Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
unaManu

Snow & Winter

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just came here to ask if, with TerraFirma Craft 2, the snow will start again to fall.

I know there is the forge problem, but maybe in the meantime some progress was made...

I really like this mod, actually it's the only reason I play Minecraft, but I miss the atmosphere you can get in a dark cold winter night, safe & hot in your cozy house, with the snow falling outside.

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure they will re-add snow as soon as forge makes the hook, don't worry.

Thank you for the answer, but I've read in some other post in this forum that the developers were asking the forge developers for the hook, and this was months ago, so, is there some update?

What the forge developers plan to do?

Yeah, about that... i know as much as you : i guess you could get some info in their own forums?

well, there seems to be little to no infromation currently on TFCII and what it's going to have, but guessing it's going to be fairly similar to TFC, but with quite a few major changes pretty much like any mod revision like IC2, EE3, TC3 and the like

Just saying, Thaumcraft 3 is like a WHOLE new game from Thaumcraft 2. or even 1.

Just saying, Thaumcraft 3 is like a WHOLE new game from Thaumcraft 2. or even 1.

well thaumcraft 3 has the same basic principals of TC2 research things, and then make said thing using magics. TC3 just made it all better. TC1 on the otherhand was rather sad,

well thaumcraft 3 has the same basic principals of TC2 research things, and then make said thing using magics. TC3 just made it all better. TC1 on the otherhand was rather sad,

True, but other than the very basic aspect of it, it was fundamentally different in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

I do agree that TC 1 was sad though, You look at it now, and you would barely even know that TC3 used to be TC1.

But again, if you want to get technical, TFCII is a complete rewrite of TFC, so the code itself will be different, but keepign the same idea behind it. But that is getting technical. :|

True, but other than the very basic aspect of it, it was fundamentally different in pretty much every other aspect of the game.

I do agree that TC 1 was sad though, You look at it now, and you would barely even know that TC3 used to be TC1.

But again, if you want to get technical, TFCII is a complete rewrite of TFC, so the code itself will be different, but keepign the same idea behind it. But that is getting technical. :|

i guess the same could be said about IC and IC2, except the difference was that Alblacka actually learned how to code well in IC2, because for all its good parts, IC1 was rather terrible, like remember the cable blocks? yeah.

but yes, sometimes a complete re-write is neccesary,i tend to think of it as you start with the mod, a piece of paper, and each new added feature is like a sticky note glued onto the original mod idea, after a while, the mod starts getting choked up with all these things and has become either a completely different thing, or has become so laden down by these that is cases to work well, so then, you need to get a new sheet of paper, and, using the ideas on the sticky notes, add them all into the new sheet of paper

i guess the same could be said about IC and IC2, except the difference was that Alblacka actually learned how to code well in IC2, because for all its good parts, IC1 was rather terrible, like remember the cable blocks? yeah.

but yes, sometimes a complete re-write is neccesary,i tend to think of it as you start with the mod, a piece of paper, and each new added feature is like a sticky note glued onto the original mod idea, after a while, the mod starts getting choked up with all these things and has become either a completely different thing, or has become so laden down by these that is cases to work well, so then, you need to get a new sheet of paper, and, using the ideas on the sticky notes, add them all into the new sheet of paper

The thing is (I think) that when you start working on a project this big, you can't write down everything you will ever add to it before you start working on it. There are always ideas you think of on the fly and then implement them. Stuff like that and features that are not permanent (e.g. nerfed chest size) clunk up the code so it's no longer efficient and easy to read. So the main point of the rewrite I believe is to get all of the new features to fit in and work together, getting rid of all the unnecesary stuff left behind, which might lead to better performance aswell.