Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Bob

[Offline] Roanoke: A grey listed, modified, TFC server.

250 posts in this topic

Hi guys, my name is Niels, my IGN is xOxyliquiet but everyone may call me Oxxy ^^

I would like to join this server because my experience in minecraft, or any other online game for that matter, is that its alot more fun to play with other people and this seems like a nice and friendly community.

I only recently started playing TFC so there are alot of things i don't know yet but i learn fast and remember alot.

Once i get my own little place going, and get more resources then one man can use, i'm always willing to help out other players in any way i can.

I hope you will accept this application and hopefully see you in-game :)

myundietalk

Alcarnus

Haradian

xOxyliquie

Welcome to Roanoke.

myundietalk

Alcarnus

Haradian

xOxyliquie

Welcome to Roanoke.

it might be a typo in this post but my IGN is "xOxyliquiet" with a t at the end, not "xOxyliquie" :P

it might be a typo in this post but my IGN is "xOxyliquiet" with a t at the end, not "xOxyliquie" :P

Yea, a cut and paste error. Give me a minute...

Yo guys,

Sorry for not posting sooner but my net sucked this week. I prob wont be on a lot for a few more days, but then i'll be back as often as before :) have fun!

Hey you should make a custom modpack or something with the new custom modpack or the private packs through FTB.

-C'ya, less cool Bob.

Pronounced as "Alcarnoos".

I have played with Alcarnoos on another server, he's a fine chap though indeed very busy with his life.

Please do not attempt to rustle my jimmies. I will hurt you in such a way that it will feel like pleasure.

I know this guy as well. I can assure you he is just flat out awesome :)

Oh please, my dear sir, you are too kind.

myundietalk

Alcarnus

Haradian

xOxyliquie

Welcome to Roanoke.

Since everyone is doing it, I guess I should, too. Thanks, Big Boy Bobby. I love you so very much and will enjoy every bit of you and your server.

Hey you should make a custom modpack or something with the new custom modpack or the private packs through FTB.

-C'ya, less cool Bob.

We talked about a mod pack. But I would need to chase down every author and get permission, then have to mod my mod pack...so...too much work for now.

We talked about a mod pack. But I would need to chase down every author and get permission, then have to mod my mod pack...so...too much work for now.

Yeah.. unlikely. I mean I can ask.. the big tough guy to get past is Bioxx.. don't think he goes for modpacks..

Yo Dawg, i heard you like mods so I put mod in your mods so you can mod while you mod!

Hi guys, my name's Aaron, and my IGN is Daftlad2003, I'd like to join Roanoke as my friends are starting to play here (Oxxy), and i'd like to join him, strength in numbers and all :) I myself am also new to TFC, still being in the stone age after days one end :o but hopefully with the help of the community i can learn and become better, and than help those in my position. Please consider whitelisting me, i hope to see you in game :D

Greetings. I am Andrea, and my In Game Name is Andrea_2

I played on nations at war for the whole last season, and now I am looking for a new server to join. Since some people I know are whitelisted on this server, I like terrafirmacraft and I prefer PvE to PvP anyway, I thought this could be a good place to spend my free time. I am also interested in your economy system, with trade and protection.

While I am not new to terrafirmacraft, I can't show any screenshots of my work. the only noteworthy thing I built so far is a very much oversized orchard. However, if I am accepted in the server, I might ( hopefully) change that.

---

Andrea

Hi I was once white-listed and Don't know if I still am so:

IGN: bob561

EDIT:

Also I tried to login and it said I didn't have TC, is there somewhere special it's supposed to go?Whenever I try to join it says the mod is not found.

Oh yeah, and is there a special software I need to change that ID?

-Thanks, Bob561

Let's give a big round of applause to the questmakers for driving me off this server after I screwed up a tiny bit. You guys are great!!!!

Let's give a big round of applause to the questmakers for driving me off this server after I screwed up a tiny bit. You guys are great!!!!

what are you talking about?

what are you talking about?

long story short: I died a lot while questing and screwed up my spawn. If roanoke had stuck to regular tfc, I would've wasted a lot less time

long story short: I died a lot while questing and screwed up my spawn. If roanoke had stuck to regular tfc, I would've wasted a lot less time

Hmmm,

Im sorry you don't care for the direction that we are going with Roanoke and you feel that you have wasted time with the server. Not all the quests are designed to be done solo. I'm not sure which quest you were working through or why you died so many times. But if you feel the quest is flawed, please let us know so we can asses and address the percieved imbalance.

If you deside to stay with us, please contact me and we will sort out your spawn issue. If you deside to move on, I wish you luck finding your perfect server!

Be well,

Bob

So you are the fellow that thought it's a good idea to sleep in a bed in middle of orc or pirate camp? I think we all agree how this sounds!

I'm not sure which quest you were working through or why you died so many times.

He has slept in a bed in middle of hostile camp and ended up respawning in middle of hostile NPCs that chain killed him. Nothing another player or admin couldn't help him with but he has chosen to spew hate on the forum instead.

Apart from that, his previous post:

I am being driven crazy by my ability to be on this server for two weeks and have absolutely nothing of value, no property, and no use

Worst of all, I really dislike how even the newest players are far more successful than I am, Not to mention the players that were there from the start

I think you are just a ball of negativity that hate on others for your own shortcomings. Good luck! Elsewhere.

Hey fellah, sorry you had a bad experience with the quest line and I can assure you our entire thought process behind these quests is player enjoyment, you can always reach out to me via PM or in game if you have problems and I'll be there to assist.

I'll throw up a separate thread for quest feedback.

No offense meant but you sound fairly young, that's in no way an insult I assure you as I host a separate server with a lot of young players and I simply make the observation as I've noticed they tend to be after different things and get frustrated more easily with some things which I will have to factor into future quest lines as I want to have fun content for all players (some will be hard and reward you only with story, some will be easier more viscerally rewarding for the younger folk)

I took feed back from the Cinnabar quest line (which I myself found hard in Iron Armour) and have tried to start off my quest lines so that they are a bit more forgiving, with difficulty scaling up later into the chain and I regularly tweak mob Health/damage/drops based on player feed back and all my quest lines so far have been solo'd and indeed farmed by Iron tier players with several tweaks made (and players refunded items) when they ran into bugs or bits that were unfairly deadly, I can only ask you bare with us through quests when they are new and we iron out bits as at the end of the day we are in the early stages of this and learning as we go.

If you are the fellow in question who had the bed in the middle of the hostile camp, in future you can destroy the bed on re-spawn and then next time you'll pop back to default spawn, not ideal maybe but at least then you can carry on until an admin comes on to review and help you get your items back.

(If I recall I did slay the pirates for you and you got to the beach but I should have followed up and destroyed the bed for you also)

I'd like to point out that I deliberately try to keep hostile camps "out of the way" so they don't affect players normally but I have noticed a few players making chests/beds around camp locations to farm or to better recover items if they die, in your case I saw you chose the caves under the hostiles as nothing spawns there which was a clever idea in theory but sadly you were within aggro range of the mobs above who dropped down on you which was an unfortunate but understandable mistake.

With this in mind I'll actually start building in staging areas to my quest line where you can stow items and sleep and you'll know it's safe given players are doing this ANYWAY (and littering up my quest areas i may add!! *grumble*)

I don't want to make things TOO easy on players so will always balance this out but hope you understand that while we try to make quest lines fun rewarding and engaging, we are building a system on top of another system and there will be...issues...occasionally and custom content is to be engaged with at your own risk, I'll update my post in the front page to clarify.

I'd like to apologise for my lack of presence the last few days, hectic real life but will have my red bull tonight and do a marathon session to tie up outstanding quest lines that I've been promising to finish for days!

So you are the fellow that thought it's a good idea to sleep in a bed in middle of orc or pirate camp? I think we all agree how this sounds!

He has slept in a bed in middle of hostile camp and ended up respawning in middle of hostile NPCs that chain killed him. Nothing another player or admin couldn't help him with but he has chosen to spew hate on the forum instead.

Apart from that, his previous post:

I think you are just a ball of negativity that hate on others for your own shortcomings. Good luck! Elsewhere.

Edit: I think that you should just leave it.

Edit: post 111 :)

Edit: "hey fellah, sorry you had a bad experience with the quest line and I can assure you our entire thought process behind these quests is player enjoyment, you can always reach out to me via PM or in game if you have problems and I'll be there to assist.

I'll throw up a separate thread for quest feedback.

No offense meant but you sound fairly young, that's in no way an insult I assure you as I host a separate server with a lot of young players and I simply make the observation as I've noticed they tend to be after different things and get frustrated more easily with some things which I will have to factor into future quest lines as I want to have fun content for all players (some will be hard and reward you only with story, some will be easier more viscerally rewarding for the younger folk)

I took feed back from the Cinnabar quest line (which I myself found hard in Iron Armour) and have tried to start off my quest lines so that they are a bit more forgiving, with difficulty scaling up later into the chain and I regularly tweak mob Health/damage/drops based on player feed back and all my quest lines so far have been solo'd and indeed farmed by Iron tier players with several tweaks made (and players refunded items) when they ran into bugs or bits that were unfairly deadly, I can only ask you bare with us through quests when they are new and we iron out bits as at the end of the day we are in the early stages of this and learning as we go.

If you are the fellow in question who had the bed in the middle of the hostile camp, in future you can destroy the bed on re-spawn and then next time you'll pop back to default spawn, not ideal maybe but at least then you can carry on until an admin comes on to review and help you get your items back.

(If I recall I did slay the pirates for you and you got to the beach but I should have followed up and destroyed the bed for you also)

I'd like to point out that I deliberately try to keep hostile camps "out of the way" so they don't affect players normally but I have noticed a few players making chests/beds around camp locations to farm or to better recover items if they die, in your case I saw you chose the caves under the hostiles as nothing spawns there which was a clever idea in theory but sadly you were within aggro range of the mobs above who dropped down on you which was an unfortunate but understandable mistake.

With this in mind I'll actually start building in staging areas to my quest line where you can stow items and sleep and you'll know it's safe given players are doing this ANYWAY (and littering up my quest areas i may add!! *grumble*)

I don't want to make things TOO easy on players so will always balance this out but hope you understand that while we try to make quest lines fun rewarding and engaging, we are building a system on top of another system and there will be...issues...occasionally and custom content is to be engaged with at your own risk, I'll update my post in the front page to clarify."

The spawn set was an accidental right click when checking the chests. I'm going to admit it's my fault that I'm screwed, but I just think that the quests were a distraction that was my error to take undergeared. I wasn't thinking clearly when I posted, another screw up. I will wait until I have an Idea of a task to give myself. I will try to be more polite in the future. I'd like to drop this whole thing for now, and stick to more important topics. I don't want to bother you anymore than I already have. I'm sorry guys for any stress

edit: if you think I'm speaking out of anger, please delete the post so as not to waste other people's energy due to a temporary emotion.

TL:DR at bottom

Now now :)

I think it's understandable from both sides

Whilst I understand it sounds a silly thing to have done , having seen where you set up your bed I can understand why you thought it safe there and it was just a clever idea gone wrong as it was within two of the mobs Aggro bubble and I've set the NPC's to "co-operate" so aggro one then chain aggro the rest in the vicinity so it went very wrong for you very fast and repeatedly so!

(The mob aggro behavior is intended as they are a pirate crew after all)

I also understand how stuff like this can be very frustrating though I think the point Imrav was trying to make is that there are better ways to express that and get a solution :)

I think we should agree to chalk this up to experience.

Seeing as people clearly want staging zones and will create them if they aren't provided, I'll create these as part of the stage from now on so people can avoid this sort of issue.

It was an oversight on my part as of course people don't want to die then have to trek miles back from their home to the quest zone!

So sincerely, thank YOU for your sacrifice, it will make things better! :)

Naturally you can still create your own camps if you want but do so entirely at your own risk :)

If you haven't already smashed the bed or gotten safe, I'll sort you out when online (approx 3 hours from this post), get your gear back, and get you back to where you want to setup "spawn".

If you want to continue the pirate quest (Which I'll have finished in about 3 hours after I login based on previous quest lines) I'll get you to the new Staging zone for this quest stage which is a Navy boat just off the shore line and safe with storage chests for you to stow any kit you don't want to lose though again, use these at your own risk!

For peoples information - I'll be making two types of quests basically.

For the older school D&D type fans who don't mind risking their kit or dying and enjoy a quest and story line as much as reward, who can keep a calm head and problem solve without the answer on a plate, there will be some dungeons for you that require you to explore, observe, and use your head :)

For the more modern WOW type cookie crumb quests/rewards types there will be quests and dungeons for you also (Basically if you would rather have a solid objective than have to make your own entertainment with the basic bones given to you by a GM)

(Sewers are an example of what will be D&D type, traps, and non obvious, work it out yourself type quests)

(Rose quest line will be a more, zone to zone, farm quests and rewards progressive style line that will be more direct and more directly rewarding, a good way for new or low tech players to get higher tier gear but it will take time in place of high risk!)

TL:DR

I understand why you made camp where you did, it was unfortunate you got caught out in one of the mobs aggro range and it went horribly wrong horribly fast for you.

It's pointed out stuff I need to factor into quest lines, thank you!, will sort you out if you still want to play here, I'll be online 3 hours from this post at the latest.

Now now :)

I think it's understandable from both sides

Whilst I understand it sounds a silly thing to have done, having seen where you set up your bed I can understand why you thought it safe there and it was just a clever idea gone wrong as it was within the mobs Aggro bubble and I've set the NPC's to "co-operate" so aggro one then chain aggro the rest in the vicinity so it went very wrong for you very fast.

(The mob aggro behavior is intended as they are a pirate crew after all)

I also understand how stuff like this can be very frustrating though I think the point was that there are better ways to express that and get a solution :)

I think we should agree to chalk this up to experience :)

Seeing as people clearly want staging zones and will create them if they aren't provided, understandable as you don't want to lose your stuff if you die because you re spawn 100 miles away, I'll create these as part of the stage from now on so people can avoid this sort of issue, though you can still do so at your own risk ofc! so thank YOU for your sacrifice, it will make things better! :)

As I say if you smash the bed on re-spawn assuming you aren't already sorted, you'll get back to spawn default, then I will be on tonight and get you set back up with your kit and at a safe spawn zone assuming you still wish to play here.

thanks, It's sorted also, If you ever want aid in quest making feel free to ask. That would be a better project than wandering and being bored!

You're already helping and just single handedly got a new feature implemented into all future quest lines =p

While I have a few quest lines on the to do list including some that really need noopes to get to his to-do list on the NPC mod if you have any particular ideas you'd like to see implemented let me know, if they work out I'll be sure to name an item/npc after ya =