Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
mbolz

Medical Mod [SP/MP] [1.4.6]

56 posts in this topic

Oh this is very cool! It would be even better to see it take on the existing schema of seed-randomized effects. Ideas:

• Add in support for grinding of saplings as well?
  • Make a craft-able table that you can place down, where you can put in your mortar and pestle, then the ingredients in a crafting grid.
  • Make these combinations of ingredients be stored in glass vials. Then, when crafted with a bandage, it creates a medicated bandage (and an empty vial).
  • Add in a medicine cabinet (I imagine a wooden bookcase with shelves that can store vials and bandages.
It seems a bit silly to need 3 mortar and pestles with the same powder to make one bandage, and that they disappear when you use them (why I suggested the glass vials). Maybe you could make the mortar and pestle more expensive (or require the crafting of a table as well). If you're having trouble with balancing the costs to make these, maybe you could look into adding in a time element like charcoal making uses. Have the bandages need to sit in the mortar and pestle for 5 hours in order to be completly soaked and concentrated with the medicine.

It's really cool that you can use them on other people as well! Good work.

The mortar and pestle is a container, so you should only ever need to build one. The only problem with it is it will toss it out of the crafting table after you make an item. I do wish to add a specialized table which implements the mortar and pestle into it so this does not happen.

A medicine cabinet is a good idea, but you should have the ability to put the bandages in regular chests, so I'm not sure if I will do that. I am limited to the use of specific things found only in TFC because I cannot edit TFC code, so I don't think I will be able to implement saplings.

Edit: I suggest using the easy crafting mod until I edit the recipes, it makes the crafting recipes a bit easier to carry out. Just google easy crafting mod.

Can we see not just flowers and bones but also minerals, saplings, fruits and vegetables used to make medical supplies. Also, I love you forever if you acquire poisons.

I would have done minerals and saplings and fruits and vegetables, however I am limited to the use of vanilla items that can be acquired in TFC, as I am not allowed to edit the TFC code. I may add posions at some point, possibly with the use of green dyes?

Incredible :D an addon for TFC that doesn't require TFC to run. Awesome, you have my support.

Thanks :D, I'm happy to be receiving so much positive support.

I was tossing around the idea of bandages and such at one point. It's not completely ruled out yet, so I may implement a system simillar (or completely different to this) into TFC. If I do, this will become obsolete. Just a warning.

Yea, I realize that. I mostly just made this mod because I wanted to fix the current lacking. It is just a substitute until medicine is added into TFC.

This seems like an obvious direction for TFC considering the hazards of the world, while I don't play as actively I do give this a +1. On a side note, instead of potentially reenabling the vanilla furnace, another option would be to try to make the cactus "cookable" on a campfire. If you want to get excessively fancy you could always make your code check to see if TFC is installed or not, and enable a furnace or campfire recipe based on if it is.

That is a good idea, I'll look into implementing something like that. Possibly add it to the future config file, so you can toggle TFC true or false.

alright, considering there is no ''bad word' from the devs I will take a look into this rather then ignore it :)

:D Hope you like it!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! I have exams going on currently, but once they are done I will begin working on my todo list :D

We installed this on Roanoke today. The players love it.

I used the Custom NPC mod to make the pestle craft-able with each type of planks block.

Now the next big question. Do roses respawn in TFC?

Bob

We installed this on Roanoke today. The players love it.

I used the Custom NPC mod to make the pestle craft-able with each type of planks block.

Now the next big question. Do roses respawn in TFC?

Bob

Sounds great :D glad to hear more people like my mod!

I do believe that roses respawn, similar to how long grass does. It will just take a while, so maybe try to preserve your medication. If there is a large issue with the lacking of flowers, I can try to make a work around, possibly using certain mob drops to produce the dye. One work around I could think of now, is the ability to squeeze dyes out of wool, so if you died a few sheep red and farmed them, you'd be able to shear em and then squeeze the dyes out of the wool. It's a bit far fetched, but if the problem exists, and I don't get a better suggestion, I'll probably implement something like that.

Do roses spawn?

Most definitely, I always pick them to dye my armour.

Of course they spawn. What people are worried about is if they respawn.

Of course they spawn. What people are worried about is if they respawn.

They do in fact respawn, the grassy courtyard in the fort I made on my server has to be mowed daily to keep the grass at bay, and we occasionally get flowers in there along with the tall grass and saplings.

so just to clarify, what kind of wood is needed to emulate vanilla wood?

so just to clarify, what kind of wood is needed to emulate vanilla wood?

Oak

They do in fact respawn, the grassy courtyard in the fort I made on my server has to be mowed daily to keep the grass at bay, and we occasionally get flowers in there along with the tall grass and saplings.

Great! I can remove a work around then from my todo list, unless people find they are running out of flowers extremely quickly and require one.

Also Birch, Aspen and Chestnut.

Thank you, I didn't know that.

It's not aspen but pine.

To my knowledge, TFC aspen plank blocks are crafting equivalent of vanilla spruce plank blocks because of the way items IDs are set.

New Update to v7!

Whats new:

- Poisons (Still need to be improved, current damage is to insignificant, will be fixed in an update in near future)

- Anitpoison

- Fully Customizable config!

To further explain, the new config file will allow you to completely edit the rates of the mod. Not only can you adjust the Id's, you can also change the length of time any tier of bandage will regenerate your health for, alter the regeneration values, and alter the instant heal values. You can also do this with the poisons to adjust how strong and how long you want the tiers of poisons to last. Also, do not change the TFC option to true yet, as it will cause non of the recipes to be created whe you load your game. The increased TFC compatibility by using ID's is still a work in progress, which I hope to have done by the fourth (if possible)!

The poisons work fine, but without editing their effects int he config file you probably wont get the results you were hoping for. This will be the case until the next update, which will hopefully be soon.

Recipes and download links in OP.

Hope you like it :D

p.s. if you plan on altering the config file for your server, you will need to ensure every player on that server gets the altered config file (essentially upload the altered config file to drop box or mediafire and send your community the link)

New Update to v7!

Whats new:

- Poisons (Still need to be improved, current damage is to insignificant, will be fixed in an update in near future)

- Anitpoison

- Fully Customizable config!

To further explain, the new config file will allow you to completely edit the rates of the mod. Not only can you adjust the Id's, you can also change the length of time any tier of bandage will regenerate your health for, alter the regeneration values, and alter the instant heal values. You can also do this with the poisons to adjust how strong and how long you want the tiers of poisons to last. Also, do not change the TFC option to true yet, as it will cause non of the recipes to be created whe you load your game. The increased TFC compatibility by using ID's is still a work in progress, which I hope to have done by the fourth (if possible)!

The poisons work fine, but without editing their effects int he config file you probably wont get the results you were hoping for. This will be the case until the next update, which will hopefully be soon.

Recipes and download links in OP.

Hope you like it :D

p.s. if you plan on altering the config file for your server, you will need to ensure every player on that server gets the altered config file (essentially upload the altered config file to drop box or mediafire and send your community the link)

nice work! can't wait till you balance the poisons.

though i am confused, in tfc how do we get the green dyes? i thought we couldn't "cook" cacti for their dies?

though i am confused, in tfc how do we get the green dyes? i thought we couldn't "cook" cacti for their dies?

Its true we cant cook the cacti, but there are work arounds. For the roanoke server, I use custom npc's recipe function. With that tool Green dye could be made by placing the cacti in a motrar pestle, or cacti with a fullwater bottle, or removed from the recipe all together.

You can also enable recipes for the vanilla furnace in the config, which will allow you to do it. I can make a work around though in the next update.

You can also enable recipes for the vanilla furnace in the config, which will allow you to do it. I can make a work around though in the next update.

for now i'm using custom npcs to work around, but it would be nice if you made a cactus and mortar recipe into the mod itself since that makes more sense than cooking the color out of it

for now i'm using custom npcs to work around, but it would be nice if you made a cactus and mortar recipe into the mod itself since that makes more sense than cooking the color out of it

Will do, I'll have it in the update planed for this weekend :D

I am sorry to note that the update planed for today will be postponed for a week. This is mainly due to me being very busy. I do plan to spend the majority of my friday night modding, so hopefully nothing gets in the way of that.

In the meantime, you can use v7, which can be downloaded in the OP. It includes the fully customizable config file, so feel free to play around with your own balancing. If you come up with a combination that you think is better, let me know and I can test it out and possibly make it official. You can also upload your config file to mediafire or dropbox or something similar, and post the link. I will then put the link in the OP for others to download and use.

You can also check out the list of things I plan to have in v8 below:

- the possibility of having a wound infected when a certain amount of damage is taken, this will cause negative effects on the player

- the possibility of breaking a limb when a certain amount of damage is taken, more negative effects

- the ability to remide the above, along with other remide items which will hint at future virus'

- 5 new tiers of bandages

- balanced posions

Sorry for the delay,

mbolz

If anything, Antipoison should not require empty bottle, but water bottle instead.

If anything, Antipoison should not require empty bottle, but water bottle instead.

Depends on the potency of serum you're aiming for. A stronger antivenom you'd want to be less watered down I'd Imagine.

Depends on the potency of serum you're aiming for. A stronger antivenom you'd want to be less watered down I'd Imagine.

If you take it as powder, you don't need to put it in bottles. Otherwise it still requires some water.

I'll be releasing an update sometime in the next few days hopefully, all I need to do is the textures. Sadly the update will no include everything I wished it to have, but non the less, it will still add some things.

I also will not be hanging the recipe for anti-poison, just because the ink sacs would make a very thick liquid already, and all the anti-poison is is mushed up ink sacs in a glass bottle, I could almost just change the recipe to be drinking the ink right out of the sac lol.

I will not waste bones dropping them all over the places anymore! now they will have a use finally

PS maybe in future plans you can add recipes which involve the use of some (now useless) minerals or gems, what you think?

PPS Are you aware of the fact that cacti dye can't be obtained without vanilla furnace, which is disable in TFC? moreover pestle is obtainable with vanilla planks