Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SkyNightBiel

So much lag

14 posts in this topic

I having much, much lag on terrafirma craft... Someone help me please? i need to play this mod, is awesome! :)

I have a Intel Dual-Core I7 and a Nvidia GTX 680... if someone want my system spec. ^_^

Lag can be caused by a lot of things. Can you describe the way it is lagging? Is it just video lag? Does it go up and down? Does it depend on where you are in your world? What type of settings are you using, and what other mods do you have installed? Have you followed the instructions and are using the correct version of forge, etc?

The max FPS is 70, and is "locking" every 2 seconds... i use the forge 7.7.1 629, i'm using only TerraFirmaCraft.

Yes, on flatgrass is no lag, but i'm normal world of TFC is much lag, "locking", and 30~70 FPS... i using the minimal settings with optifine, i followed the instructions corretly.

I am having this problem as well, and I can't play! I really want to play.

It's not more lag, but is locking every 2 seconds! help please.

MrsKeller, to remove the lag, go to %appdata/.minecraft/config/TFCOptions and put this line:

B:enableBetterGrass=true to false, and

B:enableInnerGrassFix=true to false.

But continue locking! please help someone...

I'd advise using TFC's BetterGrass. Turn off all the advanced/fancy options in OptiFine. Check the chunk-loading thing and make sure you've followed opti's directions specifically for that as that can very easily produce a frequent lock on the order of 2s when done incorrectly. Slowly add functions bit by bit to see if something in particular is causing it.

Please note that the default settings for Opti will often cause machines to behave poorly on TFC, so you really have to be prepared to tweak if you want/need to use opti.

I'm having terrible lag problems as well. I think it's graphics lag because it occurs too frequently to be chunk loading. I'm not using optifine or any other plugins except Forge, Player API and TFC Build 76 HF 11. I have all the correct versions of everything and have gone through a full reinstall. I do get the following on startup, though, so maybe I've done something wrong despite my best efforts:

[sEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] FML appears to be missing any signature data. This is not a good thing

I normally play with Render Distance set to Far but that has become unusable. Turning it down to Normal made TFC playable but still annoying. Turning off sound & music helped a bit, but not much.

I've just now turned off enableBetterGrass and enableInnerGrassFix and those *seem* to help a lot - I'll have to play longer to be sure. But it currently seems that I'm able to go back up to Far Render Distance and the game remains playable although all movement stutters a little bit.

I'm running Fedora 14 Linux, Quadro FX 1800 graphics, dual 2.7GHz Intel Xeon hex core cpu.

I don't have the lag problem in vanilla MC 1.5.1, nor do I have it in TFC build 75.

I've just now turned off enableBetterGrass and enableInnerGrassFix and those *seem* to help a lot - I'll have to play longer to be sure. But it currently seems that I'm able to go back up to Far Render Distance and the game remains playable although all movement stutters a little bit.

Maybe it's chunk loading lag after all, because the problem came back as soon as I started moving into areas that I'd been away from for a while, even with BetterGrass and GrassFix off. So I'm back down to Normal Render Distance. :-(

I can make TFC lag horribly by turning on OptiFine's BetterGrass feature. It goes from 120+ fps on a 560Ti to less than 20 and choppy as hell. Keeping OptFine's BetterGrass off, I have no problem running 90-120 incredibly stable and with no hiccups. (Which is really cool because prior to B76, the best I could hope for was 40fps.)

Fixed!

how to fix ?

Download optifine, Go to Video options, Quality, and:

Mipmap level : 1, Anisotropic Filtering : 2

Put that settings, and it's fixed!

Fixed for me...

Those would not affect the frame rates at all... it was likely the re-downloading of optifine that fixed it, not the settings. Perhaps something just got messed the time prior.

I tried the better grass fix, and I think it fixed my memory connection being overburdened, but it is still unplayable because it keeps saving every 5 seconds and causing lag spikes.

What I'm seeing is when walking in a straight line there's a pause of maybe a tenth of a second every two blocks. Sometimes the pause is longer, sometimes shorter, but the net result is that the scene jerks as I move.

This happens while walking back and forth across the same 30 or so blocks so it shouldn't be chunk loading as the chunks should all be loaded.

I've set Graphics to Fast, Smooth Lighting to Off, Performance to Max FPS, Advanced OpenGL to OFF, Clouds to OFF, Particles to Minimal and Use VSync to OFF and have turned off BetterGrass and InnerGrassFix in TFCOptions. After all of that the jerkiness seems a little bit less pronounced, but not by much.

I've yet to try optifine. That's next on my list.

It's not more lag, but is locking every 2 seconds! help please.

Sounds like it might be the autosave, since that kicks in every 2 seconds. If you have optifine installed there is an option to increase the amount of time between autosaves.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0