Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
paradan

Hi.

37 posts in this topic

I think you are great when it comes to texture packs , but it just repeats it self and that is very obious especially when it comes to High Resolution Texture Pack's i think you need to add a bit of randomization to it! Like (i think) John Smith's that most builders use ( in vanilla considering there are better builders that have better build's in vanilla ) to spice things up , that is because they're wall looks to flat and boring (non exciting) sometimes flat walls are inevetabble do to lack of space , but they remedy that using some randomization that gives it a nice touch ! I like the texture pack but its a little to plain for me ( even tho its complex )

I'm all for randomization, if the engine allowed it I could generate a unique texture for everyblock at runtime, all seamless and non-repeating, the node maps already exist.

I can wiggle the bricks around so they are uneven, I can add cracks and weathering, etc.

I've seen the natural texture and random texture options in optifine. If someone could tell me how to set these up, where to put the textures, I will make it happen.

Also I'd love to be able to have a different texture for the top/bottom of blocks, it would let me do more realistic raw stone and more interesting cobble.

Side note:

right now all 23 types of stone use the same pattern for cobble,brick and smooth. my plan is to change this so that each stone flavor gets its own pattern or variant. if I do this though it will cause seems between blocks of different stone types. bricks and cobble wont line up when you place a granite next to a phyllite for example. I didnt know if this would be an issue for builders or not so I went seamless for intial release.

-snip-

so in this last one we have granite and limestone bricks plust smoothed limestone. i hate this limestone, it'll get changed eventually.

This looks very nice.. I like texture packs to not change too much of the game.. Otherwise I get confused. Making certain rocks totally different color from how they look normally really throws me for a loop, for example :P

I want, gimme gimme

Is that a slide rule in the last pic?

yeah, i figure he lost his iPad and phone when he got stranded.

so I checked out the tutorial, and looks good, but its something I'll get to later.

sitting on my desktop is a little zip named ParaFirma Pack 1.0 :lol:

its far from complete but its enough to be able to play without it being a major eye sore.

I want everyone to get a chance to make requests for tile patterns, fancy doors, etc.

should I just use adfly, or what? (remember first time for me)

Posted Image

coming soon...

While some people complain about adfly. I do not mind using it and giving some small donation to an author. After all, your time is valuable and the least we can do is give back in at least some small way.

so I checked out the tutorial, and looks good, but its something I'll get to later.

sitting on my desktop is a little zip named ParaFirma Pack 1.0 :lol:/>

its far from complete but its enough to be able to play without it being a major eye sore.

I want everyone to get a chance to make requests for tile patterns, fancy doors, etc.

should I just use adfly, or what? (remember first time for me)

Posted Image

coming soon...

yeah mediafire + adfly I guess, I don't mind.. definitely interested in seeing the pack for myself :D

personally I hate adfly. i dont like it when sites use tricky shit to try and get you to click on some ad.

mostly I was just wondering what some good options were. the only other time I made files available for DL, was some L4D levels, and L4Dmaps took care of that.

as for money, give it to bioxx and dunk. their job is harder.

I'll get it up on mediafire tonight, and make an official post down in Textures when I do.

Thanks to everyone for the interest and lookin forward to more feedback.

By the way there is a texture pack area to get more exposure for your hard work.

TerraFirmaCraft Forums →Show Off →Texture Packs

Sorry just saw you found it. My nmistake. Downloading now. :)