Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AlmightySquid

TFC Build 76!!!

175 posts in this topic

Minecarts are going to be removed, so it doesn't really matter.

Well with tfc2 months off i was hoping tfc1 will be updated to 1.5 whatever to hitch minecarts.

And minecarts removed for tfc1? when is that happening?

the problem is in 1.5 minecarts are pushed by furnace minecarts which we don't have in tfc.. perhaps they can be put in series and pushed with the powered rails?

What's about color glass and glass-making? It's seems very good.

we have already tested pushing carts with powerrails, as soon as you use a container cart you can no longer push with boosters, so the furnace cart is the only possibility.

But Collision mechanics are being overhauled in 1.5 for the purpose of pushing additional minecarts.. so it might work. I'd test the snapshots for 1.5 if you want a place to start

Are you going to retexture those? The bricks looked a bit flat, and the ingots were a solid colour.

Really excited though.

The ingots aren't a solid colour. To save time, I render the bricks using the metal block textures already in the texture folder. Because of the way minecraft renders blocks, it looks for a flat picture for each "block", similar to how player skins are set up, with each face of the block layed out flat. The block textures are only 16x16, so to fit all the faces of the block in the same texture, I lowered the resolution. This means that the ingots are at maximum, 8x8, but NOT a solid colour.

And whats this about minecarts being removed in TFC1? As the only dev, it's a little surprising to learn what I'm apparently going to be implementing.

The ingots aren't a solid colour. To save time, I render the bricks using the metal block textures already in the texture folder. Because of the way minecraft renders blocks, it looks for a flat picture for each "block", similar to how player skins are set up, with each face of the block layed out flat. The block textures are only 16x16, so to fit all the faces of the block in the same texture, I lowered the resolution. This means that the ingots are at maximum, 8x8, but NOT a solid colour.

And whats this about minecarts being removed in TFC1? As the only dev, it's a little surprising to learn what I'm apparently going to be implementing.

You mean you didn't know what you are doing? Oooohh... sounds like old age setting in. :P

I hope you will think about doing something for breeding in future.. :D for the video, at first i was a little upset for the changes for create brick blocks, since is more difficult to create a stone roof on our houses , for the stones picked up around is weird because in these days i thought that it was unrealistic to get a cobblestone block from a single rock, now is better and consumes a large amount of all the rocks i collect asd

You mean you didn't know what you are doing? Oooohh... sounds like old age setting in. :P

I seem to recall YOU being the old man between us ;)

Why not use Gypsum in mortar recipe?

That would put an unused mineral to gut use.

note: I started playing Dworf Fortress, and now i'm getting all kinds of ideas :)

note: I started playing Dworf Fortress, and now i'm getting all kinds of ideas :)

Imagine a world where you need gypsum for bloomeries. Think on that for a while.

Dunk, tell us, please - when you plan, at least tentatively, to release 76 update, or to make the second part of the stream?

Dunk, tell us, please - when you plan, at least tentatively, to release 76 update, or to make the second part of the stream?

when I finish the features. You never know what bugs may arise and how long it will take to fix them, but I can say that the remaining work isn't brand new, it should just be a bit of a repeat of what I've already done. Mostly render-related.

Imagine a world where you need gypsum for bloomeries. Think on that for a while.

Yeah thats a good point, however what if gypsum could be used in mortar just like flux? So even though its not required, it could still be useful?

I stand corrected.

Bloomeries works only with brick blocks.

It would still be possible though, only MUCH harder.

You would have to work with zinc, tin or bismuth and a firepit, making enough pickaxes and propicks until you find Gipsum... and then be able to make a bloomery.

Come to think of it, i would probably need about 2 or 3 tin pickaxes to find gipsum... but maybe i'm just lucky at mining :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this update make cobblestone more expensive than stone bricks?

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this update make cobblestone more expensive than stone bricks?

1 cobble stone = 4 rocks

1 stone brick = 1.25 rocks, 0.125 sand, 0.125 flux, 0.125 buckets of water

Stone brick could be considered less expensive, but it requires more resources that aren't as easy to get

I really hope it ends up being for 1.5 not 1.47. would just make things smoother for us and give you time to work x]

I really hope it ends up being for 1.5 not 1.47. would just make things smoother for us and give you time to work x]

I rarely upgrade right when a Minecraft update comes out so count me among those hoping it's released for 1.4.7 first.

there's a crash related to being shot by skeletons which i have never had but some people seem to suffer from every time they get shot by an arrow ;)

Will there be even more features for Build 76 than in the video?

Will there be even more features for Build 76 than in the video?

Yes. There's going to be a part 2 when I'm done with everything.