Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Emris

[TFC 0.78.17] BuildCraft <-> TFC Crossover Mod (WIP)

98 posts in this topic

Yes, these are good thoughts. A tree for a rubber source would be excellent for future compatibility with other mods (since Bioxx said were heading that direction) and even if I am not a big IC2 fan, many people are, so it would work out pretty good.. depends on how hard it is to get it to spawn in worldgen tho...

BCTFCcrossover v0.4.B76HF18

Features are same as in v0.3.b76.

This version needs BuildCraft 3.5.3 and TFC B76 HotFix18

Thank you, you are awesome. This is going on my server and I will get back to you with feedback/suggestions.

Can you upload the pipe and engine recipes? i mean i understand that they are probably very close to being the same but knowing what i can and can't use would be very helpful. also how did you implement new recipes if you can make a tutorial on how to add new recipes to tfc gui's i would really like to start porting other mods like thaumcraft and simply horses. also if anyone knows how to add ore gen to tfc that would be extremely helpful as well.

There are far too many things to list here so i made a recipe web page here.

=> http://mrzack.pc-net...BCTFCcrossover/

The link to the recipes is in the OP.

You may want to check the Tabs on top of that page to switch from one category to another. ,-)

....also how did you implement new recipes if you can make a tutorial on how to add new recipes to tfc gui's.....

This mod is not so simple as just adding a few recipes.

All the recipes are a part of my crossover mod.

To make a crossover like this, i had to extend many classes and add many new items (and i will probably add much more until i'm finished).

So if you can code Java, i can give you a few tips, but a tutorial will not happen. Besides, there are a ton of good Java tutorials out there :)

Perhaps a silly question, BC 3.5.3 was build for MC 1.5.2 and requires forge 684+ to run, and I'm unable to get TFC working with 1.5.2.

Edit:And I got this crash while trying to open my inventory (Using BC 3.5.0, with Toomanyitems installed)

http://pastebin.com/B83c3TmX

I have provided a backport of BC 3.5.3 that is compiled with the same Forge version as TFC. The download link is in the OP.

TMI is not compatible with TFC, so that wont work anyway and has nothing to do with BC or this crossover mod.

And your questions are not silly :)

And Welcome to the Forum

Derp...didn't see that one...

It's working now, thank you =.=

np :) have fun

-------------------

I guess i can also post a mini update of my progress toward v0.5

As it turns out our vanilla yellow flower called Dandelion is a great source of rubber latex, so i just had to add this new liquid, and i also plan to add a Hevea tree for latex harvesting.

Mixing a bucket of latex, sulfur dust and green dye will make 4 peaces of green rubber that can be used to make a water proof pipe. That makes much more sense to me then using a cooked cactus. Also rubber can be made with any color dye, but only the green one will be used for making pipes. I'm also working on a more believable source of green dye. We'll see where that goes :)

Vanilla buckets will also not be needed anymore, I'm adding a steel bucket to handle oil and fuel, maybe zinc for water that can only be used on tanks and combustion engines...i'll have to think about that one. But if i get the wooden bucket working correctly(at the moment it gets deleted when used), there will be no need for a zinc one. And maybe i will add a BlackSteel bucket for lava (that can only be used on BC tank and engine). Or, there will be no need for that one, at least if a small TFC bucket fix gets accepted. And even if the fix is not accepted, you will be free to use the Red/Blue Steel bucket anyway, just don't expect to get it back :)

Well, that's it for now, back to coding ;)

It seems that pipes cannot put item into chests, they just pop out.

Hoppers doesn't seems to work too...

What kinds of items? There might be a size restriction involved.

Confirmed. Will be fixed in the next version.

ok couple questions

1. how do i install this incredible work ?

2. does this work for the latest version of tfc ?

3. does oil spawn ?

1. Download 1.5.1_BCTFCcrossover-0.4.B76HF18.zip and 1.5.1_BuildCraft-3.5.3_TFC-B76HF18.zip from the OP and put them in your mods folder

2. Yes ( there is a bug with the transport pipes and TFC chest though, will work with TFC b77)

3. Yes, but not like it does in BC. It will spawn underground in Sedimentary rock, somewhere in between first and second layer.

I did get a few ID conflicts with BC and TFC. To fix that, i just changed all 19??? IDs to 17??? in the BC config file.

Not sure about Railcraft. You'll have to look through the config files to see if there are any ID conflicts.

Can't find them in BC or TFC.

Must be from some other mod.

Thanks for the hard work! I can't wait to get mining and test it all out.

Looks very well balanced as well, though I have had extremely poor luck finding diamonds in any of my other worlds....

Thanks for the hard work! I can't wait to get mining and test it all out.

Looks very well balanced as well, though I have had extremely poor luck finding diamonds in any of my other worlds....

Diamonds can only be found in Kimberlite, which is only found in Gabbro.

Indeed, I know how and where to get them, I just have never gotten any. The only kimberlite veins I have found so far were small, didn't get anything out of them.

Until you feel like you've found a good recipe for pistons, could you replace the ingot with a gear? They don't seem to hard to make currently.

Go all gregtech and make it difficult!

There is a lot of change in B77, many things will change in this mod also.

Pistons will not be needed anymore.

There is a lot of change in B77, many things will change in this mod also.

Pistons will not be needed anymore.

Sounds good, it just seems a little to easy to make the engines.

I know you have your hands full with this mod, but would it be possible for you to also eventually make a crossover for Thermal Expansion? Buildcraft on its own doesn't have much to actually use all this power on besides Quarries...