Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaGamerGang

Drinking Rain

38 posts in this topic

Astronauts drink distilled water, so obviously it still has some value. I assume its got something to do with the polar nature of the water molecule, and while it might not taste good, and wont contain minerals, that doesnt make it useless to living creatures. Also as a side note, dont ever try to boil distilled water, it wont boil, and if you do something like add salt (an impurity) to the water after its become super heated (> 212f) it will flash boil, and eject boiling water all over hell....

I truly doubt its completely distilled, completely distilled water isn't that healthy to drink.

we drink water for its minerals, 100% distilled water actually extracts minerals from our body, effectively draining us of what we need to live, go ahead and try, you will grow sick or even die -_-

Distilled water can boil. It boils at 373.15K or 100°C.

Alright, time for some physics facts:

1) Distilled water boils at 100°C, impure water has other boiling points, mostly close to 100% (if it's just a tiny bit impure of course)

2) Water can superheat, meaning it goes beyond it's boilding point temperature without boiling. This happens due to a complex interaction between vapor and ambient pressure, meaning the water vapor bubbles can't escape, so the liquid doesn't boil.

3) MDub's statement is an urban myth. Pure liquids are not required for superheating. I assume that any impurities causing surface tension of the liquid to drop, also lessen the chance of superheating, but the whole "distilled water is dangerous to heat" thing is just BS.

Also BS is the idea that distilled water is unhealthy. It's just water. Pure water. It isn't bad for you just because it doesn't come in a bottle with a pretty picture of a stream on the label. And pure water doesn't extract anything from you, it simply lowers their overall concentration in your body - the other stuff only LEAVES your body if you're one of those idiots that insists on drinking 16 glasses a day, giving your body no chance to reabsorb anything.

I'm with noodles, sneak to drink.

Also BS is the idea that distilled water is unhealthy. It's just water. Pure water. It isn't bad for you just because it doesn't come in a bottle with a pretty picture of a stream on the label. And pure water doesn't extract anything from you, it simply lowers their overall concentration in your body - the other stuff only LEAVES your body if you're one of those idiots that insists on drinking 16 glasses a day, giving your body no chance to reabsorb anything.

I'm with noodles, sneak to drink.

Yeah, it's debatable if purified water is less healthy (for example, people sometimes get part of their calcium intake from water), but it's certainly not unhealthy. The osmosis comment killster550 made is simply not true either. In fact, lots of water coolers are filled with purified water and I don't see Dilbert's kin dying.

On the other hand, if you would drink a lot of salt water...then we could start talking about osmosis.

what if you cant get your water from the ocean? only from rivers or ponds? because of the Salt and other stuff in the ocean!

On the other hand, if you would drink a lot of salt water...then we could start talking about osmosis.

on the other hand, if you start drinking a bunch of salt-water, you're probably going to get horribly sick

theres a reason people dont drink salt-water

... salt-water, you're probably going to get horribly sick

Drinking a lot of salt water will probably kill you, due to dehydration(osmosis) and kidney failure.

Sure, clean water should be difficult to get, and using leaves to try to collect rain water into some sort of container is a viable idea. But unless Steve has some sort of sponge like skin, he isn't going to get much water from just sticking his tongue out in the rain.

i was thinking that when it rains, and you are in the rain, your thirst meter will SLOWLY fill up like you were drinking it!

hahaha yeah, in reality is not advisable to drink rain water, it has no minerals essential to your body asd

hahaha yeah, in reality is not advisable to drink rain water, it has no minerals essential to your body asd

Soooo... you missed the ENTIRE discussion where that very idea was called out as bullshit?

Drink as much rainwater as you like. It's fine. Seriously.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0