Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlmightySquid

[b75] Collection of all current bugs and glitches

29 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm making a new bug collection thread because the old one for b75 kinda got forgotten and wasn't maintained. If you find any new bugs or glitches it would be nice if you could post them in this thread, this will also help the support section clean up from all the bug reports. I'll sort the bugs all in this thread in some order. Minor bugs are mainly visual glitches and well, basically just annoyances. Medium bugs are bugs that can be a big annoyance, but are still not really game-breaking. Major bugs you can guess what those are :)

Full list of reproduced / confirmed bugs:

Minor

[] Peat can't be shift-clicked into the firepit fuel slots, instead when shift-clicked it will place it into the burn slot.

[] Sometimes shift-clicking ore/gems from the sluice GUI can make those items "glitched" and unable to stack with other items of that same kind. The workaround is simple. Don't shift click anything out of the sluice, just drag it out into your inventory and don't stack it with anything. Then place the item into a chest. At this point, you should be able to freely shift-click and stack the said item.

[] While any GUI is open, if you single click an item from a stack of items and then try to restack that item, it cannot stack again until you close that GUI, except sometimes by shift-clicking it out of the GUI.

[] If a chunk contaning a stone anvil with a hammer in it (and rendered on top if it) is unloaded, the next time you visit it the hammer will no longer render unless you reopen the anvil GUI (this only affects the anvil and hammer visually, physically the hammer is still inside the anvil GUI).

[] Firepits will display their burning animation and still give off light even when they techincally stop burning.

[] Similiar to the above rendering bug, a forge will still emmit light even when it has stopped burning.

[] Well known bug, but still, sometimes chisel modes will mess up, requring a relog or even a client restart to fix. Note: There is an ingame workaround to fix this. What you have to do is, figure out which of the modes is the detail chiseling mode, and use that mode on any block. Once you did that, switch to the actual detailed chisel mode and chisel the block again. After this, chisel modes will work normally again. Thanks MDub!

[] Sometimes, you won't be able to chisel blocks from the bottom side. This only applies to slabbing and stair chiseling. Detailed chiseling appears to work fine.

[] Using a shovel to dig out farmland (tilled dirt blocks) won't speed up the process, it takes the same amount of time as it would to break it with your fist.

[] Digging sand with a shovel is crazy fast.

[] Javelins like to bounce off, resulting in the thrower being hit back with the javelin if he is too close to his target.

[] Destroying a forge block takes a LOT of time (this may possibly be intended?).

[] Grass can grow on dirt blocks directly below farmland (tilled dirt).

[] In multiplayer, TFC doors (the ones made with actual planks, not plank blocks), will frequently glitch out and you won't be able to go through them even though they appear to be open. Currently there is a simple workaround for this. Simply LEFT click once on the door and it will display it's true state (open or closed).

[] Trying to place a place a plank item in the same block space where there's already a slab will result in the player doing so getting kicked and an Internal Server Error. I understand this bug itself is practically impossible to fix, but it would be neat if it didn't crash new people that try doing it.

[] When a creeper explosion destroys a small surface rock, it will drop a square block with a stone texture that has no name when observed from the inventory. Placing said block on the ground will create one of those small rocks on the ground.

[] Pigs can climb out of a 2 block deep hole.

[] Male chickens lay eggs and male cows give milk.

[] If you chisel the blocks in front of a door down just 1 slab, you can't get in the door from the chiseled DOWN block but you can go through it from the other side.

[] Support beams can be exploited in such a manner that you only need horizontal ones to keep a ceiling from collapsing. Images in this post: http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__53619

[] Sides of support beams that are not adjacent to an air block (they are next to a stone/dirt etc. block) will not be rendered. This will result in support beams being invisible from the side that are facing other blocks, since support beams aren't wide as an usual minecraft block.

[] Similiar to the above rendering bug, the sides of the bellows block will not render if adjacent to a solid block.

[] Upon re-lighting a forge using the firestarter, it will take on the texture of a log pile. It will keep this texture until the forge GUI is opened again.

[] Ore blocks do not display breaking animations.

[] Anvil sounds don't play in multiplayer.

[] Sometimes sequoia trees will generate 1 block above the ground, usually on top of tall grass.

Medium

[] [Rare] Sometimes when you place Flux into the Flux slot of an Anvil (either left clicking a stack, right clicking a stack or even moving a single flux from your inventory) the GUI will 'Eat' the flux. It vanishes, even entire stacks of flux can vanish this way.

[] [Rare] Right clicking anywhere with a hammer will make that hammer dissapear and it cannot be retrieved. Applies to both stone and metal hammers of all tiers.

[] [Rare] Cutting down a sequoia will crash the server with the message "Server closed".

[] In caves, mobs will frequently get stuck behind stalagmites and sometimes stalactites when trying to get to you. This can make cave exploration very easy in some cases, as you can just sit back and fire arrows or javelins at the stuck mob.

[] Similiar to the above bug, mobs will try to jump over (and fail to do so) over 1.5m high blocks (normal block with a slab / chiseled block on top of it), making it so they can't reach you.

[] Animals will kill themselves by walking into solid objects and taking damage as if the block fell on them.

[] Similiar to the above bug, squids will often swim 1 block above the water surface, essentially killing themselves after a few seconds (since a recent Minecraft update, squids that are out of water will die).

[] Stone can be duplicated while in the knapping GUI. Detailed bug walkthrough in this thread: http://terrafirmacra...th-shift-click/

[] You can't chisel slabs or stairs from the bottom of a block if there is another block on top of the one you are trying to chisel. If there is no block above it, it will work normally. Detailed chiseling mode still works either way.

[] Leaves harvested with shears do not always drop their respective types of leaf blocks.

[] Updating a block next to a leaf block (placing/destroying a block next to it) will result in the said leaf block dissapearing. If the block placed is also a leaf block, both will dissapear. I can't make hedges D:

Major

[] [Rare] When smelting ore, throwing the ore in first (before the charcoal) MAY lead to all your ore being lost. This is a very rare bug and only a few people have reproduced it so far, so it seems like it's pretty random. But I suggest to always throw charcoal in first, better safe than sorry.

[] Animals giving birth will sometimes eject their offspring into nearby blocks, essentially killing them to a chorus of tiny baby animal screams.

[] It's impossible to actually make a steel knife. The anvil 'brackets' are so far to the right that you cannot do 2 DRAWS and a HIT without shooting past it to the left side, even if you are touching the right edge of the progress line when you try. With the earlier metals it is a challenge but still possible.

[] It is possible to duplicate food in the food preparation block. Detailed bug walktrough in this post: http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__54504

[] Destroying leaves with shears has the regular chance of dropping sticks. This means that you can obtain leaves with shears, place them down, and keep picking them up with shears, getting sticks in the process. Infinite stick source. Might work for saplings as well.

Additional: Some people are having errors while trying to create a new world. I would be one, but there was another person with the same issue. This is with the most recent build. When generating a new world, the minecraft client needs to be forced off in the Task Manager, then started again to get the world to load. Minor bug, really.

Additional: Some people are having errors while trying to create a new world. I would be one, but there was another person with the same issue. This is with the most recent build. When generating a new world, the minecraft client needs to be forced off in the Task Manager, then started again to get the world to load. Minor bug, really.

Are you using the correct version of Forge? (486)

Are you using the correct version of Forge? (486)

Actually, I checked, and I am. But as a side note, another bug I've found. Some ores aren't forming properly in the world. As in, they show as a different kind of rock.

Posted Image

Like that. In addition, it doesn't work too well with REI's Minimap. I'm not sure what side the fault is on there though.

Actually, I checked, and I am. But as a side note, another bug I've found. Some ores aren't forming properly in the world. As in, they show as a different kind of rock.

Posted Image

Like that. In addition, it doesn't work too well with REI's Minimap. I'm not sure what side the fault is on there though.

Are you sure that another rock layer isn't above you? That ore deposit could belong to the above layer. Also, what difficulties are you experiencing with REI's minimap? It works fine on my end.

he may mean the color rendering of REI's. And in that case he is correct, as it just renders most everything as white/black on the map..

The minimap is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing, taking the colors from the images it is given in the terrain sheets. TFC gives it grayscale grass, it shows grayscale grass.

Are you sure that another rock layer isn't above you? That ore deposit could belong to the above layer. Also, what difficulties are you experiencing with REI's minimap? It works fine on my end.

But here's the issue, its not just above it. That layer is about ten layers above the ore. This is embedded in just basalt. Most of my copper mine was this way. No siltstone touching even. But I still got the ore forming that way. So its a definite bug.

The minimap is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing, taking the colors from the images it is given in the terrain sheets. TFC gives it grayscale grass, it shows grayscale grass.

I just wish someone would add a compatibility layer, seeing that most people use REI's minimap, so that we can have grass showing correctly as according to biome. Vanilla already has this working, it can't be that hard to do the same for TFCraft. Or at least show the terrain as green, because that grey is pretty annoying to look at.

But here's the issue, its not just above it. That layer is about ten layers above the ore. This is embedded in just basalt. Most of my copper mine was this way. No siltstone touching even. But I still got the ore forming that way. So its a definite bug.

But the layer above was siltstone, correct? And it was only 10 blocks lower than the siltstone layer? That's not a big issue if I understood you correctly.

Dear AlmightySquid. All this is only minor errors and bugs. They have also often angry, I will not lie, but they are nothing compared to the bug from duping items! I only know a few, but how many know the other players? I have my server TFC and I am constantly confronted with the problem, many people have already had to ban. I think fashion is the main problem. And that's not counting some blocks, which at a certain angle and become transparent, allows to look through the earth! I always ischyu caves underground ))

Dear AlmightySquid. All this is only minor errors and bugs. They have also often angry, I will not lie, but they are nothing compared to the bug from duping items! I only know a few, but how many know the other players? I have my server TFC and I am constantly confronted with the problem, many people have already had to ban. I think fashion is the main problem. And that's not counting some blocks, which at a certain angle and become transparent, allows to look through the earth! I always ischyu caves underground ))

Can you describe the duping bug more in depth? How to reproduce it, when does it happen..?

And about being able to see caves through blocks sometimes, vanilla Minecraft has the same bug, so it's a derp on their side.

Glad you picked this up, havent been playing enough to get it updated

I wanted to note that for the chisel mode bug, if you can figure out which offset to use (+/- some number of chisel modes to get you the mode you actually want, and not the mode thats displayed incorrectly), get to detailed mode. Then begin detailing a block, and then change your chisel to a different mode. Now the chisel mode should corrrectly represent the actual chisel state.

I wanted to note that for the chisel mode bug, if you can figure out which offset to use (+/- some number of chisel modes to get you the mode you actually want, and not the mode thats displayed incorrectly), get to detailed mode. Then begin detailing a block, and then change your chisel to a different mode. Now the chisel mode should corrrectly represent the actual chisel state.

Thank you, made a note about that and added some other bugs.

Some bugs that I have found that are not on the list:

Sometimes when you place Flux into the Flux slot of an Anvil (either left clicking a stack, right clicking a stack or even moving a single flux from your inventory) the GUI will 'Eat' the flux. It vanishes, even entire stacks of flux can vanish this way.

When you punch a branch on a fruit tree until it breaks, the leaf blocks return with new fruit, essentially duping fruit. (this may be fixed with b75 since you don't destroy the leaf blocks anymore but it seems to still work if you destry the leaves and then punch the naked branch)

Animals giving birth will sometimes eject their offspring into nearby blocks, essentially killing them to a chorus of tiny baby animal screams.

If you chisel a block of stone that is the only 'anchor' to another block of stone, the 'other' block will drop a stone block as if you had orphaned it in midair. This can alos happen if the blocks are in a row, on the ground,.. the adjacent block will pop out of the row.

While any GUI is open, if you single click an item from a stack of items and then try to restack that item, it cannot stack again until you close that gui, except sometimes by shift-clicking it out of the gui.

As above, identical meals will not stack until you close the food prep gui and then it will often take a few seconds before they can stack. It is almost as if they are at different heating stages, but they are not heated at all.

Pigs can climb out of a 2 level deep hole, for some odd reason.

When the number of animals in a area gets high, invisible animals will still be there blocking your movementa and block placing.

Animals will kill themselves by walking into solid objects.. and taking damage as if the block fell on them. Sqids do this a lot.

2 computers in the same room with the exact same filesets, MC 1.4.6, Forge 486, Player API 1.4 cannot connect via LAN due to a Class Not Found for an encryption protocol 'bouncycastle'. Now this may not be a TFC issue but if it is a forge issue, how can I update my forge version and still keep TFC running correctly?

That's off the top of my head, if I recall any more that are not on the list i'll add them later.

-Llywylln

While any GUI is open, if you single click an item from a stack of items and then try to restack that item, it cannot stack again until you close that gui, except sometimes by shift-clicking it out of the gui.

As above, identical meals will not stack until you close the food prep gui and then it will often take a few seconds before they can stack. It is almost as if they are at different heating stages, but they are not heated at all.

These bugs have something to do with the method used so the GUI only accepts one item per slot. For some reason even when you're only clicking within your inventory they will not stack. Other GUIs (like chests) still allow you to stack items within your inventory while you are rearranging things.

Animals giving birth will sometimes eject their offspring into nearby blocks, essentially killing them to a chorus of tiny baby animal screams.

Oh good, I thought I was the only one having the problem when baby animals would suffocate.

Good job finding these.

When I started playing with TFC I loved the idea that you could make the day and year longer, so i did that right away. Trouble was that we started noticing the great lengths of time it took to get crops and animals to produce... I recently reset my day and year to make them standard again, so my farm/ranch produced for the first time. I had 8 pregnant pigs, 12 pregnant cows, 6 pregnant sheep and 7 pregnant chickens all in about a 2 square chunk area. upon setting the time back to normal, I loaded in and approached my ranch... I was greeted by a cacaphony of animal pain noises that went on for about five minutes. My chicken area had a neat chicken coop in it and many of the chicks were 'inside' the wall blocks. The other animals were fenced in with stone walls (as in TFC Phyllite Stone Wall fencing) but they were still managing to die violentlyall on their own.

When the carnage ended I had about 4 chicks left, 3 calves, 4 piglets, and 2 lambs, plus all of the surviving adults. Never having seen a mother animal give birth in TFC I had no notion of how many there would be, but given the numbers of mothers I had, I would have gotten more offspring from the vanilla mating process, and it wouldn't have been anywhere near as disturbing to listen to...

-Llywylln

A couple more bugs for the list:

It's impossible to actually make a steel knife. The anvil 'brackets' are so far to the right that you cannot do 2 DRAWs and a HIT without shooting past it to the left side, even if you are touching the right edge of the progress line when you try. With the earlier metals it is a challenge but still possible, but with steel (and maybe wrought iron, but I never make any wrought iron tools, I go straight to steel) it's impossible.

When I cut leaves with shears they don't match the tree type. For instance today i was cutting leaves off of a White Cedar tree and I was getting Oak Leaves dropping.

Javelins have a targetting issue: I was being fired upon by a skeleton that was standing behind some animals, cows and sheep. He was able to shoot his bow at me over them, but my javelin would always hit the animals, no matter how high I aimed.

Also with javelins, if the target is too close, the seem to bounce back and hit the thrower too.

During a cave in today, I had an invisible block drop. It landed on another block and I could then see through the top of the block it was sitting on. I picked it with a pickaxe and it vanished leaving me a limestone rock... funnier still, there is no limestone in that area. Just Chert and Granite galore.

Male chickens lay eggs. :)

Male cows give milk.

Twice today while running down a narrow tunnel (1 wide 3 high) I temporarily 'phased' into the floor and started taking damage. I believe it happened on a chunk border each time, if that helps.

Again, that's all that's coming to me now. Keep up the good work folks, TFC is the new standard for survival MC.

-Llywylln

OK, here is a New One that I just found, since it is an Exploitable Duping bug, I thought I should report it.

I was placing an item 2 bllocks above my cooking surface. I know that the cooking surface takes up an invisible block, but I didn't think it would be listening to the block above that. When I placed the block, all of the food and bowls I had inside my CS popped out. So I placed them back inside, not paying much attention at that point. I decided I didn't like the look of the block I placed over the CS so I removed it. Again, the CS dumped all my food and bowls on me.(come to think on it, this behavior might be a bug in and of itself) Anyhow, while I was replacing my food items, I noticed that my steak stack had become a full 64 when it had been 24... so I tesed it out... by placing small stacks (8 or 16) of each item in the CS and popping it out my items would double, about half of the time. i eventually had 64 stacks of all my food. my bowls didn't double though and now that I think on it, I think they were all powers of 2 (I had 51 bowls) but my steak, eggs, chicken, and wheat bread all doubled.

Not sure if this matters, but the CS was on a 'Jammy Furniture Kitchen Side' and the block I was placing over it was another of the same block. I didn't test tis one any other block combo.

-Llywylln

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0