Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Emris

[TFC 0.78.17] BuildCraft <-> TFC Crossover Mod (WIP)

98 posts in this topic

After many hours of work, i think this mod is stable enough for it's first release.

I changed a lot of things to make more sense out of BuildCraft in a TFC world.

There are no more wooden, cobblestone, gold or diamond gears. They make little sense.
In TFC we have different metals and now we can make gears the TFC way :).

There are far too many things to list here so i made a recipe web page here.
=> http://mrzack.pc-net...BCTFCcrossover/

To clarify my view on modpacks, if you are using TFC, you are more then welcome to use BCTFCcrossover addon. Have fun :)

ID conflicts:

TFC					   BCI:"Lead Sheet"=19100 -- I:woodenGearItem.id=19100I:"Nickel Sheet"=19101 -- I:stoneGearItem.id=19101I:"Pig Iron Sheet"=19102 -- I:ironGearItem.id=19102I:"Platinum Sheet"=19103 -- I:goldenGearItem.id=19103I:"Silver Sheet"=19104 -- I:diamondGearItem.id=19104I:"Sterling Silver Sheet"=19105 -- I:templateItem.id=19105I:BrassSheet2x=19106 -- I:wrench.id=19106I:GoldSheet2x=19107 -- I:bucketOil.id=19107I:NickelSheet2x=19109 -- I:pipeWaterproof.id=19109I:"Pig IronSheet2x"=19110 -- I:bucketFuel.id=19110I:PlatinumSheet2x=19111 -- I:pipeGate.id=19111I:"Sterling SilverSheet2x"=19113 -- I:redPipeWire.id=19113I:GooseberryLeaf=19140 -- I:pipeGateAutarchic.id=19140I:Cloudberry=19141 -- I:pipeFacade.id=19141I:CloudberryLeaf=19142 -- I:pipePlug.id=19142 My solution is to change everything in BuildCraft from 19*** to 17***

Downloads
BCTFCcrossover v0.9.B78HF17+

=>

1.6.4_BCTFCcrossover-0.9.B78.zip
This works with: BuildCraft 4.2.2, Forge 9.1.11.965 and TFC B78.17+
Changes:
+ Fixed. Oil will generate between Sedimentary stone layers, starting from small that have a chance to generate a tunnel that leads to the surface, up to huge that can be found on bedrock.
+ Changed a few recipes that needed the crafting table. Be warned though, some things do not work with the auto crafting table, and some things may even lead to a crash, this needs more testing.

Old

BCTFCcrossover v0.8.B78HF17+

=>
1.6.4_BCTFCcrossover-0.8.B78.zip
Changes:
+ Update to Forge 9.1.11.965
+ Update to BuildCraft 4.2.2
+ Update to TFC B78 HotFix17+
- Still need to add 2 more transport pipes and test everything in detail.
- Due to anvil only checking the TFC localization file, any not TFC plans will not be localized.

BCTFCcrossover v0.4.B76HF18

=>

1.5.1_BCTFCcrossover-0.4.B76HF18.zip
Changes:
+ Update to Forge 7.7.2.679
+ Update to BuildCraft 3.5.3
+ Update to TFC B76 HotFix18

BCTFCcrossover v0.3.b76

=>

1.5.1_BCTFCcrossover-0.3.b76.zip
Changes:
+ Wrench Tool can be made from different metals and takes damage

BCTFCcrossover v0.2.b76

=>

1.5.1_BCTFCcrossover-0.2.b76.zip
Changes:
+ Oil will spawn somewhere in the Sedimentary stone Layer2, and sometimes the bottom of Layer1
+ All pipes are from different metals and need a plan and anvil to be made
+ Item IDs have been reorganized and are static now
- Removed Sandstone recipe. Not needed anymore
+ Added a new Silver Conductive Pipe for almost perfect conductivity
+ New gear textures
+ Changed pipe names to represent more the function then the material they're made out of

BCTFCcrossover v0.1.b76 => 1.5.1_BCTFCcrossover-0.1.b76.zip

BuildCraft 3.5.3

TFC replaces vanilla water and lava blocks with TFC custom blocks.

That's why you cant use the official release of BuildCraft from there web page.
It will crash when you try to use the Tank, Refinery or the Combustion engine.
And BC also updated to MC 1.5.2 and the newest forge version, so i will have to back port it until TFC gets to the same Forge and MC versions.

For BC and TFC to play nice with each other, i had to make a mini fix in 2 BC classes.
Changes were made to:
buildcraftcorerenderLiquidRenderer.java
From

to

public static Icon getLiquidTexture(LiquidStack liquid) {if (liquid == null || liquid.itemID <= 0) {return null;}LiquidStack canon = liquid.canonical();if (canon == null) {throw new LiquidCanonException(liquid);}Icon icon = canon.getRenderingIcon();if (icon == null) {throw new LiquidTextureException(liquid);}return icon;}
public static Icon getLiquidTexture(LiquidStack liquid) {if (liquid == null || liquid.itemID <= 0) {return null;}LiquidStack canon = liquid.canonical();if (canon == null) {throw new LiquidCanonException(liquid);}Icon icon;if (canon.itemID == Block.waterStill.blockID) {icon = Block.blocksList[Block.waterStill.blockID].getBlockTextureFromSide(0);} else if (canon.itemID == Block.lavaStill.blockID) {icon = Block.blocksList[Block.lavaStill.blockID].getBlockTextureFromSide(0);} else {icon = canon.getRenderingIcon();}if (icon == null) {throw new LiquidTextureException(liquid);}return icon;}

and buildcraftenergyguiGuiCombustionEngine.java

From

to

private void displayGauge(int j, int k, int line, int col, int squaled, LiquidStack liquid) {if (liquid == null){return;}int start = 0;Icon liquidIcon;String textureSheet;if(liquid.canonical().getRenderingIcon() != null) {textureSheet = liquid.canonical().getTextureSheet();liquidIcon = liquid.canonical().getRenderingIcon();} else {if (liquid.itemID < Block.blocksList.length && Block.blocksList[liquid.itemID].blockID > 0) {liquidIcon = Block.blocksList[liquid.itemID].getBlockTextureFromSide(0);textureSheet = "/terrain.png";} else {liquidIcon = Item.itemsList[liquid.itemID].getIconFromDamage(liquid.itemMeta);textureSheet = "/gui/items.png";}}mc.renderEngine.bindTexture(textureSheet);......
private void displayGauge(int j, int k, int line, int col, int squaled, LiquidStack liquid) {if (liquid == null){return;}int start = 0;Icon liquidIcon;String textureSheet = null;if(liquid.itemID == Block.waterStill.blockID) {textureSheet = liquid.canonical().getTextureSheet();liquidIcon = Block.blocksList[Block.waterStill.blockID].getBlockTextureFromSide(0);} else if(liquid.itemID == Block.lavaStill.blockID) {textureSheet = liquid.canonical().getTextureSheet();liquidIcon = Block.blocksList[Block.lavaStill.blockID].getBlockTextureFromSide(0);} else if(liquid.canonical().getRenderingIcon() != null) {textureSheet = liquid.canonical().getTextureSheet();liquidIcon = liquid.canonical().getRenderingIcon();} else {if (liquid.itemID < Block.blocksList.length && Block.blocksList[liquid.itemID].blockID > 0) {liquidIcon = Block.blocksList[liquid.itemID].getBlockTextureFromSide(0);textureSheet = "/terrain.png";} else {liquidIcon = Item.itemsList[liquid.itemID].getIconFromDamage(liquid.itemMeta);textureSheet = "/gui/items.png";}}mc.renderEngine.bindTexture(textureSheet);.....

That way Block.waterStill and Block.lavaStill never get asked for there render information, which gets lost in TFC replacement process.

Here, you can download the back-ported and up-to-date version that plays nice with TFC.
=> 1.5.1_BuildCraft-3.5.3_TFC-B76HF18.zip
Compiled with Forge v7.7.2.679

Old (needed for BCTFCcrossover v0.3.b76 and under)
=> 1.5.1_BuildCraft-3.5.1_TFC-B76.zip
Compiled with Forge v7.7.1.629, same as TFC.

ToDo list:

- Find a way for oil to spawn in a believable TFC world generating way, or(and) make a way to generate/produce it.

- Make a multiblock Oil drilling rig.
- Make all pipes with TFC metals.
- Make TFC wooden bucket usable with BC. Water bucket works, but gets consumed..
- Make a new different kind of piston only usable for BC recipes.
- Change the way pipes are made.
- Change the way waterproof pipes are made.
- Make vanilla items unnessesery.
- Make better gear graphics.
- Add damage to Wrench tool, also add wrench to be craftable with other metals
- Solve the PipeWaterproof/Cactus thing -- there should be some other way to make waterproof for pipe crafting...
- Add new Latex liquid
- Make Latex liquid usable with pipes
- Add Hevea Rubber Tree

If anyone has anything to add, good ideas are always welcome :)

I like a lot of this, I think that diamond pipe should instead be made from red or bluesteel maybe? Just my thoughts.

I am not a huge fan of buildcraft, but there's some excellent validity to this...

I do so hope to find more of these kind of crossover mods popping up!

Question..... Does oil generate properly still?

Outstanding! Your hard work is much appreciated.

Quarry's will utterly destroy any point in playing tfc, if u dont use them or mining wells then its ok for piping stuff around but i dont know why ud want this mod other than the quarry's :s

Don't take this the wrong way its a hell of alot of work u put in and cross over mods are always welcome, just abit confused,what was the main reason for making this particluar mod a crossover, whats your thought process.

Quarry's will utterly destroy any point in playing tfc, if u dont use them or mining wells then its ok for piping stuff around but i dont know why ud want this mod other than the quarry's :s

Before you are able to make and power a single quarry, you should go through almost entire TFC progression curve - that's a good enough balancing in my books and a sink for an excess of ore. Besides, quarry wouldn't have the same amount of output comparing with vanilla quarrying because of the way ore spawns.

This is a very impressive feat! Props to you, freakin awesome...

I would be very appreciative of a quick rundown on how to install this mod. Cheers for the hard work! It's pretty awesome!

Looks neat!

Does oil spawn in the world though?

Do the vanilla buckets work normally?

Does the piston work? And is it crash-proof when interacting with TFC's various custom blocks?

Oil is on the todo list. If i can't find a nice TFC world way how oil can spawn(if it's even possible), i will have to think of some other way to make oil.

Vanilla bucket should work. But i plan to change that to the wooden bucket.

I only used and tested the piston with BC recipes. It may, or may not, work with TFC blocks.

There are many other things that i want to change and make TFC friendly.

My ToDo list is getting bigger and bigger the more i think about different things....i think i'll start a todo list in the OP.

It may, or may not, work with TFC blocks.

It works with any solid true blocks. Doesn't work with anything more complicated, like slabs or stair blocks. It works on scribing and metallurgy tables if it works on vanilla crafting table, which I doubt it is.

Oil is on the todo list. If i can't find a nice TFC world way how oil can spawn(if it's even possible), i will have to think of some other way to make oil.

Vanilla bucket should work. But i plan to change that to the wooden bucket.

I only used and tested the piston with BC recipes. It may, or may not, work with TFC blocks.

There are many other things that i want to change and make TFC friendly.

My ToDo list is getting bigger and bigger the more i think about different things....i think i'll start a todo list in the OP.

Hi there. Oil's on the ToDo List and you may or may not have issues getting to generate in a way that flows with TFC? If you don't end up getting oil to generate on the map in a preferred way you could try having it synthetically produced from coal as oil has been produced from coal before. I fact, in 1938 out of Germany's 44 million barrels of oil consumption 9 million was produced from coal.

Wikipeida - Coal Liquefaction ⇒ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coal_liquefaction

eHow - Converting coal to oil ⇒ http://www.ehow.com/how_6659374_convert-coal-oil.html

Wikipedia - Synthetic Fuel ⇒ https://en.wikipedia.../Synthetic_fuel

Fact Source ⇒ http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/aureview/1981/jul-aug/becker.htm

If I had take a guess with that, look in SpringPopulate.java and adjust the following lines of code:

private boolean boreToSurface(World world, int x, int y, int z) {if(world.isAirBlock(x, y, z))return false;int existing = world.getBlockId(x, y, z);if(existing != Block.stone.blockID&& existing != Block.dirt.blockID&& existing != Block.gravel.blockID&& existing != Block.grass.blockID)return false;world.setBlock(x, y, z, Block.waterStill.blockID);return true;

That section needs to be readjusted to its TFC equivalents. It may also be what's keeping the Oil from generating in the first place...

Look what i found :D

Posted Image

I still need to fine tune it, but oil will spawn in Sedimentary rock layer now :)

But i am still playing with the idea to also add a way to generate oil with coal...just thinking on that HUGE coal mine and what to do with it :P

I don't really like the idea of mining for oil, that's why i'm thinking of adding a multiblock oil drilling platform, which has to be made like the Bloomery or the Charcoal Pit. I love things like that :)

If anyone has any ideas on how something like that could/should look like, post a few pics.

More coming soon....

But Buildcraft already has the tools you need (via the mining well and pump). Why make an entirely new structure that serves the same purpose? Admittedly, "because I can" is always a valid reason, but it's not chiefly necessary. (Though maybe these machines could be part of the multiblock, if you do make one.)

I'm also not sure if the size of the pool you showed in your screenshot makes it worth building a big multiblock structure. It looks like one of the desert pools, and those only have around 10-30 buckets worth of oil in them. Not like the liquid isn't valuable, but it's pumped out in a few minutes even with only a single redstone engine, leaving you with a multiblock that probably took longer to assemble than it took to finish its job.

It would be far simpler to make the mining well stop digging when it hits any liquid, not just on hitting lava. That way you could use it to dig a hole into an oil deposit you found without boring straight through to the bottom of the map.

Thats only the tip of the pool :)

The reason i want to make a multiblock functional structure is to make it more realistic. And i like the idea. And it would fit into TFC much better :)

In real life, you setup a drilling structure, you drill, and most of the time you go home empty. But sometimes you hit a small amount, or you hit a big pocket.

I'm thinking of making 2 modes. Drilling for lava and oil. The drill will stop if it hits the wrong liquid (or air, maybe) and you will have to move to another place to drill. After you find the liquid you are drilling for, you remove the drilling structure and use the pump to get it out. The drill block would also need gears and power to work. The gears would take damage and would need replacing. And sometimes the drill would malfunction and explode damaging your structure and surroundings.

For now, these are my first thoughts...

I really disliked Buildcraft until discovering Thermal Expansion. Nonetheless, my last setup before knowing TFC was playing with TE, EE3 and Minefactory reloaded as the only installed mods.

This was quite challenging to get everything running.

So in fact I like your way of approach. I do not know if Buildcraft is open source. If so, you could do a very sophisticated rewrite for TFC.

I would not mind multiblock structures. And to build up a quarry frame manually ,-) (4 steel ingots for 64 frame-blocks i.e.).

And I would rather like to use a steam boiler (like in railcraft) to keep my machines running. Weee ... imagine to build up a boiler next to your quarry first to get everything running.

Well, sorry for letting my thoughts running. I just I like your approach and would really like to take my step from C# to Java right now :)

After yet another weekend of coding, version 0.2.b76 is out :) ... and also BuildCraft v3.5.1

Changes:

+ Oil will spawn somewhere in the Sedimentary stone Layer2, and sometimes the bottom of Layer1

+ All pipes are from different metals and need a plan and anvil to be made

+ Item IDs have been reorganized and are static now

- Removed Sandstone recipe. Not needed anymore

+ Added a new Silver Conductive Pipe for almost perfect conductivity

+ New gear textures

+ Changed pipe names to represent more the function then the material they're made out of

Because oil is spawning now and IDs have changed... generating a new world is needed.

Because of ID conflicts between BC and TFC, ID change in .minecraftconfigbuildcraftmain.conf is still needed. I do a search and replace "=19" to "=17".

Info and Download is in the OP.

Have FUN :)

quick question do you need both

BCTFCcrossover v0.2.b76

BuildCraft 3.5.1

if so i found a few bug.

your conductive pipe are not working

can not make a wrench

the redstone chips set are not showing the right textures and are not give and item after the work is done

Yes, you need both.

Are you making the wrench with TFC anvil?

Redstone chips have not been changed. It may be a BC bug.

...i will take a look at it tonight

Version 0.3.b76 is out.

Wrench tool added. Can be made with different metals that have different durability.

Recipes page will be updated soon, but you can use any metals from which the TFC tools are made out of.

An idea for you for waterproof-pipes.. Galvanizing. Via zinc. Much more believable than cactus anyhow. Kick that to the curb!

Galvanized iron pipes were the pipe of choice for a long time after lead... They do eventually rust tho as they aren't perfect. Copper however doesn't rust.. for gameplay purposes, maybe galvanized iron/steel that has a slight drawback until you can get galvanized blacksteel (or whatever its just a thought) that is perfect

Galvanizing could be fun. A multiblock structure, something like a mini bloomery, where you can smelt zinc ingots and dip the transport pipes into, making them waterproof. :)

I also thought about adding a way to extract latex from trees, or maybe even add a tree (or a few) for that purpose....hmm, coding a cool tree..could be fun :) (anyone have good tree ideas?)

Galvanizing could be fun. A multiblock structure, something like a mini bloomery, where you can smelt zinc ingots and dip the transport pipes into, making them waterproof. :)

I also thought about adding a way to extract latex from trees, or maybe even add a tree (or a few) for that purpose....hmm, coding a cool tree..could be fun :) (anyone have good tree ideas?)

you might want to look in to a permanent tree tap for sap and make a multistep process to get what you want.

I was thinking about adding in Sweet Gum species of Tree for this purpose. Would defininately be helpful to have something to register 'rubber' with for all the mods out there.

And just to add, You're doing wonderful work. Keep at It! :D