Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DaGamerGang

Better Bottles

7 posts in this topic

as far as i know, there is one kind of bottle. you can fill it with water and drink it, filling half of your thirst. but what if there was a bigger bottle that fills like 3/4 or something and while im on this topic... MILK drinking milk does not fill any thirst. i think it should! it should also give you a little bit of resistance because it helps your bones grow!

It doesnt help your bones grow when your fully grown. Itll help maintain them, but not grow them.

erm... I don't think someone really needs different sizes of bottles. Since the Inventory is filled sooner as willed most the time - why should I occupy more than one slot? We can talk about the stack-size of course - but more variety? No, I really don't think that's needed... ^^

And for Milk... maybe a quater of thirst AND hunger filled? Seems to fit better imho.

erm... I don't think someone really needs different sizes of bottles. Since the Inventory is filled sooner as willed most the time - why should I occupy more than one slot? We can talk about the stack-size of course - but more variety? No, I really don't think that's needed... ^^

And for Milk... maybe a quater of thirst AND hunger filled? Seems to fit better imho.

I think that there's a need for a new kind of 'bottle' in the form of a water skin. Instead of being 'empty' or 'full' it would have a durability bar that is drained by drinking and restored by holding right click when pointing at water. Filling an empty one drains 1 bucket's worth of finite water, and obviously doesn't affect generated water. Would hold enough water to fill your thirst bar twice over.

Necessary when living near a nice lake-side forest? hardly. But you'd damn well better have one if you plan on visiting a desert

I think that there's a need for a new kind of 'bottle' in the form of a water skin. Instead of being 'empty' or 'full' it would have a durability bar that is drained by drinking and restored by holding right click when pointing at water. Filling an empty one drains 1 bucket's worth of finite water, and obviously doesn't affect generated water. Would hold enough water to fill your thirst bar twice over.

Necessary when living near a nice lake-side forest? hardly. But you'd damn well better have one if you plan on visiting a desert

This would work nicely with some of the proposed brewing ideas as well, and it makes a lot more sense than walking around with glass bottles too. (At least in my mind)

This would work nicely with some of the proposed brewing ideas as well, and it makes a lot more sense than walking around with glass bottles too. (At least in my mind)

Honestly I'd prefer glass for some things, or possibly have a volatility factor so some things hold just fine in water/wineskins but some things burn through.

I really do love the idea of being able to store more liquid for long hot journeys that you can drink slowly.