at home tonight but right now it's not looking good and I'm seriously considering if I want to re-subscribe if they are going to trash the whole let every time their payment processing doesn't work as it should....

If you all like the server and want it back up let me know and I'll get it back up asap and raise a support ticket to see if there is anyway they can recover the server they deleted....

We enjoy your server so for me i say yes if you can. What they have done is a disgrace and i think you should take it as far as you can. Any contract with any company should give some kind of notice unless otherwise stated in the contract.

Ok it's all back up and I set up the auto renewal again, which they emailed me 5 minutes later to tell me they've canceled...will get that sorted so we don't repeat this next month!

Sorry for the Hiatus everyone

Why is nobody coming on the server that much?

Well, right now it's because it appears to be down.

In general, though... It's because nobody comes on the server.

It's boring to go alone, so I've been waiting for the socalled 'regulars' to show up before playing any more.

I WAS going to play some more on my own today though - maybe make my outpost nicer-looking, or keep looking for iron - when I found it was down.