Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
DaGamerGang

Better HUD

32 posts in this topic

i like the hud now, but i kinda want it to show some numbers or something I know when you level up you get more heath so maybe it adds a new heart or number or something!

ok im gonna put a brake to you with this advice list

1: dont double post topics, click once and have some patience

2: learn what the mod is about, namely believeability (NOT REALISM) par example, its ridiculous to think you can cure thirst by drinking rain

3: if you make a suggestion topic, check the search bar to see if its been posted before

4: dont hate people when your idea is debunked when they properly explain why (or give a valid reason) instead, learn

5: lurk more to learn about how people make their suggestion topics properly

6: if you make a suggestion, make it a decent-sized one, not just a one liner with what you want, but think of the following reasons: why would your suggestion be good for the mod, what would it give us, how would it be implemented, in short, think about every possible aspect

7: dont create a shitton of topics if they're all going to be oneliners, make a compilation and pay attention to rule 6

edit: 8: if you want to post something unrelated to the topic at hand (i thought i was special-esque sentences,) go to the IRC, instead of on the forums.

sorry man. i didn't mean to double post. and i would just think that some people might get the thing i was talking about.

if you want people to understand what you're talking about, use pictures, or fully describe your idea, and especially: WHAT WOULD IT ADD FOR THE MOD and what are the downsides, how to balance it (a infinite ore generator is overpowered as hell for example, but not if it'd make you die every 2 seconds its active)

all it does is change what your heath bar looks like! THATS IT! what more do you need!?!?

all it does is change what your heath bar looks like! THATS IT! what more do you need!?!?

I personally prefer the health bar without numbers displayed. You should never know for sure how much more hits you can take exactly.

It's somewhat like displaying the durabilty numbers on tools, it's just that you shouldn't be able to tell EXACTLY how much more times you can swing your axe before it breaks, but you can roughly estimate with the durability bar.

well, i was actually thinking of going in the exact opposite direction

http://terrafirmacra...val-of-the-hud/

i think it would work better if we had a minimal or even nonexistant hud so you have to be on the ball with knowing how to survive and not just be able to look at a little magical bar that tells you exactly how hurt you are

-edit- is it just me or are the people's pictures a whole lot smaller than they used to be?

its been changed ever since the color change by span *waves angry fist*

ok im gonna put a brake to you with this advice list

1: dont double post topics, click once and have some patience

2: learn what the mod is about, namely believeability (NOT REALISM) par example, its ridiculous to think you can cure thirst by drinking rain

3: if you make a suggestion topic, check the search bar to see if its been posted before

4: dont hate people when your idea is debunked when they properly explain why (or give a valid reason) instead, learn

5: lurk more to learn about how people make their suggestion topics properly

6: if you make a suggestion, make it a decent-sized one, not just a one liner with what you want, but think of the following reasons: why would your suggestion be good for the mod, what would it give us, how would it be implemented, in short, think about every possible aspect

7: dont create a shitton of topics if they're all going to be oneliners, make a compilation and pay attention to rule 6

edit: 8: if you want to post something unrelated to the topic at hand (i thought i was special-esque sentences,) go to the IRC, instead of on the forums.

*sniffles and tears up*

they grow up so fast...

Numbers and tfc don't mix.

How much health do you have in real life right now?

No, I want an exact number.

How many times do I have to punch you before you die?

You don't know! Why should you?

Why is everyone taking this so seriously!? ITS A SUGGESTION!!!!

We don't have to agree with every suggestion.. I'm sorry but if you're making a suggestion don't always expect to have hundreds of happy people throwing flowers at you and liking your post.

your not helping.

I'm just saying you should learn to take constructive criticism, even if it means having your thread nuked.

your not helping.

you're not using "your" correctly

your not helping.

You're: contraction of 'you are'

Your: 2nd person posessive

Yore: a time in the distant past and/or something from such a time

alright since the grammar nazis have outlived their wet dreams now. Please not that much butthurt

BE HAPPY :P

Why is everyone taking this so seriously!? ITS A SUGGESTION!!!!

You don't want want us to take your ideas seriously?

you know what i mean.

well, to be quite honest, i think the development of TFC is going in the complete opposite direction of your suggestion

less obvious visable counters and numbers for you to see, because think about it, can you actually see a floaty little bar that tells you exactly how many times you can get hit before dying?

but, with the way that the health bar is now, i think you could accomplish what you're after with a simple texture addon that gives a number to the health bar or something like that

alright since the grammar nazis have outlived their wet dreams now. Please not that much butthurt

BE HAPPY :P

If we were happy, we'd be grammar boyscouts.

We're not.

Spell Heil.

Posted Image

Spell Heil.

Heil?

Sieg heil -> Spell heil

Heil meaning hail in German.

that was not the point, take eternals post literal and you'll know what i mean

P.S. Zu einem nicht ganz unrelatierten umstand, ich bin in Deutschland geboren :P

that was not the point, take eternals post literal and you'll know what i mean

P.S. Zu einem nicht ganz unrelatierten umstand, ich bin in Deutschland geboren :P

Wunderbar, aber google translate macht dies eine kleine Hürde

Ich sage immer noch die Rechtschreibung gelobt hätte werden