Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
AlmightySquid

TFC Build 76!!!

175 posts in this topic

vellum is sheep skin, isn't it?

vellum is sheep skin, isn't it?

no, its traditionally calf skin, but skin is sorta just skin.

Ok so, I have a question for you!

What version of Forge are you guys building b76 on? I've been using 582 and it works well enough for me, but I thought I'd ask, for advanced prep for us with servers..

Thanks!

Ok so, I have a question for you!

What version of Forge are you guys building b76 on? I've been using 582 and it works well enough for me, but I thought I'd ask, for advanced prep for us with servers..

Thanks!

Version 1. Just to piss you off. :D

Well, that's what I would do anyway. It's close enough to April first to count.

How much do you know about how ancient books were crafted? You're lucky I'm even letting you use paper! (papyrus being a horrible form of ancient paper that didn't hold ink very well)

Interesting facts I encountered while doing research about ancient books. European books used to use vellum, not paper for pages. Vellum is a type of leather. Do you know how many cow hides were needed to make one bible?

I think the one leather is fair =P

I'm sorry I was trying to add constructive criticism? I guess I deserve being called dumb for having enthusiasm for the mod.

I'm sorry I was trying to add constructive criticism? I guess I deserve being called dumb for having enthusiasm for the mod.

Wow. You ACTUALLY just said that. No one called you dumb. I'll say this now as I've said many times and places before, if asked I will explain the reasoning behind everything I implement. You suggested that the leather might be divided into book covers. I don't think that the number of hides required to make a book is common knowledge, or just how valuable books were in ancient times. I'm not trying to insult you, make you look bad or anything of the sort. I'm sharing my knowledge with you in the hopes that your opinion of the balance will have shifted for knowing it.

I will never tell someone to stop asking questions or making suggestions unless they're not sincere (ie trolling) about them.

One thing i've learnt from the second preview of b76 is that you dunkleosteus have modified in some way how breeding is connected to time passing, what i haven't understand is a conclusion, will animals breed normally instead of being pregnant forever or what? :)

One thing i've learnt from the second preview of b76 is that you dunkleosteus have modified in some way how breeding is connected to time passing, what i haven't understand is a conclusion, will animals breed normally instead of being pregnant forever or what? :)

The "pregnant" forever problem was created due to issues both with animal births and pregnancy lengths. Both of these have been resolved, so animal breeding should work fine now :)

pregnant chickens? :blink:

Lil' chicks don't want to be laid as eggs. They want to get with the times and roll with their mammal friends!

Sweet let the good times roll.. So ready for the update :D

I'll probably fix live-birth chickens in B77

I wonder what will be the bellows recipe with the new leather-cutting mechanics...

I hadn't thought of that, Yarp. I rarely use the bellows as it is, so that doesn't really affect me, though.

I'll probably fix live-birth chickens in B77

How about making a "the little things that kill" build out of 77? Collect as many small inconsistencies (like pregnant chickens, or peat not having size/weight attributes, and so on) and fix them in one fell swoop. I bet if you made a forum thread asking players to list these things, you'd quickly get a dozen or three :P

I wonder what will be the bellows recipe with the new leather-cutting mechanics...

Same as it was before

I hadn't thought of that, Yarp. I rarely use the bellows as it is, so that doesn't really affect me, though.

How do you iron tier+?

How about making a "the little things that kill" build out of 77? Collect as many small inconsistencies (like pregnant chickens, or peat not having size/weight attributes, and so on) and fix them in one fell swoop. I bet if you made a forum thread asking players to list these things, you'd quickly get a dozen or three :P

I'll be doing a lot of that as well as adding new features

How do you iron tier+?

I was wondering the same thing... I use the heck outta my bellows lol

EDIT:

Hey I had an additional thought, have you guys already fixed the textures into individual files yet? (I realize that recoding into individual file system is the more annoying part)

Because if you hadn't finished that, I was going to volunteer to put that together for you and you guys could obviously just rename all the files as you see fit, I'm a pretty poor coder but I know how to use Paint.net so I could be slightly helpful lol. You've probably already got that finished tho, just thought I'd offer the help.

I was wondering the same thing... I use the heck outta my bellows lol

EDIT:

Hey I had an additional thought, have you guys already fixed the textures into individual files yet? (I realize that recoding into individual file system is the more annoying part)

Because if you hadn't finished that, I was going to volunteer to put that together for you and you guys could obviously just rename all the files as you see fit, I'm a pretty poor coder but I know how to use Paint.net so I could be slightly helpful lol. You've probably already got that finished tho, just thought I'd offer the help.

yeah we got it all done the other night. Thanks for the offer

The "pregnant" forever problem was created due to issues both with animal births and pregnancy lengths. Both of these have been resolved, so animal breeding should work fine now :)

You are great Dunk u.u finally won't exterminate all passive mobs in near regions only to get some useful materials

2x ingots, probably not. metal sheets? I don't know about placing them for storage, but sheet metal might be a good block to place as siding on a frame, ie as a block to walk on, or have as a wall

So double ingots are pretty hellish when trying to construct an anvil, as it's easiest to smelt->shape->weld... but if you don't have the industry (or make a mistake) to get all 7 double ingots at once, you are stuck hauling them around until you do, eating up inventory space. Seems like it shouldn't be too much work to reuse the single ingot stacking code to handle doubles...

You can store the double ingots in item frames until they are needed. Alternatively, you can store them in stone anvils that you have around your house.

You can store the double ingots in item frames until they are needed. Alternatively, you can store them in stone anvils that you have around your house.

Both of these feel like hacks... (though I'll use them... I hadn't considered using the vanilla recipe for an item frame) and with the rad single ingot stacking, it seemed like a natural next step.

Will we be able to have item frames in B76? We no longer have access to vanilla leather.

How do you iron tier+?

The bloomery and forge get hot enough to liquify the metals without the use of the bellows.

Must take tons of time to smelt them without a bellows tho, dang