Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aeroc

[TFC 0.76.X] Terra Bow Mod (Abandoned)

78 posts in this topic

Edit: VegasGoat sent me a solution that will work instead, so please ignore.

I have a small request for Dunk or Bioxx. On line 162 of TileEntityAnvil can you change this:

anvilItemStacks[1] = result;

to this:

anvilItemStacks[1] = result.copy();

When we make arrowheads from metal rods on an anvil, by default it should make 16 arrowheads and this works the first time an AnvilRecipe is successfully executed. However, on each subsequent attempt to convert metal rods into arrowheads it only outputs 1 arrowhead. This happens until the server is restarted because a few lines after anvilItemStacks[1] stacksize is set to 1. This also changes the stacksize of result in the AnvilRecipe instance.

If you decline we have other alternatives, like patching TFC on the server we play on or changing this recipe from an AnvilRecipe to a crafting bench recipe.

U have problem with link in first post. Always downloading version 0.4

^^Thanks, fixed it.

Hello,

this is a very fine addon for TFC.

Just a few moments ago, I crafted 3 stacks of arrow heads. The first one gave me 16, the second and third gave me only a single one (though the use of the anvil was the same).

Now, those single arrow heads do not stack, so I guess, that there is only a visual glitch.

Regards, and keep on going,

Voulxe

Just a few moments ago, I crafted 3 stacks of arrow heads. The first one gave me 16, the second and third gave me only a single one (though the use of the anvil was the same).

Now, those single arrow heads do not stack, so I guess, that there is only a visual glitch.

Edit: VegasGoat sent me a solution to this problem and it has been implemented in TerraBow 0.7.

TFC anvils were not designed to output itemstacks with stacksize greater than 1. I'm hoping Bioxx or Dunk will accomodate this:

http://terrafirmacra...dpost__p__61271

If not, then I will probably change it so that arrowheads are crafted in a crafting table instead of the TFC anvil. Thanks for your comments.

Awesome, I'm glad it worked!

Ummmh ...

Well, I made the composite bow. Used up all those arrows, I collected from the scellies. Took my arrow heads, made some rough shafts (willow and oak) and am not able to glue them in the crafting table.

Am I missing something?

I use glue in the top middle, hardwood (oak) beneath and softwood (willow) in the bottom middle. And tried vice versa. And tried any possible combination of those three (reminded me of getting those UU-Matter recipes in IC2).

No shafts.

:'( Voulxe

The mod classifies willow as a hardwood, based on research, which contradicts what the TFC wiki says. Is this incorrect? I see it also described as a soft hardwood.

I think someone else already touched on this, but I think some parts of the process could be removed/simplified. Other then that i'm all for this mod.

Concerning Willow: Your config gives it a 0.2 - which is quite soft, isn't it? Still a composite bow with willow in the center and oak around gives a - hmm - nice durability.

I would have checked your information. I am lacking on this, as for playing hardcore only, I lost my last world and am not able to advance in any startup to a level to get a decent bow.

I'll keep you informed.

Okay, the shafts work with spruce instead of willow. :)

Now, my almost upused bow. Must I throw it away, or am I missing a place to put it (chest, toolrack do not work).

I usually make an array of stone anvils for storing things that don't fit anywhere else. In the next version of the mod I'll look into making the bows work with TFC tool racks.

Okay, the shafts work with spruce instead of willow. :)

Now, my almost upused bow. Must I throw it away, or am I missing a place to put it (chest, toolrack do not work).

If you fancy installing another mod, try Bibliocraft. It has a pretty ability to store stuff in shelves and its toolracks, while having a recipe that requires you to mess with configs of TFC, allowing vanilla iron conversion, are able to be configured to store TFC tools and weapons. And shelves are pretty themselves.

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome add-on! It has inspired me to start coding some add-ons of my own.

More bows seems like an awesome idea!

Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome add-on! It has inspired me to start coding some add-ons of my own.

Excellent, the more modders the better =)

Question: If i apply this to an already existing world ... will it break the world? or can i get away with just plonking this into an active world and logging in?

I can't think of any reason why it would break the world. Why not make a backup of the world if you want to be certain?

Question: If i apply this to an already existing world ... will it break the world? or can i get away with just plonking this into an active world and logging in?

It did not break my worlds. And it did not when deleting the mod after crafting bows, arows and so on. (Forge tells you missing item IDs, but that's all right).

Excuse me, I'm using this add on and I just wanted to know, how do I create stone arrows?

Excuse me, I'm using this add on and I just wanted to know, how do I create stone arrows?

It's in the OP. You knap arrowheads with stones using the pattern from the arrowhead plan found on recipe page, each knapped stone nets you two stone arrowheads.

Umm, yeah, it broke my world ... however i think its because im using multi-mc to start the game since the wall of 403 errors hit a while ago.

I get a GL error whenever i try to screenshot, they arnt saving in the minecraft folder.

Posted Image

So i had to do it the old fashioned way, but this is what happens when i open a chest .. none of my items have any textures, i have a hunch that this mod isnt designed for multi-mc :(

look at the front page, not sure if your TFC version is up to date but a no textures on all items bug is listed there

Fudge, yeah, im using hf 16 through multimc: Cidvond created it to work around the 403 errors that we had a few weeks ago on the standard launcher, does the current version of Reis & optifine have to be unzipped directly into the minecraft.jar these days? or can i just dump it in a mods folder ... cause ive never been able to make it install correctly though the zipping method.