Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Emris

[TFC 0.79.23+] Leather Water Sac for TFC

111 posts in this topic

Sure thing, go right ahead.

My code is open source so you can use as needed, but being a part of TFC code, it will probably have to be different anyway.

Looking forward to it :)

If you would allow me, this seems like a fun little addition to add to TFC. I don't know if I'll reuse any of your code seeing as the whole leather system is being altered, but I'll certainly credit you with the idea.

Likely added to b76, or future update?

I am thrilled you like this addon, I do too. It fits really well with tfc, I completely agree

Likely added to b76, or future update?

I am thrilled you like this addon, I do too. It fits really well with tfc, I completely agree

Not 76 I'm afraid. To be honest, it's an idea I've thought about before and with the positive feedback emris is getting it seems like a good thing to implement.

this is really nice, so i don't have to keep a bucket of water with me and dig a hole every time my player is thirsty

Really like this. Maybe remove butterfly drinking now?

Really like this. Maybe remove butterfly drinking now?

Is this a question for me?

If so, removing you're so called butterfly drinking from TFC would only be possible with overriding a few (maybe more) TFC classes. And because i respect the wishes of TFC devs, i will never do that, sorry.

But when dunk implements this idea into a future version of TFC, maybe he will take your butterfly drinking out anyway :)

until then, stay out of water ;)

And i'm glad you're having fun and enjoying this mod :)

Hi, just wondering if there will be a build 76 version soon. Can't wait to try it on TT's server.

This is one of two mods that isn't updated to 1.5.1 yet. Would love to be able to update our server to build 76 if we could get the latest version of this mod.

Dunk,

If a developer has already taken the time and effort to do something like this, it doesn't make sense to reinvent the wheel. Its more work for you and it renders this mod useless which is kind of a punch in the face to the developer who made it.

With the new leather system in b76, i have to take a closer look at the recipe.

But i think it will be ready this weekend.

I guess it wont be ready this weekend, because it's already done :)

With the new leather system in b76, i decided to use Prepared Hide in the recipe.

I kind of dislike the taste of wood in my water ;)

I guess it wont be ready this weekend, because it's already done :)

With the new leather system in b76, i decided to use Prepared Hide in the recipe.

.... that's a bad idea. Prepared hide has merely been prepared enough for tanning. That only means all of the left over proteins and hair fibres have been removed. It is FAR from useful in any way. For one thing, it isn't water tight or rot-resistant, and will still decay over time.

Tannin is a staple of all leatherworking. It made the leather used in water skins, furniture and clothing. It's the tannin from the wood that preserves and strengthens the hides. Not treating the hide doesn't put you much ahead from using raw hide in the first place.

The alternative to vegetable tanning is using mineral salts. It produces a much tougher, stronger leather that is much more rigid. It's also poisonous to store water in.

Make it leather, not prepared hides.

Like seriously. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but it's like saying "I don't want to boil this river water that's probably infected with Typhoid and dysentery. I don't like the taste of fire"

Make it leather, not prepared hides.

Done.

Dunk, you are not rude, you are right.

I had almost no time to do information digging and i wanted to make the water sac easier to make... now why would i want to do that. This is survival and not supposed to be easy...[scratches head]... i think i need a vacation.

edit:

This was meant as a joke...i think i need a good days sleep. :unsure:

edit2:

This type of water sac is also called the Bota Bag.

Google finds some very nice pics of it also :)

Done.

Dunk, you are not rude, you are right.

I had almost no time to do information digging and i wanted to make the water sac easier to make... now why would i want to do that. This is survival and not supposed to be easy...[scratches head]... i think i need a vacation.

edit:

This was meant as a joke...i think i need a good days sleep. :unsure:

I got that it was a joke lol, thanks for changing it :)

my i add this to a mod pack for my server?

my i add this to a mod pack for my server?

Yes

- Updated to TFC B77

I must say, this is a nice mod. Prior to build 77 (then again, I haven't played build 77 yet), I used this in every TFC instance I had. However, what do you think you'll do in regards to the Ceramic Jug in build 77?

ceramic jug can break, so I guess that this is still a viable option

Version 2.0.b77 is out.

Very nice changes. Subtle, but really makes the water sac fit in nicely with the TFC way of doing things. Thanks for the update!

I was not able to find the sac in creative, but I ended up with  3 items named sheep bladder.

the bladder

the cutter leather

the leather water sac

is it only me?

Everything looks fine to me .. i find all 3 items in the (lava bucket) misc tab.

Everything looks fine to me .. i find all 3 items in the (lava bucket) misc tab.

and what is the name of the tree items ?

Fixed

Thank you aliceingame for pointing that out.