Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaGamerGang

Drinking Rain

38 posts in this topic

i was thinking that when it rains, and you are in the rain, your thirst meter will SLOWLY fill up like you were drinking it!

eeh, have you tried drinking the rain? yea, it doesnt work like that :D

GUYS! HAVE AN IMAGINATION!!!!! maybe your thirst doesnt go down

This mod is in most part about believability. That said, walking in the rain and not getting thirsty just doesn't cut it for me.

what about filling a bottle up slowly? you fill bottles with rain in irl if you dont have a river.

what about filling a bottle up slowly? you fill bottles with rain in irl if you dont have a river.

That sounds better, but I think barrels/cauldrons would be even better. Leave a cauldron or barrel out on rain and it will slowly fill up.

That sounds better, but I think barrels/cauldrons would be even better. Leave a cauldron or barrel out on rain and it will slowly fill up.

Maybe this could be combined with my suggestion here?

Like, leave it out for a complete rainstorm and it's filled with water?

Maybe this could be combined with my suggestion here?

Like, leave it out for a complete rainstorm and it's filled with water?

I think, minecraft cauldrons are already working like that.

Yeah! Your idea is great! Just how did you get the cauldron texture?

What do you mean "texture"? It's in the texture pack files, of course.

Do you fell good when you drink destiled water ? (bottle or no bottle )

Destiled water is water that has no minerals and no use for you're organism , doesn't taste good aswell and it is used for lab expriments . Rain is distiled water because it turned into steam by heat then formed a cloud because of wind and lost all its minerals(they stayed where it boiled ) ....and later fell in you're mought whitout any nurishment that you're body could use .!

Astronauts drink distilled water, so obviously it still has some value. I assume its got something to do with the polar nature of the water molecule, and while it might not taste good, and wont contain minerals, that doesnt make it useless to living creatures. Also as a side note, dont ever try to boil distilled water, it wont boil, and if you do something like add salt (an impurity) to the water after its become super heated (> 212f) it will flash boil, and eject boiling water all over hell....

yknow what? on the topic of drinking, shouldnt the regular water drinking be changed? i mean seriously, you don't instantly become un thirsty by standing knee deep in a pool of water. at least make it so you have to sneak to simulate bending down to drink the water, also that will make it so you dont drink while just swiming

yknow what? on the topic of drinking, shouldnt the regular water drinking be changed? i mean seriously, you don't instantly become un thirsty by standing knee deep in a pool of water. at least make it so you have to sneak to simulate bending down to drink the water, also that will make it so you dont drink while just swiming

I'd rather just have a proper way of storing and carrying water.

I'd rather just have a proper way of storing and carrying water.

Water bottles, already in-game. Crafted just like vanilla water bottles.

I must say that a simple yet flavorful change would be changing water bottles to waterskins and have them be crafted by combining leather, string and knife (keeping knife, like when you make bowls).

Water bottles, already in-game. Crafted just like vanilla water bottles.

Notice my use of the word "proper". I don't think I've ever made a vanilla bottle after trying out my first one and noticing it's completely and utterly useless. These days, I usually carry a water bucket around, but I'd rather have a water skin or similar, with at least 5 uses, if not 20.

Im glad you guys are injoying my sugestion!

We're not. This is a tangent discussion after we decided that your idea is just silly :P

but I'd rather have a water skin or similar, with at least 5 uses, if not 20.

Yeah, that's a very small bottle if it can only hold enough water for one one sip..

Also as a side note, dont ever try to boil distilled water, it wont boil

Distilled water can boil. It boils at 373.15K or 100°C.

We're not. This is a tangent discussion after we decided that your idea is just silly :P

your still enjoying....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0