Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TDminecrafters

Bugged Sequoias

12 posts in this topic

Hello, im new to the forums, and not sure if this is where to post bugs, but i've found one and i think people should know. So i needed charcoal, and set off in search of big trees. I came across some and broke my almost dead stone ax on it. It was a sequoia (it still dropped a couple peices). So i made a new axe, and chopped it down. Instead, minecraft exits my world, and tells me "Server Closed" (i dont even play on a server). After i restart my client and start up my world, i can finally cut the tree down. And that's about the whole of it. Thanks for your time.

I do not know why that happened, but I can tell you that this is the wrong place for this topic. Use the "Support" Forum in the TFC 1 section, up at the top. Don't worry about this topic though, it is no big deal, I am sure a mod will move it for you.

Anyways, try cutting down another sequoia, if it doesn't crash, then I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Well, it crashes every time. And i noticed that right after i posted it. Haha. i don't use my eyes half the time.

Well, it crashes every time. And i noticed that right after i posted it. Haha. i don't use my eyes half the time.

What mods are you using and what versions of said mods?

• CodeChickenCore .7.1.0
  • NotEnoughItems 1.4.5.1
  • InventoryTweaks 1.4.6
  • MedicineMod 6.1
  • SmartMovingClient 1.4.6
  • Rei's Minimap 1.4.7
  • TFcraft B2 build75
  • PlayerAPI 1.4.6
  • RenderApi 1.4.6

Those are the mods i have installed, and i'm adding the latest version of LeatherWaterSac.

• CodeChickenCore .7.1.0
  • NotEnoughItems 1.4.5.1
  • InventoryTweaks 1.4.6
  • MedicineMod 6.1
  • SmartMovingClient 1.4.6
  • Rei's Minimap 1.4.7
  • TFcraft B2 build75
  • PlayerAPI 1.4.6
  • RenderApi 1.4.6
Those are the mods i have installed, and i'm adding the latest version of LeatherWaterSac.

Those are the minecraft versions for which those mods are compatible with, but not all versions of the actual mods (e.g. playerAPI 1.1, MCforge 475..) work with TFC very well. Can you post those versions? And the version of MCforge you are using?

Cutting down sequoia trees intermittently crashes Roanoke server, running Build 75, as well. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough that the admins have warned people to avoid cutting them down.

By chance were your sequoias generated over an ocean, or have air gaps underneath them? We have some strange sequoias that float over grass and air blocks, sometimes over water blocks near ocean islands.

I can confirm this bug, though I have had it only once, it crashed only my client. Same conditions. I was running forge 471, player api 1.1, smart moving 11.10 and build 75. at the time I wrote it off as a arrow related issue.

this was right after 75 came out, I can not say much more on it other then the time it occurred.

the physical condition of the tree was natural, spawned with initial generation, planted(on the ground) and on a hill(some blocks nearby taller then the lowest blocks of the tree). I axed the 5th block from the ground. I ended up crashing then. Ended with a report and all(looking back, that should have been a red flag). on login, I found the tree properly axed, however my axe took only one durability hit(something I was happy about... XD).

Those are the minecraft versions for which those mods are compatible with, but not all versions of the actual mods (e.g. playerAPI 1.1, MCforge 475..) work with TFC very well. Can you post those versions? And the version of MCforge you are using?

Mods and versions of them:

• player api 1.7 for minecraft 1.4.6 (thats exactly what their build page says)
  • Code Chicken Core 1.7.1.0 (i missed a 1 in the mods post)
  • smart moving 11.12.1
  • Rei's Minimap v3.2_06
  • Render Player API 1.1 for minecraft 1.4.6 (again, how they do their builds)
  • MinecraftForge 1.4.6-6.5.0.489
  • InvTweaks v1.5.0
  • NotEnoughItems 1.4.5.1
  • MedicineMod 6.1
  • TFcraft B2 build75

​That should be enough info for any person who knows some conflicts.

By chance were your sequoias generated over an ocean, or have air gaps underneath them? We have some strange sequoias that float over grass and air blocks, sometimes over water blocks near ocean islands.

Nope, my trees were just generated normally. Mostly on flat land, a couple on hills. But no floating trees or anything of the sort.

Mods and versions of them:

• player api 1.7 for minecraft 1.4.6 (thats exactly what their build page says)
  • Code Chicken Core 1.7.1.0 (i missed a 1 in the mods post)
  • smart moving 11.12.1
  • Rei's Minimap v3.2_06
  • Render Player API 1.1 for minecraft 1.4.6 (again, how they do their builds)
  • MinecraftForge 1.4.6-6.5.0.489
  • InvTweaks v1.5.0
  • NotEnoughItems 1.4.5.1
  • MedicineMod 6.1
  • TFcraft B2 build75

​That should be enough info for any person who knows some conflicts.

Nope, my trees were just generated normally. Mostly on flat land, a couple on hills. But no floating trees or anything of the sort.

The recommended Forge version for TFCb75 is 6.5.0.486, so you should try that, as wrong Forge versions are the most common cause of problems.

This is a consistent problem and based on experience from the numerous crashes to the Roanoke server, it is not the trunk it self that causes the crash, but the disintegration of the leaf blocks. As you may know the trunk only goes so high and the rest of the tree is all leaves. TONS of them. Based on this most recent crash by andrea_2, even removing 2 leaf blocks causing the rest of the top to break off will crash the game. Was there a nerfing of Sequioa? Did they used to have trunk all the way up?

This is forge 6.5.0.486.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0