Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DaGamerGang

Crude Maps and Compasses

16 posts in this topic

maybe we can have a compass or map! you know, a simple/crude map made out of reeds and ink sacks (and if you wanted to have colored stuff on the map, you would need to get the dyes from something ) and for the compass, it could be like the vanilla one but a little off... thank you for your consideration.

A simple/crude map ?? ... You will have to explain some more.

Why should a compass be a little off in TFC... that wouldn't be very believable, would it?

And since TFC is all about believability, you're going to have to explain that a bit more also.

well i guess, you would have to put the ink on it yourself. and it has a texture like a papyrus paper in Egypt. its not exact but it still works..... i guess you will kinda need an imagination to see what im talking about... and the compass, im looking for an crafting recipe that involves if you use a tier 0 metals the compass will be REALLY BAD! but if u use higher number tiers, it will be a little more accurate each tier up.

please, i'd hate to bust it but.....

USE SEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(people melt if you dont!)

this and similar has been discussed, shot down, stomped upon, agreed to, turned thrice in its own blood and any similar graphic fashion of discussing have been made in numerous threads.

If you have something new to say please do post it on the respective thread(s).

Or alternatively post it in the TFC2 forum.

Thank you for your time :)

im sorry, i didnt know i was posting in TFC2. i just thought it was a new idea....

nono this is the TFC forum :) ......well there are two versions of this mod.

The one which suggestion part we are in we like to call TFC1 or just TFC.

TFC2 is in the making, it is a complete rewrite of TFC1.

They have their respective discussion, suggestion and so on

(try looking at the forum main page and youll see).

But the important thing is that there is a search function in the upper right.

Before you post any suggestion, a good idea is to search for that idea to see if anyone came before you.

So you would be searching for keywords like...Map, Mapmaking, Cartography (there is a thread like that) and so on.

And if you find nothing or your idea is very unique opposed to the other similar ideas, well POST! :P.

Turniphead out.

well, yes. But it is nothing that i have heard before, other than the compass thing.

But i do have a little constructive criticism (as in the only thing allowed in this forum ;) )

there are only few metals that are magnetic to a useable scale, iron being the best of them (cobalt compass ?? nahh)

so instead of having it being a tiered thing, maybe it would make more sense to just make it a thing you can get endgame with iron ?

well you decide ^^

another thing i have seen in posts from you, try to really set it in stone what ideas you have, else nobody will understand.

(without sounding like a grizzled old "veteran" that has been there, no. definitely not :P )

(without sounding like a grizzled old "veteran" )

my ears are ringing

ETERNAL!!!! :D

would you be happy if i added "which i definitely not am"

??

ETERNAL!!!! :D

would you be happy if i added "which i definitely not am"

??

Lol makes no difference to me

Maps would be so much simpler if you could place a piece of paper, then rightclick it with a quill (ink and feather) and draw. You could draw a person, or a map. This way, map-making involves skill, not magic (A map that draws itself? Really?).

Tiered compasses don't really make much sense. magnetism aside, what's going to separate a steel compass from a zinc one.

However, the outside of a compass doesn't have to be magnetic (like the vanilla recipe) just the needle. The very first compasses were simple a bowl of water with a needle floating on a leaf inside it.